Guys, I've been waiting as long as i could for ATT to launch the 9900, but seems like it aint gonna happen anytime soon, i actually got someone to buy my 9800 unlocked, so now i desperately need a new phone... Has anyone purchased a Rogers phone online and shipped to the US? I imagine i will have to search and pay for it to be unlocked online.. has anyone done this on ATT, if so, howd it go? Are Rogers phones reported flawed or good? Any advise on a trusting unlocking website that actually has keys for this model?

Man i just wish ATT would surprise me with great new this 1st week of november, if not i'm taking the risk and buying it online.... if it is actually possible to ship from Canada.

Anyone have experienced this yet? Any suggestions??

Thanks CB community!!!
    Ian B
    ex 9800 user / Current PlayBook 64 GB wifi owner
    10-29-11 10:36 PM
    The search function is your friend, Lot a threads on this.
    10-29-11 10:50 PM
    Guys, I've been waiting as long as i could for ATT to launch the 9900, but seems like it aint gonna happen anytime soon, i actually got someone to buy my 9800 unlocked, so now i desperately need a new phone... Has anyone purchased a Rogers phone online and shipped to the US? I imagine i will have to search and pay for it to be unlocked online.. has anyone done this on ATT, if so, howd it go? Are Rogers phones reported flawed or good? Any advise on a trusting unlocking website that actually has keys for this model?

Man i just wish ATT would surprise me with great new this 1st week of november, if not i'm taking the risk and buying it online.... if it is actually possible to ship from Canada.

Anyone have experienced this yet? Any suggestions??

Thanks CB community!!!
    Ian B
    ex 9800 user / Current PlayBook 64 GB wifi owner
    Any Rogers/Bell/Telus 9900 will work with AT&T's bands. They (the Canadian carriers) will not ship to a US address so you're going to have to get some one to buy it and ship it to you. Or eBay. Or the marketplace here on CB. Or Amazon. You get the idea. Visual Voice Mail will not work will these on AT&T. It remains to be seen if it will once AT&T launches.

You can find unlocking codes on the net or here on CB. Cost will vary but the end result is the same - you get the code (a group of numbers) to enter into the phone. The unlocking service will provide instructions on how to do it if you ask. Some unlocking services are as cheap as 99 cents and some are over twenty bucks. It's your money.

Keep in mind, if you do not buy from an authorized seller (carrier or otherwise), RIM will not honour the one year warranty. Not to mention if you have issues within the first 30 days or so, you can't exchange it.

Not trying to discourage you but giving you the big picture.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    10-29-11 11:17 PM
    Yes agree
    But didn't atnt tweet that it will drop soon?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-11 11:49 PM
    Yes agree
    But didn't atnt tweet that it will drop soon?

You mean the Tweet AT&T posted it was coming soon? That's the Tweet AT&T removed.
    10-29-11 11:52 PM
    You mean the Tweet AT&T posted it was coming soon? That's the Tweet AT&T removed.
    classic att's move to delay things
    10-30-11 12:20 AM
    I got a rogers phone for att the second I could. Got it from a friend that lives in canada, bought it and shipped it to me. I also see them on ebay. Works awesome, no issues with service or hardware or battery. Absolutely love it. Best phone I've ever had a pleasure to have! Good luck, waiting for att will turn you into an old man.

10-30-11 08:19 AM
    Wow, I don't have anyone in Canada ... scared of buying it online after seeing so many posts about returns and exchanges, with my usual tech luck i'd end up with a problem 9900 and no way to claim warranty, definitely a turn off...

i guess i'll stay with a go phone for a couple of weeks while i do more research, who knows, ATT finally launches the 9900 by then...

Thanks for the heads up!!
    10-30-11 09:27 AM
    ya its a def gamble with that. i think if i would have waited and saw all the posts i prob wouldnt have gotten it thats for sure.
    10-30-11 10:06 AM
    Bold 9900 available on AT&T for 199.99 on November 6th
    11-01-11 06:48 PM
    Yeah, I saw that, thanks!! Now I'll change the title to Desperately waiting for Nov 6th!!
    11-02-11 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD