I was thinking, for these that DO *i dnt* have any kind of replacement plan or insurance or guarantee on the phone, could you TRY bricking the phone ? see in a controlled environment to cause that error in software ?

maybe some of you could try to experiment on that with .540 n 7.1 os, any feedback on how to avoid such problem would be great.

suggested way: drain battery and recharge

thanks !

*positive feedback is welcomed*
    11-29-11 03:45 PM
    hahah
    i brick mine once a week by accident.
    no need to avoid, its usually an easy fix
    11-29-11 04:00 PM
    I was thinking, for these that DO *i dnt* have any kind of replacement plan or insurance or guarantee on the phone, could you TRY bricking the phone ? see in a controlled environment to cause that error in software ?

maybe some of you could try to experiment on that with .540 n 7.1 os, any feedback on how to avoid such problem would be great.

suggested way: drain battery and recharge

thanks !

*positive feedback is welcomed*
    Curious as to why us and not RIM? If I were to brick mine I'd be giving up a device I bought new for a refurb. Plus waiting for it to arrive.

As far as nuking, I've had that occur twice - error 517 on the first, 524 on the second.
    11-29-11 04:39 PM
    hahah
    i brick mine once a week by accident.
    no need to avoid, its usually an easy fix
    Tell me you meant nuke - that's a LOT of replacements otherwise...
    11-29-11 04:43 PM
    I'll be getting mine from amazion next week. I am hoping that alot of the issues are gone. I am currently using the 9810 and have had zero issues. Just figured I would pick up a 9900 for a penny. Once I get mind will for sure run the battery down I mean what kind of phone doesn't let you run the battery dead.
    11-29-11 04:47 PM
    Once I get mind will for sure run the battery down I mean what kind of phone doesn't let you run the battery dead.
    It's not that there's a problem running the battery dead, other than it shortens the battery's life cycle, it's that some devices don't work after being charged back up, e.g: bricking or nuking. If you're lucky it'll nuke and you can reload the OS. If it bricks, you need a new unit.
    11-29-11 05:11 PM
    Once I get mind will for sure run the battery down I mean what kind of phone doesn't let you run the battery dead.
    other than the fact its not adviseable to let any Li-ion battery run dead, look at it this way, how many people you know that let their car run totally outta fuel? not the smartest idea is it.
    11-29-11 05:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD