If I delete it, how would I go about installing it back on later?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-11 02:31 AM
    Works a charm! Took my phone off charge saturday morning at 7am used it all day at work, and went to pub afterwards. got home where I get 3G (normally drains my battery), deleted social feeds, used my phone all day sunday and still had 25% battery at midnight sunday.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-05-11 03:14 AM
    If I delete it, how would I go about installing it back on later?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Reinstall through Desktop Manager, Applications.
    09-05-11 07:59 AM
    standby all the time time time?
    09-05-11 09:16 AM
    Tried it and used Meterberry to keep an eye on the drain. With Social Feeds installed (and hooked up to Facebook and Twitter) average discharge was around 3-5% an hour. With it deleted, getting around 2-3%.
    09-05-11 01:33 PM
    There is no doubt that social feeds was eating a lot of battery life for me. I was wondering why I was getting random hang ups, so i opened up application management and every 30seconds the app was using up 80% of my CPU and battery was hot. At first I thought it was the 4G radio but this is def a serious problem in addition to the general impact of the 4G stack, the other night my battery went from 70% to 1% in under an hour, phone was extremely hot. It appears to be a bug because changing the refresh time didn't have any impact. As a matter of fact removing ALL options for it to track had no impact either. I'm wondering if it's indexing or something (kinda like the mds service with spotlight on a mac) because it even lost track of my RSS feeds' history. Could also be a carry over from settings in OS6, so i'll try to reinstall fresh and see what happens.
    09-12-11 02:00 PM
    I am not 100% sure because i don't use my 9930 for as much social as I do work but i beleive that you have to log into your accounts from your PC to control update times to your associated smartphone that you have it hooked up with. Anyone out there can you confirm this??
    09-12-11 02:12 PM
    I am not 100% sure because i don't use my 9930 for as much social as I do work but i beleive that you have to log into your accounts from your PC to control update times to your associated smartphone that you have it hooked up with. Anyone out there can you confirm this??
    All update/refresh intervals can be controlled from within the individual apps on your device.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    09-12-11 02:14 PM
    i love social feeds also... i just go in the settings and set it to not refresh! Now im saving battery and by the same time keeping a awesome app! ;-)
    09-12-11 02:18 PM
    All update/refresh intervals can be controlled from within the individual apps on your device.
    So far changing the options appears to have no impact though Phil. Baffles me why me de-selecting every single option had the app running @ 80% still. I ended up deleting it and will wait for an update that fixes it. Doesnt happen all the time and i've noticed it more frequently when running bbm music, so i have a feeling that its related.
    09-12-11 02:18 PM
    Thanks for the assist, I know since I do not use these apps that much on my BB I was not sure and someone else would know.
    09-12-11 02:32 PM
    I've heard this elsewhere before. I deleted Social Feeds from my new 9930 and my battery life has improved significantly. I also did this on my old 9650 and it had the same effect.

Nay to you nay-sayers! It worked on mine phone. I have facebook and twitter apps.. grouping them into one seemed kind of pointless.
    09-12-11 02:43 PM
    i love social feeds also... i just go in the settings and set it to not refresh! Now im saving battery and by the same time keeping a awesome app! ;-)
    No-one has been able to tell me how to do this? I can see an option for stopping the refresh of RSS feeds, but nothing that adjusts the refresh rate for Social Feeds. Can you tell me - please?
    09-12-11 04:46 PM
    No-one has been able to tell me how to do this? I can see an option for stopping the refresh of RSS feeds, but nothing that adjusts the refresh rate for Social Feeds. Can you tell me - please?
    Go in facebook and turn off refresh do the same in twitter and the social feeds app shouldn't be updated until you manually refresh it!
    09-12-11 05:23 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD