The same deleted text messages keep reappearing in by sms inbox every few days. The contacts are listed, but the message body is blank. Is anyone else experiencing this?
    09-22-11 02:55 PM
    have you tried battery pulling/soft reset?
    09-22-11 06:15 PM
    Yes I have experienced this problem too. For me, the empty, deleted texts would reappear after a reset or battery pull.
    I have since reinstalled the OS and have not had a problem. Knock on wood. I am using .353
    Coach Bill likes this.
    09-22-11 06:31 PM
    have you tried battery pulling/soft reset?
    Yes, I have tried both battery pull and soft reset. Actually, after restart is when the messages reappear!
    09-23-11 06:59 AM
    Yes I have experienced this problem too. For me, the empty, deleted texts would reappear after a reset or battery pull.
    I have since reinstalled the OS and have not had a problem. Knock on wood. I am using .353
    Well, I'm sorry you also have this issue, but at least I'm not alone. I am using .254 on Verizon. How can I reinstall the OS?
    09-23-11 07:04 AM
    Well, I'm sorry you also have this issue, but at least I'm not alone. I am using .254 on Verizon. How can I reinstall the OS?
    Update to the latest official OS

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s-ptci-650173/
    09-23-11 08:04 AM
    Navigate to messages/view folders. Review all sms/text related folders and remove old messages from all folders.
    For some reason, the messages I was having an issue with were saved to multiple locations.
    36thDisciple and LiteBulb like this.
    09-26-11 07:58 AM
    FINALLY A SOLUTION TO THIS ANNOYING PROBLEM!!
    10-30-12 06:13 PM
    Guide me, please, I got same pblem also...
    11-18-12 04:19 AM
    You don't need to wipe the phone to get rid of these messages. You can remove them using Desk Top Manager. Go into the device menu, delete data, selected data, sms messages. There is no way to partially delete the sms messages, but the zombie messages will be gone.
    11-18-12 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD