Yeah because testing Blackberry's with new OS' is easy and straightforward and can be done in a weekend....

Sorry you'll forgive me but I've lived this through this dream a few times....

PG
    hmm? i think you misread my post. let me clarify it.

thank you for the information. it was helpful and i appreciate it because it clarifies the timeline and what needs to happen before the phone is launched. i really wish att would start working on this process asap so that att and tmo can push this device out faster.

calm down
    05-07-11 08:56 PM
    This device is still in AT&T's lab and has not gone to field trial yet. Once it goes to the field it will be 30-45 days if all goes well...
    This is completely incorrect, the field test plan with the engineers and device testers average 6 months before the device is released to the public. I can assure you AT&T has had the 9900 in the field testing for a while now. And before you ask me how I know, I was a device test engineer for them back in 2008 and ran the test plans on the original Bold 9000.
    05-07-11 09:00 PM
    This is completely incorrect, the field test plan with the engineers and device testers average 6 months before the device is released to the public. I can assure you AT&T has had the 9900 in the field testing for a while now. And before you ask me how I know, I was a device test engineer for them back in 2008 and ran the test plans on the original Bold 9000.
    I think phonegeek knows what he's talking he field tested the 9700 and actually provided proof and crucial said the 9900 was headed for field testing didn't say it was officaly being field tested

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-11 09:12 PM
    The device already hit the field for AT&T according to CX.
    Actually if you'll check he has not said that it's in the field.

I have been field testing for over six years now officially including almost every Blackberry ATT has released in the last five years. Yes the entire test plan for the 9000 took six months but that included the lab time. Once the device leaves the lab and enters field trial that period only lasts 30-45 days. 60 at the outside for a device with very few issues.

If you have a device plagued with problems, and I am glad you brought up the 9000, where we have to switch hardware a few times and go through over 20 different SW revisions before we got one that was stable then it will take a lot longer to test.

PG
    05-07-11 10:33 PM
    Great, have to wait longer than expected. How about a timetable for the monaco also? Probably even later.
    Bbworld must have been filled with great news this year. Can't believe I missed it!

05-08-11 03:18 AM
    There will be almost no time difference between the TMO release and the ATT release in fact they will most likely happen the same day. TMO and ATT will not aggressively market against each other on the same device between now and merger close.
    I think you are forgetting something, at&t also have torch 2 and it would seem unlikely that they wouldn't intend to launch that one first given that they have spent money building up that brand in the states.
    05-08-11 05:47 AM
    If you have a device plagued with problems, and I am glad you brought up the 9000, where we have to switch hardware a few times and go through over 20 different SW revisions before we got one that was stable then it will take a lot longer to test.
    Given that it worked fine on plenty of other networks around the world that probably should have read 'got one that was stable' on at&t's ****ty network.
    05-08-11 05:50 AM
    I think you are forgetting something, at&t also have torch 2 and it would seem unlikely that they wouldn't intend to launch that one first given that they have spent money building up that brand in the states.
    Torch won't be out until later in the year after the Touch.

Given that it worked fine on plenty of other networks around the world that probably should have read 'got one that was stable' on at&t's ****ty network.
    In terms of network reliability at&t is #2 only slightly behind Verizon. And yes it worked fine on plenty of other networks around the world, most of them got it after it was released in the US and after at&t completed the testing. Your welcome!

PG
    05-08-11 08:08 AM
    It worked fine for many of us on AT&T too.
    05-08-11 08:13 AM
    Actually, no it didn't. I specifically remembering Orange discontinuing sales of the 9000 until RIM sorted issues with it. A buddy of mine is deep within Voda UK and they had issues too. As did Rogers but they rushed it out. The original problems with the 9000 were NOT limited to just AT&T.

05-08-11 02:43 PM
    Actually, no it didn't. I specifically remembering Orange discontinuing sales of the 9000 until RIM sorted issues with it. A buddy of mine is deep within Voda UK and they had issues too. As did Rogers but they rushed it out. The original problems with the 9000 were NOT limited to just AT&T.

what does your mate say about vodafone uk release date eh?
    05-08-11 03:07 PM
    what does your mate say about vodafone uk release date eh?
    Coming soon! )
    05-08-11 03:31 PM
    Coming soon! )
    heh heh. How soon?
    05-08-11 03:45 PM
    That's all you're gonna get Chaz

05-08-11 03:47 PM
    Cx please drop us somthing about the touch monaco release or somthing please CX
    05-08-11 03:50 PM
    Bla bla bla I just want it ;

05-08-11 03:52 PM
    Coming soon! )

LOL

True that!

Us lot should be used to this by now I have learnt patience, I think!
    05-08-11 05:14 PM
    Back in 2008 when the Bold 9000 was supposed to be released in the "summer" I was in high anticipation too.

It came out in November.....

Just sayin.. to predict the future you gotta look at history.
    05-08-11 05:46 PM
    Back in 2008 when the Bold 9000 was supposed to be released in the "summer" I was in high anticipation too.

Finally, somebody with some common sense!

Same thing happened with the 9700 in 2009, and the 9780 in 2010...

Anyone thinking we'll see this device before September earliest, is only fooling themselves.

05-08-11 05:58 PM

It came out in the summer in Canada, eh?
    05-08-11 06:01 PM
    Finally, somebody with some common sense!

Same thing happened with the 9700 in 2009, and the 9780 in 2010...

Anyone thinking we'll see this device before September earliest, is only fooling themselves.

The only thing is that RIM cannot afford to lose the value of their shares at this time. Every week pass by, there is a new HTC or Sony or Motorola.

Also here in Canada, the prices of 9780 and ALL(not just one) BlackBerries has gone down. I work at BestBuy and out Mobile department reduced their inventory level of 9780 significantly. The only reason to reduce the stock level of a fairly new
    device like 9780 is to bring new once in. Today we gave away BB 9780 for $30 with a 3 year contract. Regular price is $100 with 3 year.

I may be wrong but I hope I am right on this one.

05-08-11 08:21 PM
    whoever said he/she is getting a up-to-date spec Android phone, good for you if that is what you want. I can tell that high-end android phones are goods, and the specs are miles ahead of RIM. Am currently rocking with a tmobile g2x which featured 8mp camerea, 1080p recording, dual-core nvidia tegra 2. Guess what? This phone is great, but the battery is nowhere near my old blackberry 9700. I'm going on my asia tour next week, and sure will have fun charging it every afternoon in asia....

August is fine with me, as I will be back in the end of july. Guess what phone I will be getting then? Yes, I left the crackberry community for almost 2 weeks, and I'm missing it! Nuff said.
    05-08-11 09:40 PM
    Umm, I've nevery really been good with math but, how are there 4 months each in the first two quarters?

Q1 = Jan, Feb, Mar
    Q2 = Apr, May, Jun
    Q3 = Jul, Aug, Sept
    Q4 = Oct, Nov, Dec

Even if RIM, VZW or any other companies used some funky fiscal quartering system (i.e. the year begins in feb and ends the following jan) there would still only be three months to each quarter.

If the release is Q2, then it has to be released before July 1. If it's August, that would be Q3... just sayin'.
    I think RIM's fiscal year starts in April. PlayBook was released in Q1 like they promised.
    05-08-11 11:51 PM
    Just be patient and wait. It will come out very soon.
    05-09-11 01:02 AM
    Just be patient and wait. It will come out very soon.
    Easier said than done for some of us! LOL.
    05-09-11 07:20 AM
133 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD