According to bgr the bold touch has been delayed until August and gave no reason as to why crucial can you confirm this?
    05-04-11 04:14 PM
    Not sure how that could be classified as delayed. They said summer. August is in summer.
    05-04-11 04:18 PM
    Don't read too much into that -- you can't delay something that was never given an official date.. not to mention they have plenty on hand here at BBW and it's running tip top for the most part. Yeah, some minor OS issues but BlackBerry 7 is alive and well.
    branflakes likes this.
    05-04-11 04:23 PM
    That is still delayed. We were expecting this in June or July! August is 30 days away from July and 60 from June... that is considered delay.
    05-04-11 04:23 PM
    I love delays based on rumored expectations from users that still meet the original release criteria!
    Shao128 and MissJennell#IM like this.
    05-04-11 04:25 PM
    That is still delayed. We were expecting this in June or July! August is 30 days away from July and 60 from June... that is considered delay.
    Can you post a link to where RIM said June/July?
    Machzy likes this.
    05-04-11 04:26 PM
    Don't burst the bubble I'm living in. This phone is coming in June or July. No questions asked!

I've waited long long time for this.
    05-04-11 04:28 PM
    Can you post a link to where RIM said June/July?
    Crucial, and Phonegeek both said that its in At&T labs and that field testing takes 30-60 days unless there are DELAYS so yea if the phone comes out in August then it was delayed just because RIM never publicly stated a release date doesn't mean they didn't have an internal date set and I can almost guarantee it wasen't August let's hope Bgr is wrong on this

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    jinxednuance and mssca like this.
    05-04-11 04:33 PM
    Seriously? Speculated internal release dates without any actual confirmation as to what they were?

If they officially announce that it's releasing in december and start testing in january, how exactly is the delay determined by some internal date that was set in september (that was not confirmed in the first place).

I'm curious how an unknown internal release date matters more for this than the external one...
    MissJennell#IM likes this.
    05-04-11 04:40 PM
    There is no delay because there's no official release date to be delayed in the first place.

If you're feeling disappointed because you were expecting a June or July release, and the phone is released in August, it's your fault for putting too much faith in rumours and speculation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    rick0415 likes this.
    05-04-11 05:07 PM
    After owning the first Storm I vowed I would never buy another RIM product. I am very impressed by the 9900 BUT if RIM can't get it to the consumer before July or August I am all done! To hear that there are some kinks in 7 in not encouraging. I have owned various Android phone, and am not impressed. There are things that could be done to the iPhone to improve it ... but I will remain with the iPhone over BB if they are unable to release a perfectly working 9900 before July or August.
    05-04-11 05:12 PM
    After owning the first Storm I vowed I would never buy another RIM product. I am very impressed by the 9900 BUT if RIM can't get it to the consumer before July or August I am all done! To hear that there are some kinks in 7 in not encouraging. I have owned various Android phone, and am not impressed. There are things that could be done to the iPhone to improve it ... but I will remain with the iPhone over BB if they are unable to release a perfectly working 9900 before July or August.
    Well be prepared to stay on the iphone then. NO phone is perfect.
    05-04-11 05:21 PM
    What was wrong with the StarTac?
    05-04-11 06:08 PM
    for what we have seen as far as the 9900 there is no way this thiung shoulkd take till augost for a release come on augost the phone looks like it runs smooth right now no reason i say the end of june
    05-04-11 06:54 PM
    Enough with the back and forth arguments.

Back on topic please!

Oh and some of us should be checking the size of our signature size. Before I hit the button on this PM warning.........
    05-04-11 07:08 PM
    for what we have seen as far as the 9900 there is no way this thiung shoulkd take till augost for a release come on augost the phone looks like it runs smooth right now no reason i say the end of june
    Someone had mentioned -- the carriers decide. So it probably has little to do with the stability of the phone.

You know. I kind of wonder about the carriers and RIM and the whole thing with the bridging feature of the PlayBook/Phones. I mean the carriers must hate the bridging. I wonder if the carriers might drag their feet on the Bold 9900/9930 release to put the heat on RIM to get some concession over the bridging?
    05-04-11 07:12 PM
    August is a rumour too.
    RIM did say (and only a few days ago) that the release is this summer.
    Well, summer means many months, and there is another rumour today that it's going be toward the end of this year.
    I just wish RM being a bit more honest and upfront with their market. BB users have been loyal, and in return, RIM should exert a bit more effort to please the market, rather than giving themselves a lot of convenient leeways and teasing us.
    RIM should be just a bit more gutsy and committal. Look at the misery of PB release.
    And look at competitors. They sometimes miss the mark but they do not cry wolf endlessly.
    Time to shape up (and shake up), RIM!
    05-04-11 07:19 PM
    Honestly I'm not surprised. When was the last time RIM actually released a phone on time. Announcing it now and releasing it in August sounds like a delay to me.
    05-04-11 07:20 PM
    The phone is on the Blackberry website now. I would imagine it will be a month or two before coming out.
    05-04-11 08:44 PM
    Delay/not a delay...doesn't matter. It would be pathetic if it took until August to release this. More of the same from RIM.
    05-04-11 09:50 PM
    FYI...Summer is June 21 to Sept 20
    05-04-11 10:20 PM
    MEH. An extra 30-60 is not a big deal. It will fly by.
    05-04-11 11:13 PM
    They said "BEGINNING OF SUMMER" ie June
    05-04-11 11:26 PM
    We'll split the difference: The GSM 9900 comes out in June/July and the CDMA 9930 follows in August.
    05-04-11 11:29 PM
    I really get a kick out of the threats "if rim doesn't release by this date then..." ....anyway, regardless of the release date I'm making the purchase....but I'm really hoping for a June release
    FoxxBerry and RJMullins like this.
    05-04-11 11:54 PM
133 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD