just come across this... RIM Delays Release Of BlackBerry Bold 9900 Until September | ITProPortal.com

sorry its not a hyperlink, ill edit it when im not on my phone.

bad news if true, bursts all our bubbles that have appeared lately..
    06-09-11 12:28 PM
    this chain of 'rumour' went a bit like itproportal > fudzilla > and all stemmed from Bull.GR, i wouldn't even point a barge pole at this never mind touch it with one... i'd take it with a pinch of salt
    an english saying, in case people don't understand the relevance of a barge pole :P
    06-09-11 12:33 PM
    Hope this isn't true, as it didn't mention sources at all.
    06-09-11 12:34 PM
    When an article bases it's report on another website I have never heard of before (Fudzilla), i use many grains of salt. And when the articles in question site no legitimate RIM/carrier source, I grab a few more grains of salt. Then when I see quote like this, I close the article and move on:

9900 delay is a combination of issues and no one particular thing is a major reason for the delay.
    06-09-11 12:37 PM
    LOL how can they say OFFICIAL? RIM as not released any news of a delay, so it isn't official by any means. Also, RIM has clearly noted in thier May 02, 2011 press release "Beginning this Summer". NO ONE knows for sure of any true Bold 9900/9930 release dates, even Kevin Michaluk said on a re-tweet to me about a relase date, I tweeted, "So you're totally ruling out a June 28th-July 15th Bold 9900/9930 release?" and he tweeted back, "Not ruling it out, just not getting my hopes up". so again, NO ONE really knows a true relase date.
    06-09-11 01:05 PM
    This better be false, I cant wait till September..
    06-09-11 01:15 PM
    I like the mention of ONX? Thanks for the article OP, but I won't put much faith in an article that doesn't know that it is QNX, not ONX.
    06-09-11 01:17 PM
    lol Ya ONX???? WTH?

Normally people that bash can't spell either... oh well...

Article means nothing...
    06-09-11 01:19 PM
    This article was on Endgadget a week or so ago. I don't know who their source was but their a legitimate site.

Posted from my IPhone/Toy at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-11 02:24 PM
    This article was on Endgadget a week or so ago. I don't know who their source was but their a legitimate site.

Posted from my IPhone/Toy at wapforums.crackberry.com

People really need to learn to look for the source in each 'article'. All of the September talk originates from BGR. The Engadget article links to the BGR article.

The Fudzilla article pretty much parrots what the BGR article is saying (including the part about having another non-QNX OS after OS7), and Fudzilla not known as a credible source anyway.
    06-09-11 04:01 PM
    Guys this article is complete BS. Don't waste your time on it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-11 06:49 PM
    Guys this article is complete BS. Don't waste your time on it

Please show me YOUR source on why this info is not correct? thats right you cant! No one can prove anything is right or wrong or delayed or not. i wish people would just accept that sept is still summer and all RIM has said is summer. Other than that noone knows anything. It might be July, august or sept.
    06-09-11 06:59 PM
    Please show me YOUR source on why this info is not correct? thats right you cant! No one can prove anything is right or wrong or delayed or not. i wish people would just accept that sept is still summer and all RIM has said is summer. Other than that noone knows anything. It might be July, august or sept.
    No, it is bs. There was little research. An example of that is the OS being called OSX multiple times in the article. They also first say there was an official annoucement about even though RIM hasn't said anything about the 9900 since they talked about it at BlackBerry World. They then go onto say they got their info from a website that talked about rumors. Hiw do you think this is not bs? It's as good an article as the one CNN ran, which I think they should take down and fire the person who wrote it.

I won't believe anything until it comes straight from RIM, so until then its all speculation.

I agree that september is still summer though, so it could come out then. But for RIM's sake I sure hope it comes out sooner then that, and my sake too I guess. I would love to have that phone!

06-09-11 09:21 PM
    RIM said EARLY summer on their website, NOT summer. There is a HUGE difference and again I kept telling this is a bad way to run a company. I would downgrade RIM stock to ZERO in my opinion.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 06-09-11 at 11:03 PM.
    06-09-11 11:00 PM
    If they release in September, IT IS A DELAYED product in my opinion.
    06-09-11 11:03 PM
    No, it is bs. There was little research. An example of that is the OS being called OSX multiple times in the article. They also first say there was an official annoucement about even though RIM hasn't said anything about the 9900 since they talked about it at BlackBerry World. They then go onto say they got their info from a website that talked about rumors. Hiw do you think this is not bs? It's as good an article as the one CNN ran, which I think they should take down and fire the person who wrote it.

I won't believe anything until it comes straight from RIM, so until then its all speculation.

I agree that september is still summer though, so it could come out then. But for RIM's sake I sure hope it comes out sooner then that, and my sake too I guess. I would love to have that phone!

i didnt mean this article specially but how do you know that the "sept rumor" isnt true? I agree this particular article might be a little off but the topic is the same as many others citing that the phones will have a later or delayed release

RIM said EARLY summer on their website, NOT summer. There is a HUGE difference and again I kept telling this is a bad way to run a company. I would downgrade RIM stock to ZERO in my opinion.
    I missed those details on the RIM site but you are right if they did state that then its further evidence they are indeed "delayed" like all the reports have stated
    mssca likes this.
    06-09-11 11:04 PM
    I also missed the part of early summer. If that is infact the case they better put some pressure on the carriers to get the 9900 out early summer.

06-09-11 11:07 PM
    I also missed the part of early summer. If that is infact the case they better put some pressure on the carriers to get the 9900 out early summer.

I am in Canada.... The Canadian media was also told at one point early summer. In fact I think I have a saved PDF file from Canadian RIM (NOT BlackBerry website) web page with that news file. Let me see if I can find it on my computer and I will upload the file here.
    06-09-11 11:17 PM
    This is just sad. I ******* hate to see a company, once a giant become so small and unprofessional. Why can they not get their act together!
    06-09-11 11:19 PM
    its hard to know what's true. Uk carriers have it on their systems and even release preview videos, yet the September release rumours still circulate.

im hoping that vodafones video is a hint at an early release and that the September idea is a myth, or at least only true for some counteries/ versions of the phone. maybe its all down to the 9900 having been more reliable/less issues than the 9930, so neither will be released in counteries that support both types until its sorted...

06-10-11 04:42 AM
    RIM have NEVER stated EARLY summer ANYWHERE!

Their actual wording regarding availability is as follows:-

"Availability - The new BlackBerry Bold 9900 and 9930 smartphones are expected to be available from carriers around the world beginning this summer."

'Early summer' and 'beginning this summer' are COMPLETELY different.

06-10-11 05:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD