Anyone getting a delay when they take their phone out of the holster? I've had several blackberry's and they have never had a delay waking the phone up. Slight delay, but noticable. I was use to checking my messages quickly with my previous blackberry's by pulling it half way out of the holster and phone would show message right away. No delay. Was wondering if it was just my phone. Still loving my 9900 though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Frosty_Power; 09-11-11 at 02:03 AM.
    09-11-11 01:48 AM
    No delays here.

09-11-11 02:58 AM
    Mine has a delay like that from time to time. Not very long but it is noticeable.
    09-11-11 07:03 AM
    Delay here as well. on .353.
    09-11-11 08:17 AM
    same problem with mine on rogers 261...wonder why..
    09-11-11 08:52 AM
    I've noticed it too lately, sometimes its worse. Running .353 on mine.

09-11-11 09:06 AM
    Anyone getting a delay when they take their phone out of the holster? I've had several blackberry's and they have never had a delay waking the phone up. Slight delay, but noticable. I was use to checking my messages quickly with my previous blackberry's by pulling it half way out of the holster and phone would show message right away. No delay. Was wondering if it was just my phone. Still loving my 9900 though.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're only pulling your phone out halfway to quickly check messages. If the trackpad is anywhere near the top of the holster where there is a magnet for the closure flap, sleep mode is still activated. Previous phones had the sleeper magnet located at the space bar, the 9900 has it at the trackpad.
    09-11-11 09:29 AM
    I don't think that's what they mean - I get it also sometimes when I pull my BB out of the holster it is 'frozen' for a few seconds...
    09-11-11 11:30 AM
    If I'm understanding you correctly, you're only pulling your phone out halfway to quickly check messages. If the trackpad is anywhere near the top of the holster where there is a magnet for the closure flap, sleep mode is still activated. Previous phones had the sleeper magnet located at the space bar, the 9900 has it at the trackpad.
    No, I would pull it out all the way and look at a blank screen for half a second. Not a big issue, it's just never been like that with any of my old BB's, and I've had almost all of them. What I meant in my previous post is that I would only need to pull my old BB's half way out of the holster to read my messages(when on the go) or have a quick peek(in a meeting or whatever).

I'm also running .261, and no other issues with it. Like I said, this one is minor.
    09-11-11 10:02 PM
    None on mine at all. Stock Verizon OS
    09-11-11 11:13 PM
    I also have a bit of a delay running .353. There none on my 9780, but my 9900 has about a full second still black screen as soon as it's fully out of the holster. Does anyone have this issue that's NOT on .353?

09-12-11 06:06 AM
    I have some as well from time to time. I'm on .353 as well, but it only happens when things are running in the background.

09-12-11 08:06 AM
    I have some as well from time to time. I'm on .353 as well, but it only happens when things are running in the background.

I'm on .261 and it happens even with no apps running in the background, only sometimes though, not sure why.
    09-14-11 10:26 AM
    it used to happen to me..

now running .353 and it doesn't happen anymore
    09-14-11 12:38 PM
    Does anyone still have this issue? Yesterday I got a replacement device from Verizon which does this, even with the latest official verizon os which was released yesterday.
    10-19-11 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD