Hi all,

I am using the standard BB calendar app and have a few questions:

1.) I am a bit unsatisfied with how the BB Calendar app looks and specifically how it shows my schedule. Any suggestions of a calendar app that syncs with Google calendar that you might recommend over the default app/

2.) Is there a way to get my Google Calendar to be the default Calendar when you open the Calendar app? I have set my options to the Google Calendar when you input an event but whenever I open my calendar it opens to the "show all calendar" view which seems to include both my Yahoo and Google Calendars.

Thanks, John
    Last edited by Noari1; 09-12-11 at 11:34 AM.
    09-12-11 11:32 AM
    1) As far as I know there is no app that does that, I hoped that Pocket Informant would do it but according to the makers they only sync with the native BB calendar although you might want to check it out in case. BlackBerry is very limited calendar wise in that you can only have one separate calendar per email address, or multiple calendars synced into one. The mobile Google calendar web page is beyond useless.

2) I don't think you can do that, the only way you can change the default calendar is if you have multiple calendars tied to multiple email addresses, then you have to go into your phone's settings and change the setting for default services.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-11 02:06 PM
    Hi all,

I am using the standard BB calendar app and have a few questions:

1.) I am a bit unsatisfied with how the BB Calendar app looks and specifically how it shows my schedule. Any suggestions of a calendar app that syncs with Google calendar that you might recommend over the default app/

2.) Is there a way to get my Google Calendar to be the default Calendar when you open the Calendar app? I have set my options to the Google Calendar when you input an event but whenever I open my calendar it opens to the "show all calendar" view which seems to include both my Yahoo and Google Calendars.

Thanks, John
    Being a native BB app your calender is never going to look like another calendar when you open it other then setting it to day, week, month so when you open it the UI will look different and in as much as syncing it, You can sync it with your google calender of for that matter your Outlook calender.

Read the help section on google calendar syncing or go to Cell Phones, Smartphones & Mobile Phones from BlackBerry.com and go to the 9900/9930 and DL the entire PDF use manual to your PC so you will be able to read about calendar syncing and any other future questions you might have...

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...001-7.0-US.pdf

There you go, this is the entire user manual - Good luck.
    09-12-11 02:28 PM
    This is the only other APP that is made to make the calender different from standard.

Calendar and Tasks for BlackBerry, Personal Information Manager for BlackBerry | Calendar Pro

I am holding out for pocket breeze for blackberry as I like the "today" look of a calendar.
    09-12-11 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD