02-04-12 07:48 AM
39 12
tools
    Surprisingly I've always gone naked with all of my Blackberry's I just try to be really careful...right now im using the 9900 and im taking care of it too much lol

I dropped my 9800 with force and a high height on concrete slabs a while back...there was only a very small chip barely visible...I was shocked at how strong it was!!
    02-03-12 08:02 AM
    Ekilla, if you look closely when you lay I face down on a hard surface the screen will not touch. Someone at Rim thought of this. Fyi. Been nekkid for months now and enjoy everything about it.
    02-03-12 08:21 AM
    Really the price of a case and screen protector is what you would lose on the resale of a device that has some minor scratches.

Would you drive a Lamborghini around with a car cover on it complete with a hole cut out for the windsheild???
    02-03-12 08:53 AM
    I have had my 9900 in the otter box commuter case since August and I took it out the case last week and I noticed it got a lot of attention, been out ever since!
    02-03-12 11:02 AM
    I like your additude fourboysplus. Besides the next new one is right around the corner. Enjoy it as it was meant to be enjoyed and to h*ll with protection!
    Last edited by albee 1; 02-03-12 at 10:30 PM.
    fourboysplus likes this.
    02-03-12 12:55 PM
    just get the BodyGuardz protective film like I did. As many here I was concerned about scratching the back cover and that's why i got the film on it...if you really like it/ put a film on it lalalala....
    02-03-12 01:03 PM
    as mentioned before in other "case / protection threads"

i"ve purchased a lot of cases for my 9900, case mate brushed aluminium, otterbox impact, couple cheapo polycarbonate ones and others from amazon, even a leather door

and i cant help but take off either cases from time to times and let it be free

i work on a construction site, minor tiny hairline scratches on the bezel, but nothing major, even from the couple falls it had while naked

i might just continue running naked
    02-03-12 09:05 PM
    I have had five berries before the 9900 and without exception, all have very minor almost imperceptible dings. I ordered my OB Commuter and Active holster which arrived before my phone. This is the first phone with a case and no dings. I used to be big on my devices going commando but no more especially with the expense of theses devices.
    02-03-12 09:20 PM
    Been naked since day one, but I use the leather pouch. I wish they had included that instead of the holster, or a coupon for whichever you wanted. I like the pouch so that when it goes in the briefcase or pocket it doesn't pick up as much lint and dust.
    Mine came with a beautiful leather pouch
    02-03-12 09:27 PM
    Been using the OEM leather pouch for 4 months now. Yes it is quite hard to pull the phone from it, specially if you're holding something in the other hand. I usually leave the pouch at home and put the phone in my pocket all night when i go for drinks as i cant answer the phone while holding a drink in my hand hehe.
    To my surprise, I recently realized that the pouch has left annoying "usage" marks on the bottom wide plastic below the keyboard. They somewhat make the phone look too "used". But i just cant go naked with the phone all time, feels unsafe so i keep using the pouch like a dork hehe.
    Considering getting a hard shell to be able to put it on the table without looking for a napkin to put it underneath heheh. But the case has to be indented form the front so i can put the phone face down on a table to protect it from spills, without scratching the keypad or the so called scratch proof screen.
    Also tried some screen films, they all looked very ugly so i left the screen naked.
    Last edited by jayjahed; 02-04-12 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Lingo
    02-04-12 02:47 AM
    Never had a case on any of my phones and haven't broken one. *knocks on wood* My Torch 9800 really took a beating though, works fine still though! My 9900 hasn't been dropped yet and I put it in the holster all the time anyway, I just like the magnet!
    02-04-12 05:53 AM
    I have been using the OEM holster since day one without any issues. IMO this device is too damn nice to be covered up.
    02-04-12 06:33 AM
    I have been using the OEM holster since day one without any issues. IMO this device is too damn nice to be covered up.
    The first time you drop it on the floor and get a ding, it will make a case more attractive. It took me five berries to be convinced to get a case.
    02-04-12 07:44 AM
    "the first cut is the deepest"
    02-04-12 07:48 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD