02-04-12 07:48 AM
39 12
tools
    Like the title says, decided not to use a case anymore. First off let me say which case I had, it was the oem blackberry soft shell case. Let's just say I loved it, very comfortable, easy to put on and take out, quality feels great. The only bad news was it was hard to press the buttons on the side and top. But anyways, the bold 9900 just looks way too sexy to be covered, and it feels lighter in the hand. Now I just have to be really really careful I don't drop it haha which I barely do. And for some reason maybe its just me, but when I put my phone down somewhere I have to lay it down on some sort of soft material like my bed, carpet, or even on top of a book. & yeah the fingerprints suck on the back cover!
    02-02-12 11:55 PM
    I went naked for a day....decided to go back to my Otterbox Commuter
    02-02-12 11:58 PM
    mine is too new to be used naked, so i bought a really slim case. didnt feel bulky. on first glance, even my mom told me to buy a case but didnt realize i had already put one on
    02-02-12 11:59 PM
    I hate putting a cover on my BB and I did not used any case for first month but then one day I dropped it (While I was sleeping ) and since then I have OEM soft cover on but I miss the original touch and lightness of phone now Also, its so hard to press buttons on side and top so am thinking to go naked again. Good thing with BB White 9900 is that its back cover is not same as Black 9900 so no finger prints issue here
    02-03-12 12:05 AM
    I hate how this doesn't have the leather back! I get I pain when I place it down. And I rock the BB pouch thingy so I always put it back in before putting it down...then I feel douchy. Anyways, I did just order a soft BB case for it so I will try it out for a bit I guess
    02-03-12 12:15 AM
    That's true about the white back cover... But umm I gotta stick with original color BLACKberry
    02-03-12 12:17 AM
    I agree, they shouldve put the leather back stock! Now we gotta buy it seperate...
    02-03-12 12:18 AM
    Always been easy with berries they're sturdy!

The first went stolen during a holiday
    The second was lost at RIM after it bricked and wassent over
    The third turned out to be the best one as was assemblied perfecly and its rocking in my hand NAKED
    02-03-12 12:25 AM
    I've never dressed my BB other than the leather pouch.. loving the naked form in my hand.
    02-03-12 12:26 AM
    I might give ION ring a go as I heard it don't let the back touch surface but again if that will cause a battery life decrease than no use
    02-03-12 12:27 AM
    I agree, they shouldve put the leather back stock! Now we gotta buy it seperate...
    You can buy it somewhere on ebay or amazon for as less as tenner.
    02-03-12 12:28 AM
    Had my 9900 since November, always keep it in my pocket, no case. I've dropped it twice on the floor and landed face down. So far so good. No scratches on the screen, small hairline scratches on the battery door but I might get the leather battery door soon just to change it up.
    02-03-12 12:34 AM
    I didn't know that using a case decreases the signal strength which decreases the battery? Does it mattrer which case? Well in that case, good thing I took mines off ha! Do you guys know if BB will make their own offcial leather back door cover?
    02-03-12 12:47 AM
    Naked all the way. Some scratches here and there but I believe it gives the phone character.

Anyway, that's just me.
    ritesh likes this.
    02-03-12 12:48 AM
    I didn't know that using a case decreases the signal strength which decreases the battery? Does it mattrer which case? Well in that case, good thing I took mines off ha! Do you guys know if BB will make their own offcial leather back door cover?
    They do not. I preferred the leather feeling at beginning but now to be honest I like them both, you only need to get a bit used to I suppose.
    The leather was definetly when it come to drop the phone with no worries on the table
    02-03-12 12:56 AM
    When I bought the 9900, I bought a case along with it. It's been 4 weeks now since I bought the white 9900 and I still haven't used the case. It's just so pretty this way I really want to protect it in case it falls but I just couldn't cover it up!
    02-03-12 01:55 AM
    After posting on here I went right on ahead and bought the leather back for mine on ebay. Hopefully it will be by endo of next week. Tmrw I have a prong charger, dual usb phone/battery charger witha 3rd btry for on the go. And a soft shell cover comin in. Last week I had a BB pouch come in and screen protectors. Yeah...my bb is totally geeked out
    02-03-12 01:58 AM
    Like the title says, decided not to use a case anymore. First off let me say which case I had, it was the oem blackberry soft shell case. Let's just say I loved it, very comfortable, easy to put on and take out, quality feels great. The only bad news was it was hard to press the buttons on the side and top. But anyways, the bold 9900 just looks way too sexy to be covered, and it feels lighter in the hand. Now I just have to be really really careful I don't drop it haha which I barely do. And for some reason maybe its just me, but when I put my phone down somewhere I have to lay it down on some sort of soft material like my bed, carpet, or even on top of a book. & yeah the fingerprints suck on the back cover!
    Yes, I think so!
    02-03-12 02:19 AM
    have been using a pouch for months. decided to get a case instead, it can be frustrating when you're holding something in one hand already and the phone rings. Almost impossible to pull the phone out of the case and answer that damn call with one hand. Anyway, i bought the soft shell oem case a few days ago. It feels nice to hold, but the lock screen button requires much effort to be pressed. and the phone seem to pop out a little whenever i pull it out of my pocket.

I've never liked using a case much. But i'm too OCD to not use any protection at all and i don't like to put the phone on the desk directly when the phone is naked. I almost never drop my phone, so a skin is great for me. no bulk. So, i ordered a skin yesterday from gelaskins.com. IMO one of the best skins available in the market. I used one for my iphone 3G since the day i first bought the phone. As you all may know, the plastic back is extremely prone to scratches. i never used a case for my iphone 3g before and it felt great "naked". After almost a year later, the wi-fi on the iphone died so i went in to service it. i took out the skin and the back looks exactly the same as it was the 1st day i bought it. best part, they returned me a refurbished set on the spot and i just pasted the old skin back onto the new iphone. They are using a 3M sticker for their skin that is super easy to apply, and is reusable. it covers most part of the phone except the stainless steel ring around it, the screen, and the keyboard. Dry application too. which is why i prefer it over products like invisible shield.

sadly, i'm in singapore and gelaskins is in canada. So its going to be a long wait. Also i created my own skin design for them to produce too, so its going to take a while more. i just choose an all black design as to keep the look similar to the original bold.

will update it with pics once i get the skin if anyone is interested. super excited, not sure how it is going to turn out.
    Last edited by Alex_Hong; 02-03-12 at 02:50 AM.
    02-03-12 02:48 AM
    I don't even use a case. Just my holster.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-03-12 02:54 AM
    I prefer the carbon fibre look plastic back, it seems too look better with the phone, my mate has a leather one and it looks nice put just doesn't feel right, I wish they gave to either both of the backs, OR an option too have a plastic back or leather back.
    02-03-12 03:45 AM
    Naked all the way!

I've never understood the desire to cover up with cases and/or screen protectors. These just make for an ugly device. I paid many times more for my car and I don't put a cover on that, I just give it a good cleaning every so often.

Interested in naked? Check out and join AANR | Nudist | American Association for Nude Recreation
    02-03-12 03:46 AM
    Been using my bb9900 for 1 mnth! Haven been using any case or the original holster. Minor scratches on the metal bezel but the thing that bothered me most is the silver rod above the keyboard. The silver paint start to peel off ): RIM should have replace them with the aluminium use on the bezel!
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    02-03-12 05:56 AM
    I love using the Bold naked but I use the BB pouch when carrying it around. Gives it some protection when I'm not holding it in my hands, punching out texts.
    02-03-12 06:37 AM
    Been naked since day one, but I use the leather pouch. I wish they had included that instead of the holster, or a coupon for whichever you wanted. I like the pouch so that when it goes in the briefcase or pocket it doesn't pick up as much lint and dust.
    02-03-12 07:42 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD