Perhaps you guys can read up on the concept of Viral Marketing....Geez...I've received ZERO information on the new BB devices...How about creating some buzz guys...How about some viral efforts to get existing users excited - you know, so they don't defect and can look forward to the new devices that are comming...Not that hard to figure out, but I guess there's a reason ppl are so negative on RIMM these days.

BTW: I'm a loyal user and can't freakin wait to get my hands on the new 9930, but it's not due to any RIMM marketing efforts that's for sure!

Layoffs or not, management needs to get off their _asses in this regard....Light the fire, do something. Let me know what's coming.

Rant over.
    08-09-11 07:26 PM
    Honestly, just be patient. I know it's difficult, but it could be a lot worse. I've recently been disappointed by RIM and AT&T. I suppose I'm becoming numb to hopes and dreams that rely on others.

Live your life, my fellow CrackBerry user. In no time, you will have the 9930/9900.
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    08-09-11 07:37 PM
    I am going to have to agree with the first post. No hype has been created by RIM.

The most hype has been created by Crackberry and none elsewhere.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-11 07:42 PM
    part of the reason it hasnt been done is because of the simultaneous launch and carriers not having their launches ready... if we hype it up too early and no devices are ready to be sold its kinda pointless (it seems like rogers/bell/telus are still scrambling to get their act together - rogers and bell dont even mention it on their website yet)
    08-09-11 07:43 PM
    I am going to have to agree with the first post. No hype has been created by RIM.

The most hype has been created by Crackberry and none elsewhere.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    RIM failed miserably with the Playbook marketing what makes you think they would pick it up for the launch of their new flagship phone?
    bembol and Bold9930 like this.
    08-09-11 07:44 PM
    part of the reason it hasnt been done is because of the simultaneous launch and carriers not having their launches ready... if we hype it up too early and no devices are ready to be sold its kinda pointless (it seems like rogers/bell/telus are still scrambling to get their act together - rogers and bell dont even mention it on their website yet)
    I'm not suggesting hyping to announce a date, rather how about a target launch...More importantly, let me know as the user, what's coming, what I should be getting excited about and lastly, keep me informed...Is that too much to ask being a loyal user for many years now? RIMM has my email, I've asked to be informed.

So far, I've had to go get it all on my own. Creating excitement (education) is fine...Release dates are different and I'm sure harder to nail.
    08-09-11 07:49 PM
    How about creating some buzz guys...How about some viral efforts to get existing users excited
    You mean like #BB7FanNight ? Honestly though, I think they are improving in this department.
    08-09-11 07:53 PM
    You mean like #BB7FanNight ? Honestly though, I think they are improving in this department.
    Right. Who outside of CB/twitter knew what the **** that was?
    Alia likes this.
    08-09-11 07:54 PM
    Right. Who outside of CB/twitter knew what the **** that was?
    Or even knew the event existed...I'm amazed at how much credit some of you give to RIMM for their half-hearted efforts.

Again, poor execution and lack of hype - make me want to stand in line for one....The new devices are awesome!!!! Even their promotional video of the 9900 was weak in highlighting some very keen new functionally and coolness of the new devices. I've found much better ones on youtube.

Here's a question: of the millions of existing BB users, how many actually know that new devices are coming - regardless of when?
    08-09-11 08:00 PM
    Or even knew the event existed...I'm amazed at how much credit some of you give to RIMM for their half-hearted efforts.

Again, poor execution and lack of hype - make me want to stand in line for one....The new devices are awesome!!!! Even their promotional video of the 9900 was weak in highlighting some very keen new functionally and coolness of the new devices. I've found much better ones on youtube.

Here's a question: of the millions of existing BB users, how many actually know that new devices are coming - regardless of when?
    You would have to get all three major service providers to provide release dates that won't change. We don't know why Verizon is getting it before ATT. They say ATT is more strict on what they will accept, but I disagree. They've accepted worse pieces of **** than the Curve and Torch. Someone at ATT doesn't like Blackberry anymore, or their numbers at ATT are too low for them to care about releasing when they need to.

ATT has the iPhone. Sprint and TMobile do not. Their staple phones are BB and Android phones. Verizon just got the iPhone, but most of the iPhone users still have ATT.
    08-09-11 08:25 PM
    Doesn't RIM/Competitors have Keynotes Event like Apple?

My family & friends knows about and/or when the next Apple is coming out.

If it wasn't for CrackBerry/Google I wouldn't even know about RIM's new line up because I don't see any commercials or ads.

RIM failed miserably with the Playbook marketing what makes you think they would pick it up for the launch of their new flagship phone?
    +1

It's one of the points I made, why the PlayBook failed/not selling.
    08-09-11 08:41 PM
    Doesn't RIM/Competitors have Keynotes Event like Apple?

My family & friends knows about and/or when the next Apple is coming out.

If it wasn't for CrackBerry/Google I wouldn't even know about RIM's new line up because I don't see any commercials or ads.

+1

It's one of the points I made, why the PlayBook failed/not selling.
    What I have found interesting is that I've seen quite a few commercials on the Playbook, but I believe they all fell on def ears for the most part. My wife isn't the biggest supporter of her iPad, but not sure if the Playbook would be any better - well for flash sites I know would be and that's her biggest complaint. I'd rather they spend their advertising dollars on BB devices as we know they have a loyal following, and perhaps tie in the Playbook but don't lead with it...This way you can get exposure for their cash cow - the BB and also help gain some awareness/exposure of the Playbook...

Call me crazy.

P.S, Yahoo and everyone else will make a newstory on a new iPhone, but a new BB will only get exposure on sites like this. See a trend.

Lastly, saw this blurb on a massive UK study.

�The Apple iPhone is the most popular brand of smartphone, but BlackBerry handsets are a favourite choice among younger consumers;�

�Apple�s iPhone is the most popular brand of smartphone, with a 32% share among adults. This is the brand of choice among ABC1s (37%) and is even higher among ABs alone (44%). But BlackBerry handsets have also taken a significant share of the market (24%) and are particularly popular among younger adults and teens (37% each). Female teens, in particular, appear to have a preference for BlackBerry handsets (44%). Anecdotal evidence suggests that this preference is driven by the BlackBerry messenger service (BBM) which offers a free alternative to texting (SMS). Users like the ease-of-use of the Blackberry keypad.�

Moreover: �Social networking is the most common internet use on mobile phones�
    Last edited by Bold9930; 08-09-11 at 08:56 PM.
    08-09-11 08:52 PM
    wait RIM advertises? i thought the carriers did that.
    08-09-11 09:02 PM
    Build hype like for the Xoom or the HP tablet?

When will people understand not every company, or in fact no other company, can duplicate Apple's marketing effectiveness? Why do people expect other companies to succeed by building hype?
    08-09-11 09:04 PM
    wait RIM advertises? i thought the carriers did that.
    I've seen these ads many times now on TV.

RIM's first ad for the BlackBerry PlayBook hits the airwaves - Phone Arena
    08-09-11 09:05 PM
    Build hype like for the Xoom or the HP tablet?

When will people understand not every company, or in fact no other company, can duplicate Apple's marketing effectiveness? Why do people expect other companies to succeed by building hype?
    Yea, you are right, RIMM doesn't earn 20 Billion in Rev on their BB devices. That's a fallacy.

Apple really doesn't do all that much, IMO...It's just that everyone wants what they have - you know, like a fad.
    Sharma15 likes this.
    08-09-11 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD