Hey all, I'm new here.
    I'm having a major problem with my BlackBerry Bold 9900.
    On Saturday it started acting out: the data would only work on GPRS. I thought it was a temporary problem and as a matter of fact everything was working properly again after a few minutes.
    Sunday morning it all happened again, I was using my phone on 3G as usual and all of a sudden it stopped working, it wouldn't connect to anything saying "a communication failure has occurred...", so I had to force it to 2G only.
    Believing the SIM-Card was the problem, I got a new one with the same number on it... but it still didn't work.
    All of a sudden it stops working and starts working again after minutes or hours, of course everything under excellent coverage and the phone saying the BIS is connected when it actually is not.
    I keep calling my carrier assistance but they insist on saying everything is fine and they don't even know what to do. I put my SIM-Card on my old BlackBerry and the same problem occurred, of course it does not with other SIM-Cards. So what's wrong with my it? What can I do to fix it? I've tried so many things... buttery pulls, plane mode etc... I even wiped my phone completely and nothing changed.
    09-11-12 02:43 PM
    well as you stated that you tried your sim on your old bb and same thing happen then theres your answer is a carrier issue.. did you tell them that you tried the sim on another phone and same problem ocurred
    09-11-12 03:01 PM
    Yes, I did, and they told me they'd reset my BlackBerry Data Plan... and they did, but it's still not working.
    09-11-12 03:06 PM
    give it one more day to see what happens obviously it is a carrier issue if its happening on both phones.. have you tried using it in another area from where you live..
    09-11-12 03:17 PM
    I was out with a friend today quite far from where I live and it didn't work, I tried putting her SIM-CARD onto my phone and it worked, so obviously there's something wrong with my number, something related to it, but no one can seem to figure out what it is.
    09-11-12 03:27 PM
    have you tried setting your mobile network manually
    09-11-12 03:30 PM
    You have not stated which carrier you are on but you might try going to a company store and have them give you a replacement SIM card.
    09-11-12 03:33 PM
    I'm on vodafone IT, I live in Italy.
    Anyway they've already given me one with the same number yesterday...

have you tried setting your mobile network manually
    Just tried...doesn't work...i seriously dont know what to do anymore
    Last edited by andretmb; 09-11-12 at 04:40 PM.
    09-11-12 03:37 PM
    Hi,

I'm from France and I have the same problem.
    I'm connected to BIS only in 2G, when I put 3G it doesn't work, I have 3G but not the diamonds, so I can't have my mails/bbm/push.

It started Friday when I was in Toulouse and now I'm in Lyon (~600Kms) and I have the same problem.
    I don't know what to do.

I'm on Bouygue Telecom.
    My father has a blackberry from Bouygue too, and it is working for him..

I've also a friend, living in Nice who has the same problem, but I don't know her carrier.
    09-11-12 04:34 PM
    Nobody can help me/us ? Any idea or I don't know ?
    09-14-12 06:55 PM
    Hi,

I found this on internet.

I don't have the apps "LiveProfil" but I tried to delete Ch@ton (I don't know why I think about this one) and it seems to work now.
    After deleting & reboot, I also do "Mobile network options, blackberry button, Diagnostics test, Blackberry button, run" and I received a new email for registeration on Blackberry's server..

So, it seems to work, maybe it can help few people.

Greetings,

PS: Sorry for my english, I'm just a french guy
    09-18-12 06:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD