Right, well have been surfing YouTube recently and stumbled upon this...

So, given that HTC have brought out a Dakota-like phone, and will probably get it out before the Dakota, how do you think this will affect the Dakota's sales? Will you consider the ChaCha over the Dakota?

Personally, I'd take the Dakota, having used the Bold keypad, it feels like perfection.
    02-24-11 05:42 PM
    I'll be passing on the cha cha.
    02-24-11 05:55 PM
    Ug. Not a rival. Fugly didly oogly! yuk
    02-24-11 05:58 PM
    hahahahah.... a Facebook button really? like really? What if you're not a Facebook user, or like to use Twitter more? That has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever seen on a phone. Not a very good spot either, seems you'd hit it on accident quite a bit.

Not a bad looking phone though, just not for me...

And what about the Droid Pro? It's a touchscreen with a full keyboard, I'd much rather have that than this ChaCha. As least the keyboard is more like the Bold's.
    02-24-11 06:33 PM
    Seriously? i don't think this is going to hurt the sales of the Dakota. that's freakin ugly.
    02-24-11 06:36 PM
    I've seen this phone. It looks like garbage IMO. I'm sure it wouldn't be a terrible phone since HTC phones seem to be alright, but compared to going after Blackberry, I'd take the BB.
    02-24-11 06:38 PM
    That ugly-a$$ blue F button makes it a non-starter right off the bat. As I've said before, exactly what kind of a statement are you trying to make with a phone that has a dedicated Facebook button. I can see it being the rage of high school brats everywhere.

I agree with Rides ... if you want an Android with that form factor, the Droid Pro is already out there. And it doesn't look like something out of a PlaySkool catalog.
    02-24-11 07:29 PM
    That is seriously ugly! I will absolutely be buying the touch bold!
    02-24-11 08:50 PM
    I think this phone might actually HELP Dakota sales. My kids toy phones are nicer than this thing. Horrible keyboard and a facebook button?!? Motorola Droid Pro was a good attempt but this thing is not going to impact Dakota sales in a negative way.

HTC makes nice phones but this isn't one of them.
    02-24-11 09:15 PM
    Forget the next 10 months, the prize for the most stupid looking phone of the year can be awarded now.
    02-24-11 09:50 PM
    Even Mark Zuckerberg wouldn't be caught Dead with this phone.
    02-24-11 09:53 PM
    U G L Y ... You ain't got no alibi ....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-11 10:48 PM
    Given the specs and the fb-branding that thing is probably going to be aimed at the lower end of the market and would come up against the apollo instead so you would have the choice of a fb button or a better looking version of an already established brand.
    02-25-11 02:15 AM
    OMG. What a hideous phone. It looks like a calculator, IMO. Yeah, I don't think this will rival the Dakota at all. It might help BB sell more phones. And who cares about a Facebook button? Not that many people are on FB all the time. Most people I know are deleting theirs and are on Twitter or Tumblr more often, anyway.
    02-25-11 12:27 PM
    Something this cheap and toy-like HAS to be going to T-Mobile.

02-25-11 12:42 PM
    Its proven that Android is crap on crap hardware, enough said.
    02-25-11 03:29 PM
    Its proven that Android is crap on crap hardware, enough said.
    I think you forgot the dis-organized, crap on crap, software too...

02-25-11 03:48 PM
    Peek Plus, anyone? That's awful!
    02-25-11 04:00 PM
    I think you forgot the dis-organized, crap on crap, software too...

Ha said the man posting at wapforums, check out an Atrix you will maybe be surprised that the real web is available on powerful mobile devices. I did not forget BTW, I just don't really agree with you. Just because something is different it does not make it crap, but putting any OS on subpar hardware (part that relates to this thread) will make it crap.
    02-25-11 04:00 PM
    That is one UGLY phone

02-25-11 05:03 PM
    HA! bring it on
    02-26-11 01:02 AM
    hahahahah.... a Facebook button really? like really? What if you're not a Facebook user, or like to use Twitter more? That has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever seen on a phone. Not a very good spot either, seems you'd hit it on accident quite a bit.
    I was thinking the same thing. That Facebook button makes me want to gag.

Besides, it's not like the Bold can't do something similar: Set Facebook to your convenience key.
    02-26-11 01:17 PM
    I found this to be rather amusing: ChaCha sues HTC for Facebook phone trademark infringement -- Engadget

02-26-11 06:00 PM
    I found this to be rather amusing: ChaCha sues HTC for Facebook phone trademark infringement -- Engadget

I have fixed your link for you mate. Yours linked to a mobile site of it.
    02-26-11 08:36 PM
    I've seen some ugly phones before but my god. HTC usually makes sexy devices.

02-26-11 08:58 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD