Hey everyone!

I currently own a Torch and love it, and it's also my first BB. I haven't had the "Blackberry" experience before keyboardwise since I've been an iPhone user for a long time, so having an actual keyboard is awesome and that, combined with a large touchscreen is amazing.

Anyway, I still think this phone could use more screen resolution and HD video recording, so I'd definitely consider a Torch 2 towards the end of the year. Question though... Looking at the Dakota's and Torch 2's RAM specs, I see that apparently the Dakota has more of it for some reason.

Is this accurate? Shouldn't they have the same? Is there a reason for this? Shouldn't the Torch 2 have more in anycase?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-11 12:06 AM
    The only specs seen so far are leaks and the odds are that all the new os6.1 devices are going to have the same amount of RAM as they will all be running the same os, including more memory than is needed would reduce the overall battery life so they won't include more than they actually need.
    03-06-11 05:41 AM
    If you like the keyboard hold out for a Bold Touch.

03-06-11 11:18 AM
    if you think you can live with a smaller screen then the bold is probably a better choice.

The torch's keyboard is a bit too small for fast typing for me.
    03-06-11 04:53 PM
    I'd go with the dakota if it even comes out as shown in leaks. Torch isn't for me.
    03-10-11 06:08 PM
    I'm on the same boat as the OP. Currently have the Torch since August, I don't know if I'll miss the bigger screen if ever I get my hands on a Dakota.

03-10-11 06:14 PM
    seems to me the dakota is just a torch lacking the slide screen and with a better OS. had the first torch and had the replace the stupid thing 5 times. if anything i'll be sticking with dakota (unless storm 3 hits tmo).
    03-11-11 05:12 PM
    Say wait it out and go test one....then you should have an idea. No one really knows what is going to be the better phone as it isn't even out yet.

We can all speculate to the high heavens...

03-12-11 07:49 AM
    The only specs seen so far are leaks and the odds are that all the new os6.1 devices are going to have the same amount of RAM as they will all be running the same os, including more memory than is needed would reduce the overall battery life so they won't include more than they actually need.
    Has does having more memory effect battery life?????
    03-12-11 08:15 AM
    I currently have a torch and i never thought i would like the slider form this much. I still hold the 9000 as my favorite berry but i don't see how the dakota needs a touch screen.

Anyways, i think i'll give it a try when it comes out.
    03-15-11 09:40 AM
    I currently have a torch and i never thought i would like the slider form this much. I still hold the 9000 as my favorite berry but i don't see how the dakota needs a touch screen.

You really don't see why? Obvious answers are web browsing made simpler and the same for menu navigation in the OS.
    03-15-11 01:07 PM
    I too love my Torch, but my slider is starting to wobble, and I've still got six months to go before I can upgrade. Maybe I should stop playing air hockey with it and it might last until then ... but I digress. But this means I'm leaning even more heavily towards my next phone having no big moving parts, i.e., Dakota over T2 (and hopefully the PlayBook really will fit in a coat pocket).

9000 was my favorite phone ever before the Torch.

Just for grins, go back to that 9000 just once (if you still have it, that is) and see how long it takes before you're touching icons on the screen or trying to scroll with a swipe. You might surprise yourself. I did after just one week with the Torch, which tells me a touch screen on this form factor will definitely kick some a$$.
    03-15-11 10:21 PM
    Or you can do like me and get both!!! ;D LOL!
    03-15-11 11:42 PM
    I think I'll be going for a Bold Touch this time since I'm pretty much obsessed with its keyboard.
    03-16-11 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD