Hello RIM... are you there? Love this device. I'm sure once this and the new Curve is released you will once again be taking a chunk out of my governmental salary on getting these devices. But I have just one small request: If and when this device comes to fruition, please do NOT call this a Bold. If this is the new flagship Blackberry, no pun intended, and passed the flagship torch from the Original Bold 9000, please give this device a new, catchy name. With the Bold name being thrown around on a whole bunch of devices, please give this one a new one. Something that has more style and class....

Thank you for your time and consideration....

Terrence C.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by phoneking13; 01-14-11 at 12:18 AM.
    01-14-11 12:08 AM
    To be totally honest, I love the Bold Name. I think the Flagship status never went to the 9800.

jonathanbb likes this.
    01-14-11 12:25 AM
    Bold .....its what you kinda want from a blackberry now.

01-14-11 12:29 AM
    They just emailed me, they want to call it the SCrid� but need my permission.
    I gave them permission on condition that they make me a CDMA one.

01-14-11 01:38 AM
    I want it to be called a Bold!

01-14-11 02:05 AM
    I like the Bold name too, but since this will be considered the primo de facto flagship phone, it needs a name that will power and place fear in other phones....

01-14-11 03:24 AM
    Blackberry Ultimate, because it WILL be the ultimate Blackberry.

01-14-11 05:01 AM
    Blackberry Avenger, because it WILL Avenge the Blackberry product against those "other guys" who have gotten brave lately. lol

01-14-11 05:03 AM
    Blackberry "BadMoFo" because it WILL be one bad MoFo. :-)

01-14-11 05:05 AM
    It is going to be another Bold for the obvious reason that you don't throw away all the brand awareness you have already built up.
    01-14-11 05:44 AM
    Blackberry "BadMoFo" because it WILL be one bad MoFo. :-)

Its a baaaaad shut yo mouth!!! lmao
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    01-14-11 07:11 AM
    It should be called the Enterprise. Boldly touching where no Bold has been touched before. Model number BB-1701, of course.
    01-14-11 07:31 AM
    Hearing Bold we auto associate it with a flagship device, the current top of line. I see this as no different. Unlike the storm, curve and tour where the brands were plagued with faults and downgrades over generations, the bold remains the de facto device with brand power.

Stiick with bold. Be bold

01-14-11 07:54 AM
    Go Bold or go home!!
    01-14-11 08:29 AM
    I like the Bold name too, but since this will be considered the primo de facto flagship phone, it needs a name that will power and place fear in other phones....

They should call it the Blackberry Conan the Barbarian, since it will crush it's enemies, drive them out before it, and hear the lamentations of the women.

01-14-11 09:48 AM
    they can't name it bold because it is a completely new device and may very well have some faults and glitches to start out with. And there is a whole new dynamic to a bold phone with a touch screen, only time will tell but i just pray to god that either the dakota or torch 2 come to sprint
    01-14-11 09:56 AM
    ROFLMAO!!! De lamentation of de wihmen.....
    01-14-11 10:04 AM
    They could call it the dumbest phone in the world, just don't forget to call me when it is time to go get one!

Or they could call it......El Guapo!
    Last edited by chadecoen; 01-14-11 at 10:12 AM.
    01-14-11 10:07 AM
    OK so call it the gold. Here's how the conversation will go in the store:

Consumer - "I'd like to buy the new Blackberry Gold"

Salesperson - "A Bold, sure, let me go get one for you"

C - "No, I said 'Gold', not bold"

S - "Got it. Let me check stock for you....umm, they don't make the bold in gold, do you want Black, White or what?"

C - "No, moron, I said Gold! G-O-L-D - gold!"

S - "Sir, I just told you they don't make a gold blackberry. you have to choose from a color in stock."

C - "Are you a complete moron? I said Blackberry Gold, as in Gold, with a G."

S - "OK, look, I get that you're frustrated, but like I said, they don't come in gold. Please stop asking for that color."

C - "Is this your first day on Earth?"

S - "No, I'm 22 and I know my job, unlike you.....I went to training."

C - "Good grief......I crap things smarter than you, son."

S - "Sir, it's not necessary to be so mean, I get enough of that online from my internet girlfriend."

C - "Look.....see THIS device (holds in hand)? THIS is the phone I want."

S - "Oh, you want the newest Blackberry....the new Bold.....why didn't you just say so? you Blackberry users sure are difficult. I like the iPhone customers. they don't need to think."
    01-14-11 10:13 AM
    I agree that Bold will be great. Just felt that Bold name sounds very...special and unique
    01-14-11 10:17 AM
    Salesperson: I have put many beautiful BlackBerrys in the storeroom, each of them filled with little suprises.
    Buyer: Many BlackBerrys?
    Salesperson: Oh yes, many!
    Buyer: Would you say you have a plethora of BlackBerrys?
    Salesperson: A what?
    Buyer: A *plethora*.
    Salesperson: Oh yes, I have a plethora.
    Buyer: Salesperson, what is a plethora?
    Salesperson: Why, buyer?
    Buyer: Well, you told me you have a plethora. And I just would like to know if you know what a plethora is. I would not like to think that a person would tell someone he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has *no idea* what it means to have a plethora.
    Salesperson: Forgive me, buyer. I know that I, salesperson, do not have your superior intellect and education. But could it be that once again, you are angry at something else, and are looking to take it out on me?

Sorry, just saw that movie again on some off channel, still funny.
    01-14-11 10:20 AM
    OK so call it the gold. Here's how the conversation will go in the store:

Consumer - "I'd like to buy the new Blackberry Gold"

Salesperson - "A Bold, sure, let me go get one for you"

C - "No, I said 'Gold', not bold"

S - "Got it. Let me check stock for you....umm, they don't make the bold in gold, do you want Black, White or what?"

C - "No, moron, I said Gold! G-O-L-D - gold!"

S - "Sir, I just told you they don't make a gold blackberry. you have to choose from a color in stock."

C - "Are you a complete moron? I said Blackberry Gold, as in Gold, with a G."

S - "OK, look, I get that you're frustrated, but like I said, they don't come in gold. Please stop asking for that color."

C - "Is this your first day on Earth?"

S - "No, I'm 22 and I know my job, unlike you.....I went to training."

C - "Good grief......I crap things smarter than you, son."

S - "Sir, it's not necessary to be so mean, I get enough of that online from my internet girlfriend."

C - "Look.....see THIS device (holds in hand)? THIS is the phone I want."

S - "Oh, you want the newest Blackberry....the new Bold.....why didn't you just say so? you Blackberry users sure are difficult. I like the iPhone customers. they don't need to think."
    Lmao that's awesome!!! That just made my day.

01-14-11 03:17 PM
    I think they should call it the PK!
    01-14-11 03:20 PM
    I think they should call it the "flagship" problem solved, lol! Can't wait for this phone!

01-14-11 07:37 PM
    I'm game. It should be called the Blackberry Pimp.... Because this phone will be pimpin'!

01-14-11 07:38 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD