Originally, I was 100% waiting for the Monaco only... I had only used touch screen BBs and I wanted a touch screen....

BUT, my Storm2 was the worst phone because of surepress glitches and low memory... so I decided to get a Bold 9650 to hold me over until the Monaco, and after having the Bold a week, running OS6, I really don't know whether to want the Bold Touch or the Monaco now! (or even the Torch2 if it comes to VZW).

I guess I"m just going to have to use both phones and see which appeals more to me, but I'm loving the Bold 9650 like crazy and the Bold Touch seems like its going to be an amazing phone, especially with the larger screen!
    Do you miss the larger screen of the STORM for browsing? How do you compare web browsing on STORM vs bold? I love the trusty bold..wanted to get a bigger screen for web browsing etc
    04-01-11 11:41 PM
    Looking forward to seeing the Montana on VZW.Verizon has really fallen behind with it's BB lineup.Hopefully 2011 will be a comeback year.
    04-02-11 01:02 AM
    Looking forward to seeing the Montana on VZW.Verizon has really fallen behind with it's BB lineup.Hopefully 2011 will be a comeback year.
    I wouldn't count on it. It will be interesting to see how much advertising vzw puts out for the montana and monaco launches. I doubt there will be much, unless RIM decides to pay for the airtime.
    04-04-11 04:40 PM
    Do you miss the larger screen of the STORM for browsing? How do you compare web browsing on STORM vs bold? I love the trusty bold..wanted to get a bigger screen for web browsing etc
    In my experience, going from the storm to the storm2, the habit of using my Blackberry for browsing went away. I used it quite a bit on my first smartphone the 8830, but the Storm series was dissapointing to me, even being better than the 8830 it had so many issues. The 9650 is obviously better yet I have still not opened up my interest in searching the web with it. I will move up to the Bold Touch and hope it is even better, but I'll have my playbook by then so still Blackberry phone browsing will be even less.
    04-04-11 05:51 PM
    I am in! I will be all over it.
    04-08-11 01:07 PM
    Trying to wait patiently.....
    04-09-11 04:58 PM
    I'm hopelessly torn between the Monaco and the Bold Touch. As problems go, that's about the best one you can have!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-11 06:44 PM
    If this does not come to Tmo, I WILL buy the ATT version and use Edge. This is what stopped me from getting a Torch, but this is TOO COOL!
    04-09-11 06:57 PM
    If this does not come to Tmo, I WILL buy the ATT version and use Edge. This is what stopped me from getting a Torch, but this is TOO COOL!
    As much as I would kill to get this darn phone, this is one thing I will not do. I did it for the 9000 and JESUS AT&T blew. 20+ dropped calls per day (NYC Metro area for those who care). No thanks. So, if the phone doesn't make it to Verizon, I'll join ranks with the androidians....god help me and god help elmorro on his ATT edge Montana! But I somehow think this phone will be on all carriers

04-09-11 10:07 PM
    This was posted on YouTube today, not sure whether you guys have seen it yet.

04-10-11 05:53 AM

yup, already news+thread about it ^_^
    04-10-11 05:56 AM
    I'm in the queue for one also love my 9700 I think the bold touch will be amazing

04-10-11 09:08 AM
    yea, but i said it 1000times, whyyyyyy nooo flash support
    guess we'll have to wait for QNX phones to finally get flash support.. : (

well, w/e... 1 more year without flash
    04-10-11 09:14 AM

Nice video! It is aliveeeeeeeeeee

04-10-11 01:26 PM
    What exactly is taking this long to release this device? You'd think RIM was testing it only 30 minutes a day by 5-10 people. Now before everyone goes on about how they rushed the Storm out and it was awful, they have had a long time to put all the pieces together to get this right. Touchscreen - Torch. Form factor - 9000. Trackpad - 9700. They are adding hotspot, NFC, fixing the 6.0 OS, and sprinkling in some other nifty features. BUT as Jimmy on South Park would say... Come on. (See Crips and Bloods episode)

Motorola spits out a new device monthly. HTC cranks out Androids like they were tic tacs. I don't even know what that means but it sounds frequent! Apple does it yearly, but at least they tend to be near the bleeding edge when they release. At this rate the Bold Touch will be end of life a few months after release. Is RIM trying to perfect something here? No device has ever been perfect and software updates are common place nowadays. Did something go terribly wrong at the manufacturing plant and they misspelled 'Bold'? I will carry a BlackBerry BLOD Touch right now if that is the problem. Did they run out of fake cows to make fake leather battery covers??? I know, it's not the fake leather cover, but the joke doesn't work with carbon fiber junk. Anyway... I am a huge BlackBerry fan and will always be as long as they keep making them, but let's get this show on the road. My Tour is at the end of its Tour. Come on!

Last edited by Shake; 04-11-11 at 03:57 AM.
    04-11-11 02:52 AM
    guys guys... im so dumb. So i wasted my upgrade on an iphone. Dont get me wrong its a fantastic phone, its just after my 9000... its gonna be hard to shake the feeling i got when i used it. Best phone ever. Im actually a lil bummed that its a touchscreen, but trust me- its ok lol. i just hope the speakers are great again, the LED is great again, and that the battery is decent. Getting this iphone was a bad choice... dont let your girlfriend give you phone advice lol. This wasnt a troll post btw
    04-22-11 12:03 AM
    Ill be in the back of the line trying to anxiously pick between the bold touch or monaco, idk?

04-22-11 12:41 AM
    I have been waiting for this for years since the 9000. Of course I am getting this.
    04-22-11 01:15 AM
    I already have my plan: I'm going to sell my Torch on eBay and hope to get enough money from the buyer to make a big dent in a no-contract price of a 9900. I like the Torch okay, but my big hands miss my 9000's keyboard. I know, though, that if I ditched my Torch for just another BB, I'd really miss the touchscreen. Bring on the 9900! I'm glad RIM is finally putting the name Bold on another phone that is worthy of it.

04-22-11 08:39 AM
    Motorola spits out a new device monthly. HTC cranks out Androids like they were tic tacs. I don't even know what that means but it sounds frequent!.... Did something go terribly wrong at the manufacturing plant and they misspelled 'Bold'? I will carry a BlackBerry BLOD Touch right now if that is the problem. Did they run out of fake cows to make fake leather battery covers??? I know, it's not the fake leather cover, but the joke doesn't work with carbon fiber junk.

LMAO. Funniest post Ive read in a while!!!
    04-22-11 11:09 AM
    jhunt2,

I'm looking at a similar move with my iPhone. I'm really hoping to hear a release date next week! This phone looks solid and actually offers a few tools that the iPhone doesn't. Go figure!
    04-26-11 04:12 PM
    I am buying this the SECOND it is available. I cannot wait!
    04-26-11 04:24 PM
    I do not need a new phone.....I do not need a new phone....I do not need a new phone....

....who am I kidding? I will be calling in sick to go and get one on release day (again! I called in sick to go and get my PB. RIM is gonna get me fired!)
    04-26-11 10:42 PM
    they misspelled 'Bold'?
    No, BlackBerry "HOLD"!
    04-26-11 11:13 PM
    No, BlackBerry "HOLD"!
    Blackberry "GOLD"
    04-27-11 09:58 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD