Being a BB fan on VZW is killing me. I need a new phone, my Tour is limping along and I think it will need a walker by next week.

I don't want to switch to an Android, but if my phone dies, I am not sure what I will do. Either activate my old Motorola Q or use the upgrade. If I do the upgrade there is no way I will use it on the Bold or another Tour. That is even crazy for me.

Come on VZW and RIM redeem my hope in you! Release this BB before my Tour kills it self.
    04-27-11 10:46 AM
    What exactly is taking this long to release this device? You'd think RIM was testing it only 30 minutes a day by 5-10 people. Now before everyone goes on about how they rushed the Storm out and it was awful, they have had a long time to put all the pieces together to get this right. Touchscreen - Torch. Form factor - 9000. Trackpad - 9700. They are adding hotspot, NFC, fixing the 6.0 OS, and sprinkling in some other nifty features. BUT as Jimmy on South Park would say... Come on. (See Crips and Bloods episode)

Motorola spits out a new device monthly. HTC cranks out Androids like they were tic tacs. I don't even know what that means but it sounds frequent! Apple does it yearly, but at least they tend to be near the bleeding edge when they release. At this rate the Bold Touch will be end of life a few months after release. Is RIM trying to perfect something here? No device has ever been perfect and software updates are common place nowadays. Did something go terribly wrong at the manufacturing plant and they misspelled 'Bold'? I will carry a BlackBerry BLOD Touch right now if that is the problem. Did they run out of fake cows to make fake leather battery covers??? I know, it's not the fake leather cover, but the joke doesn't work with carbon fiber junk. Anyway... I am a huge BlackBerry fan and will always be as long as they keep making them, but let's get this show on the road. My Tour is at the end of its Tour. Come on!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If they were done with it, they would have released it, so they are not done. Obviously this has to do with the amount of resources they poured into the Playbook...which isn't even finished yet.

To me, Rim is like Nintendo.

Nintendo makes a lot of moves people question, but its due to them being solely a video game company. They don't have the resources of Sony they don't have the capita of MS. They can't afford to make a system and basically use it to gather an install base even though it loses millions of dollars.

Unlike Sony they are not able to make a console 600 dollars and take huge loses on profit until the technology becomes affordable.

So they release the 3DS, they wait, throw out a few Wii titles and then they will release their new system, the Nintendo Yuu next year.

Rim is just a phone company, their resources are tied into the playbook and they have been basically ignoring their older phones as of late. They created the Style and Torch and after that, its basically been update here update there, while they are waiting to release a whole new slew of devices that should be amazing.
    04-27-11 11:12 AM
    Being a BB fan on VZW is killing me. I need a new phone, my Tour is limping along and I think it will need a walker by next week.

I don't want to switch to an Android, but if my phone dies, I am not sure what I will do. Either activate my old Motorola Q or use the upgrade. If I do the upgrade there is no way I will use it on the Bold or another Tour. That is even crazy for me.

Come on VZW and RIM redeem my hope in you! Release this BB before my Tour kills it self.
    Haha my girlfriend is having the exact same problem with her Tour. She wanted to use her upgrade on a Bold a couple weeks ago, but I keep telling her to hold out at least for the Bold Touch (which I hope is on VZW by the end of May). I'm going to be getting that phone myself, I've had nothing but touch screens for about 3 years I think, and ready to switch back to something a little more reliable with a physical keyboard.
    04-27-11 11:20 AM
    ....which I hope is on VZW by the end of May....
    I'm hoping for this too. I'm waiting for that phone to come out to go ahead and jump to VZW.
    04-27-11 11:30 AM
    I'm hoping for this too. I'm waiting for that phone to come out to go ahead and jump to VZW.
    The VZW roadmap I saw has it slated for July/August release. The VZW Enterprise Data Solutions Manager (basically the technical rep for VZW where I work) showed us this a month ago. Our Sprint rep was showing the same time frame. So unless something changes dramatically in the next month, I think we'll all be waiting anxiously together. Unfortunately, GSM carriers will get it first, as usual.

04-27-11 10:53 PM
    Hello, my name is Dubious 1, and I'm an iPhone user.

"Hi, Dubious1!"

I haven't posted on here since August 2010 because of my love for my iPhone 4. I thought that when I got rid of my 9700 (and my 9000 before that) behind and getting on the Apple bandwagon I'd never look back. Heck, I even stopped coming to CB because nothing BB interested me. I even played around w/ the Torch at the AT&T store while waiting in line to get a new SIM card for the iPhone, but the love for BB had already left my body.

Until recently.

One of my all-time favorite phones has to be the 9000. It had everything I wanted at the time: expandable memory, great speakers, BBM, easy OWA email access, and one helluva keyboard. Since learning about the Bold Touch, I've been getting the urge to get back on the BB wagon. I mean, I already have a Macbook Pro and an iPad 2, one less iOS product won't kill me (I hope).

Could the Bold Touch be the phone to bring me back to BB? Only time will tell...

(On a serious note, another reason for not going back to BB was the lack of BBSAK or anything to allow me to load leaked OS' from a Mac. It's kinda late and I'm tired, so I'm not going to search now, but if anyone can answer this let me know.)

Thanks!
    04-28-11 12:34 AM
    The VZW roadmap I saw has it slated for July/August release. The VZW Enterprise Data Solutions Manager (basically the technical rep for VZW where I work) showed us this a month ago. Our Sprint rep was showing the same time frame. So unless something changes dramatically in the next month, I think we'll all be waiting anxiously together. Unfortunately, GSM carriers will get it first, as usual.

Yeah I was planning on waiting to see if any miracles were in the works for BBW, and then if it still looks like it'll be a while, I'm just going to snatch up a used 9650 off CL or whatever and use that until the Bold Touch is out.

I can't wait to drop AT&T.
    04-28-11 09:53 AM

I might just leave VZW over this if this is true. I almost left 2 years ago because of their phone line up then and now they are showing me the same BBs... Oh and I will be losing my NE2 and they continue to blow up my inbox with offers for iPhones and Androids.

I understand that RIM put a ton of effort towards the Play Book, but I don't understand it. I just hope that all these promises of "Devices that will blow you away" are half true. Because I know I will pay for a phone that is behind the times when it is released because it is a BB. But if my Tour dies, probably will jump ship.

Come on RIM lets make some phones here and quit the tablet gig. Your fan base is suffering (I know VZW plays a part in my suffering too).

Cheers to my Tour holding out to June/July... I hope!
    04-28-11 09:56 AM
    I've been very happy with my Verizon Storm 9550, but I'm looking forward to VZW offering new BlackBerry phones. Not sure if I want to go with a Monaco or Montana.
    04-28-11 03:04 PM
    I am currently with ATT but will jump to VZW in a New York minute if they have it first! Whoever has it first between the 2 I am there! The day it's released, I am at which ever counter!
    04-29-11 12:15 AM
    I am currently using the droid x and honestly, i am not completely happy after changing to this phone. I've had it since the day it came out, but I still prefer a physical keyboard. When I used to have the tour, i always wondered if RIM will come with a touch screen tour and now it is here. I am definitely going back to bb with this phone. Thank you RIM.
    zeteo likes this.
    04-29-11 12:39 AM
    I am currently using the droid x and honestly, i am not completely happy after changing to this phone. I've had it since the day it came out, but I still prefer a physical keyboard. When I used to have the tour, i always wondered if RIM will come with a touch screen tour and now it is here. I am definitely going back to bb with this phone. Thank you RIM.

that phone is so HUGE! and doesn't it have those cheesy buttons on the bottom? definately go back to bb!
    04-30-11 09:55 PM
    Thats good, but just some FYI, its based off the Bold 9000, not the Tour. If you think the phone is small like the Tour, it's not. Just letting you know, as some like the smaller phone like the tour/9700/9780. But if you are like me, you would prefer the 9000's size. Oh man I really can't wait for this phone.
    04-30-11 10:26 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD