I know there are a lot of threads about "battery pull", but just want to know if it can also harm the 9900 if you would do it daily?
    05-03-12 06:26 AM
    Why would you need to do it on a daily basis? If there is something up with your phone that requires a daily battery pull for it to operate properly, then perhaps you should send it for servicing, as there's definitely something wrong with your phone. I haven't needed to do a battery pull in weeks.

JB
    05-03-12 06:50 AM
    I also haven't had to do any battery pulls on this phone at all. The only time my Bold has had to reboot is whenever I install/uninstall a program. Other than those instances I have not had a need to do a battery pull as I have with other BlackBerrys.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-03-12 06:58 AM
    @the OP. I do it daily...nothing wrong with it at all and will NOT harm the phone/OS.
    05-03-12 07:03 AM
    The only risk I can imagine is a slim chance of extra wear on the back cover fitting. OTOH I don't see routine battery pull as beneficial unless there is an underlying problem to need the reboot.
    05-03-12 07:05 AM
    I swap out spare batteries every day and my cover is ok. I think the daily battery pull keeps my bold running smooth. On a busy day I will swap out several times depending on the emails and phone calls.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-03-12 07:19 AM
    I think it's something psychological to do a battery pull often. Just wanted to know if it gives you any benefit when you do it daily.. For example they also say that battery pull is good for the OS to settle in and I heard that a battery pull before charging would be good, bla bla bla.
    05-03-12 07:33 AM
    I use QuickPull and I do it everyday
    05-03-12 09:13 AM
    For example they also say that battery pull is good for the OS to settle in and I heard that a battery pull before charging would be good, bla bla bla.
    Don't listen to those fools
    05-03-12 09:21 AM
    Don't listen to those fools
    lol. But as a 'Crackberry Wiseguy' what do you recommend when it comes to battery pull? Only when necessary or every day/week?
    05-03-12 09:59 AM
    This question has been asked several times here now. You do not need battery pulls all the time with the new OS. But the OS is still based on old Java system so while the new units don't need battery pulls, a soft reboot may help once in a while to recover memory due to expansion of the OS during operation.

I just do it once a day just because I have an app that automatically do a soft reboot. But you don't need it.... To answer your question if it is bad for the phone... well, it is bad for the battery because AFAIK during reboots, more power (higher amps) pulled out of the battery compared to when the phone is on. This could potentially degenerate the battery at a faster rate. But then again, Bold 99xx have removable batteries and they are cheap to replace.
    05-03-12 10:33 AM
    If it harmed the BlackBerry 9900/9930 there would be a great deal more unhappy customers out there. Too many of us had or have to change batteries at least once a day just to continue using the phone for a full work day. In addition, sometimes they just reboot on their own. It happens.
    05-03-12 12:24 PM
    Necessary? No. Will it harm the device? Doubt it, since we have access to the hardware.

I do battery pull every couple days out of habit or when I am having an issue.
    05-03-12 12:52 PM
    Set your phone to turn off at 3am, then turn on at 4am daily. Thats how I "reset" my Bold while I dream.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-03-12 01:25 PM
    Set your phone to turn off at 3am, then turn on at 4am daily. Thats how I "reset" my Bold while I dream.
    That's not a reset... it's just powering it off and back on again.
    05-03-12 01:36 PM
    I havent pulled my battery out in about 5 months.

just do a alt+shift+delete if you think you need a reset? i do it once a month maybe.
    05-03-12 01:37 PM
    Just a reminder, you can restart the phone without having to pull out the battery (great especially if you're using that damn Otterbox Commuter case that's impossible to put back on) by pressing alt+shift+del.
    05-03-12 02:07 PM
    I also haven't had to do any battery pulls on this phone at all. The only time my Bold has had to reboot is whenever I install/uninstall a program. Other than those instances I have not had a need to do a battery pull as I have with other BlackBerrys.

I haven't had to do battery pulls either but lately my phone is freezing and I'm having to do a battery pull on average 1x per day. I've been deleting apps to see what's causing it - no answer yet.
    05-03-12 03:38 PM
    Nope... nothing wrong with it. Battery-pull away! Try the "quickpull" app which simulates a battery pull.

05-03-12 04:05 PM
    I have to battery pull my 9900 because it has a memory leak. After about a week it goes down to 100mb or so. I have similar problem on my playbook, so I'm kind of pissed. My 9900 is only a week or two old. Here are the apps on the phone; if any pop out as having known problems could someone tell me?

Apps:
    -Shazam
    -Podtrapper
    -Flashlight (2-in-1)
    -BeReader
    -Poynt
    -Cineplex
    -Screen Muncher
    -Blackberry Bridge
    -The usual included apps like Social Feeds, Podcasts, Slacker, Wikitude, etc.

Games:
    -Angry Pigs
    -Angry Pigs Seasons
    -Fruits & Ninja
    -Final Fantasy
    -Pinball Deluxe
    -Solitaire
    -Flight Control

Thanks in advance for the help.
    05-03-12 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD