Does anybody have this case? I'm looking at the one that just goes around the phone and does not cover the back. Can't seem to find any decent reviews.

Thanks
    02-17-12 06:52 PM
    I have that case. It actually has an acrylic back to it so it looks like it doesn't have a back. The acrylic back scratches super easy and doesn't look good at all. It also adds bulk to the phone which I didn't like.
    02-17-12 07:48 PM
    a friend of mine has it, and i gotta say it wasn't my taste at all.
    02-17-12 07:49 PM
    Thanks for the insight folks!
    02-17-12 11:37 PM
    Well, just an update. I got the D30 case from Tmobile off Ebay for $7. No wonder it was so cheap, the buttons are rendered pretty much useless when this case is on. Mind you this is not the band case but the one which covers the back as well.

Does anybody know if the OEM RIM softshell case works better for button functionality?
    02-22-12 04:34 PM
    Well, just an update. I got the D30 case from Tmobile off Ebay for $7. No wonder it was so cheap, the buttons are rendered pretty much useless when this case is on. Mind you this is not the band case but the one which covers the back as well.

Does anybody know if the OEM RIM softshell case works better for button functionality?
    Get the Otterbox Commuter case. It fits perfect, button/port access is perfect and its an easy install.
    02-22-12 05:22 PM
    go with the otterbox defender
    02-22-12 05:32 PM
    ^Otterbox will DEFINITELY bulk up the phone. If the OP is looking for a ring style case that is low profile, isn't he or she better off with the Bold Ring from Ion (I just got myself one and did a little review... fits perfectly, all buttons are accessible, super low profile, and good looking.) Ion ring doesn't cover the back though... but if you wanted a low profile case that DID cover the back, I would just get the OEM Blackberry hardshell case.
    02-22-12 06:24 PM
    Ya I want low profile for sure. Where is this review you are talking about? The Otterbox cases do look bulky.
    02-22-12 07:13 PM
    02-22-12 07:14 PM
    This might help you out. This guy even do a drop test!

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yxVjWjWyS8[/YT]
    02-22-12 07:33 PM
    if your looking for something sleek and low profile but does cover the whole back I recommend you check out the CaseMate Barely There Brushed Aluminum case or the iSkin Aura case. I have both and absolutely love them.
    02-22-12 09:00 PM
    I had the barely there brushed aluminum from CaseMate and liked it, but I felt it was bulkier than the OEM BB hardshell.

Definitely a nice look though with the brushed aluminum back.

There is also an incipio barely there case which is nice. Lower profile than the casemate, but it didn't fit perfectly on my 9930 and broke after ware and tear (the small piece that outlined the volume keys cracked ... Minor issue, but annoying).
    02-22-12 09:50 PM

I bought this case (D30 with full back cover) at T-Mobile at full retail $25. I'm AT&T and when I picked up my phone all AT&T had was a leather holster and an Otter (commuter I think).

I agree with you..... the buttons are hard to deal with due to the ridgid D30 case. I just wanted something on the new 9900 until I found something else I liked.

It does protect the phone well with very little bulk.......but....... I wanted something more like a slicone skin or something. The D30 is slick.... nice (better) for taking in/out of paints or jacket pockets etc........ but...... it's slick. I like to set phone on dash/console etc sometmes and the silicone type case will stay put. The D30 slides right off of about anything.

Just my thoughts.
    02-23-12 12:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD