Hi everyone I am new here, I just migrated from an older HTC to a Curve 9330 so I am a bit lost and need some help with getting things set up.

I have linked my AOL email account to the phone, but what irritates me is that when I delete an email from AOL when using a computer it does not acknowledge that on the BB and I have to manually delete all the emails since they are not even marked as read if I open them on a PC. The HTC used to update itself every 2-3min and sync with my AOL account...how do I do this on my 9330 please? Maybe instead of syncing AOL with my BB mail download an AOL app?
    Last edited by PinkFloydEffect; 04-20-13 at 06:42 PM.
    04-20-13 06:25 PM
    Since nobody seems to be able to help with the AOL problem...how about I throw a few more by you?

The tray has 5 groups; All - Favorites - Media - Downloads - Frequent. I only want/use the ALL so I cleared all the others except frequent which automatically refills itself. Is there a way to remove all these other 4 groups?? Possibly an aftermarket menu?

Also to lock the screen you have to be on the tray menu so lets say you are in text messaging you have to exit out to be able to lock it however you can unlock it in any screen with the mute button...my HTC used to have a button at the top that would shut the screen off (not lock) so I would really like to be able to set that mute/media button up to lock the phone or at least turn the screen off (I never used to wait for the backlight). Aftermarket button routing app or something?

I really like how the BB has a main search feature that searches the entire phone when you start typing!
    04-21-13 01:30 PM
    Since nobody seems to be able to help with the AOL problem...how about I throw a few more by you?

The tray has 5 groups; All - Favorites - Media - Downloads - Frequent. I only want/use the ALL so I cleared all the others except frequent which automatically refills itself. Is there a way to remove all these other 4 groups?? Possibly an aftermarket menu?

Also to lock the screen you have to be on the tray menu so lets say you are in text messaging you have to exit out to be able to lock it however you can unlock it in any screen with the mute button...my HTC used to have a button at the top that would shut the screen off (not lock) so I would really like to be able to set that mute/media button up to lock the phone or at least turn the screen off (I never used to wait for the backlight). Aftermarket button routing app or something?

I really like how the BB has a main search feature that searches the entire phone when you start typing!
    Ok os on the tray issue, only in os7 can you select which trays will be shown so to answer that one, no you cannot remove them from your device.

To lock it I believe that you only can use the A key, correct? I think the curve series you have to go back home to lock it, unless you search BlackBerry world and find something around it. I don't think you can do it though I belive it is a hardware limitation on the curve series.

As for the aol issue when I get back home ill fire up my 9900 to check out what my aol email settings were set up as and report back.

Posted via CB10 - FINALLY
    04-21-13 02:25 PM
    Also, welcome to crackberry!

04-21-13 02:25 PM
    Well that was not the answers I was expecting lol can OS7 run on my 9930?

The A key does nothing, I tried A, alt+A, shift+A, does not lock the phone.

If you can figure out the AOL problem that would be awesome. Its still frustrating having to go back to ALL when I end up in the jumpled up "frequent" group, if groups can not be removed can the frequent group be prevented from storing things automatically?
    04-21-13 05:00 PM
    i just use the All panel. You can remove the others by going to menu buton -manage panel click and unclick all panels you do not want to see
    04-21-13 05:29 PM
    There is no manage option under the BB menu key, only switch app, open tray, show all and options. Manage is not under options either
    04-21-13 05:39 PM
    that is strange mine has manage panels right above options
    04-22-13 01:47 PM
    9330? What OS?
    04-22-13 01:53 PM
    Hey there. I can't get my 9900 booted up for some reason (I've had the Z10 for a while now) but I know for a fact the 9330 can't run os7. And hence you do not have the option to customize the panels.

04-23-13 03:51 PM
    What a crap-shoot this must be their low low end model?
    04-23-13 08:38 PM
    9330 cant run OS7? i am certain it comes with OS7.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    04-24-13 02:42 AM
    about the mail deletion thing, i am not sure, i use gmail

and if you want to pass lock the phone then:
    go to your home screen
    then select the all tab or anyother then minimize the tray
    let the cursor stay there
    then press alt+enter to lock

04-24-13 02:45 AM
    Alt+Enter changed my input language? lol

If you have to go home to the tray what is the point of a shortcut, might as well use the tile button...I found a way to set a side key to lock, and the top mute unlocks.

Info says 6.0 Bundle 3049 is that the OS?
    04-24-13 07:54 AM
    you're running os6. it cant run os7 only the devices that launched with os7 can run it. and yeah curve models are kinda the lower end phones of the bunch. still good devices though. and good work on the locking. im still trying to revive one of my 9900's. ill try my 9800 since that runs os6.
    04-24-13 06:37 PM
    also before we are sure it is the settings, try and resend service books and re-register the bb on the network

also if a mod could move this to the 9330 forum please do!

this was posted in the 9900/9930 forum.
    04-24-13 06:38 PM
    You think my email problem could have something to do with re-flushing the network? I am very happy with the new locking configuration now

Actually this was posted somewhere else and a mod must have moved it here haha but I know I did not post it in 9330/9900

That is odd I thought it worked like computers where older hardware can run newer OS's it's just the OS was not available at the time of the hardware launch unless the gap was too wide.
    04-24-13 08:18 PM
    How do I resend service books and re-register the bb on the network?

Also how do you add things in the search to the home group tab? I'm trying to add "music" but no search results seem to be pinable??
    04-27-13 08:38 PM
    to resend service books, go to the e-mail setup, use the menu key you will see the service books option click on that

and the alt+enter shortcut works on the homescreen and i only have one language installed on the phone as i shrunk the os

04-28-13 06:39 AM
    Yeah the Alt+Enter was not what I was talking about it's the lock key AKA "A" which does not work.

I kinda found some email options but nothing that says service books...
    04-28-13 01:05 PM
    did you go to email options?

like the screens i have posted?

go to e-mail setup application
    there very much is a option that says service books

Attached Thumbnails Customizing My 9330?-tapaupload0.jpg   Customizing My 9330?-tapaupload1.jpg   Customizing My 9330?-tapaupload2.jpg  
    04-28-13 10:30 PM
    I found it, did not help. When I delete it from my computer the message notification stays under the clock on my phone but when I click it says you currently have no new notifications. Email is still in the inbox on my phone that I removed using a PC web browser I even set the settings to mobile email wins and remove from phone and inbox. Reconcile does not help either
    04-28-13 11:53 PM
    this is the last thing I want to suggest:
    wipe the phone with bbsak or something
    then flash the latest OS

keep in mind that i m not sure this will help you. just a suggestion.

are you sure you clicked send service books? most e-mail probs are related to it

my phone wasnt syncing contacts with gmail. resending the service books did the trick

04-29-13 02:31 AM
    Yeah it sent me an email saying the books were sent and I would start receiving email within 20min. I have insurance on it I would not bother wiping it
    04-29-13 06:54 PM
    Screw it I complained to the point they are giving me a new model for free they are sending me a Curve 9350 and I believe those run OS7! I hope my BB experience is a lot better!
    08-02-13 06:45 PM
28 12