I'm new to BB but learning quick. I want to sync my phone wirelessly (no USB) and have installed an FTP server app on my BB. Works great, and I can remotely browse to the root of the device.

I found a music folder here:
    /store/home/user/music

but I want to place music files on my big SD card (32GB). Lets say I made a folder:
    /SDCard/mymusic

How do I tell the (built in) music player app to search for my mp3 songs in this folder (and automatically find changes to that folder)? Is that possible, or music music stay in the onboard memory? etc..

Thanks
    12-22-11 10:57 PM
    And a similar question...I have created a folder /SDCard/alerts where I have placed my own alert sounds. How do I make the BB look there to offer me those mp3 files as alerts?
    12-22-11 11:40 PM
    For the sound alerts: go to Profiles, Set Ring Tones/Alerts, and when you select the notification to change (Ex. SMS Text), go change the "Ring Tone" and click "Select Music..." Then the dialog will appear and you can find the alert through the folders on the onboard device memory or SD memory card.
    12-24-11 04:08 PM
    Not quite what I was asking....how does MUSIC PLAYER know to look in other folders?
    12-24-11 08:31 PM
    I believe it doesn't matter where you put it since the music player will scan both internal and SD card for music.
    01-21-12 11:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD