1. If I move my cursor up or down a page too quickly it randomly will select a link on the web page.

2. The cursor sometimes 'stalls' when trying to move up a web page so that the actual page won't go up.

The trackpad is working perfectly reading documents, emails etc or moving around in any application. I've tried playing with the trackpad sensitivities and it hasn't helped. I've tried several OS so I'm wondering if this is a trackpad issue that only presents itself in the browser.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by mhw100; 08-18-11 at 01:23 AM.
    bobj66 likes this.
    08-18-11 01:19 AM
    1. If I move my cursor up or down a page too quickly it randomly will select a link on the web page.

2. The cursor sometimes 'stalls' when trying to move up a web page so that the actual page won't go up.

The trackpad is working perfectly reading documents, emails etc or moving around in any application. I've tried playing with the trackpad sensitivities and it hasn't helped. I've tried several OS so I'm wondering if this is a trackpad issue that only presents itself in the browser.

Any help would be appreciated.
    What OS are you running.....I had the same exact issues w/ mine and now resolved those issues

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 01:58 AM
    I'm currently running 317 but pretty sure it was on 296. What are you running.

08-18-11 11:43 AM
    I went from whatever was sticl which I think it was .254 or somthing like that and that's when I was having those issues. Once I upraded 2 .340 yesterday all those weird trackpad/cursor issues went away. I would recommend installing the leaked .340 and I would assume it would fix those issues as they have fixed mine. Please let me know if this worked 4 u? Thanks

08-18-11 11:45 AM
    Its comforting to know that it is software related given you had the exact same 2 problems. I'll downgrade tonight and report back. The 9900 doesn't have 340 yet.
    08-18-11 11:56 AM
    Yeah I would bet that next leaked or official OS update will fix ur problem. It was definitely a software issue! Hope this helped

08-18-11 12:03 PM
    Just tried 261, 296 and 317 and it is doing the same thing. Bizarre. I think I'm going to return it as I only have a week left to do so. Definitely will test it in the store this time.
    08-18-11 03:09 PM
    Returned my 9900 for refund and waiting for one that doesn't exhibit that behaviour. Oddly i went to another store and it had the exact same issue built one day later than the one I returned. Both Rogers and both Mexico 4.

Maybe the magic was 340 but I think I will hold out until I find one that doesn't do it because clearly this is not a pervasive problem on lower OSs that are being delivered.
    08-19-11 12:44 AM
    Mine does this at times too - hope its just software issue with the stock Rogers OS. I will give it a few more days or at least one OS leak/update before I decide what to do.

08-19-11 01:56 AM
    So after returning my 9900 yesterday I went out on the prowl and inspected about 8 more units in several other stores. All were Mexico 4 and all were built from July 28-31. Every single one of them exhibited the same type of behaviour.

This could mean a number of things but I just can't believe that they were all defective. True, it could be a bad manufacturing run given the units I looked at came out of the same place over the same period of time...but I don't think so. I think that if that was the case there would be more people howling here on the forums about how poor the quality control is.

I think it is a case of user error on my behalf. The bottom of the touch screen is really sensitive and is so right into the black part of the screen. I think when you flick your finger up on the trackpad you are triggering any link that is low on the screen and that is what is triggering the link.

Anyways, I bought another one and have 30 days to return. Maybe a future update in the interim will quiet the screen down so that it isn't such an issue like chapterv's result above.
    08-19-11 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD