The mouse cursor navigation in the BB Browser is quite strange and over time very annoying.
    • Mouse pointer does not allow to move to the top of the screen with the pad. It feels like the pointer is attached to a rubberband. I can move up to the middle, then the pointer is placed in the lower end again. This makes scrolling backwards with the pad almost impossile
    • When scrolling downwards (with the pad), the Browser sometimes selects a random link. VERY annoying!

So far, I have not encountered such a behavior in any of the other applications (mail etc.)

I'm currently on 7.0.0.296. My network is Swisscom

Is anyone else affected by this issue?

Jochen
    09-17-11 10:09 AM
    Sounds like a hardware issue, you may have to return it to wherever purchased.

However before you do that try a battery pull and try updating your OS and see if that works.
    09-17-11 10:12 AM
    Not sure if it's really hardware because it does occour only in the browser.
    I will give a firmware a try.
    09-17-11 10:15 AM
    Not sure if it's really hardware because it does occour only in the browser.
    I will give a firmware a try.
    You could always try keyboard shortcuts while browsing - to scroll down use the spacebar, to scroll up a page use a shift key with the spacebar; B will take you to the bottom and T will take you back to the top of the page.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    joehack likes this.
    09-17-11 11:48 PM
    i am having the same problem...its really annoying but i've only noticed it with the browser so maybe it is a software issue...
    09-17-11 11:49 PM
    same issue here sometimes. 50/50 it happens.
    09-18-11 12:11 AM
    .353 curred strange browser cursor behavior. Try the latest version for the 9900 or 9930.
    joehack likes this.
    09-18-11 12:36 AM
    Thanks for the keyboard shortcuts! I've tested both. The browser sometime reacts to them. Mail reacts to T but not to B.

I will now upgrade to the latest firmware version.
    09-18-11 04:13 AM
    Cursor navigation is fixed under 353.

Upgrading to it was quite clumsy since loader.exe crashed with an runtime error.
    Facebook ssems to have a problem with new release.

Jochen
    09-18-11 02:28 PM
    Dude, it's your thumb/finger touching the screen when you're scrolling up, then hitting the screen, selecting a link when you go to scroll down.

Well, probably...

Posted from my kick-*** 9930 at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-11 04:55 PM
    Dude, it's your thumb/finger touching the screen when you're scrolling up, then hitting the screen, selecting a link when you go to scroll down.

Well, probably...

Posted from my kick-*** 9930 at wapforums.crackberry.com
    this is what was fixed in 353.
    09-18-11 10:38 PM
    QUOTE=decypher44;6688529]Dude, it's your thumb/finger touching the screen when you're scrolling up, then hitting the screen, selecting a link when you go to scroll down.

Well, probably...

Posted from my kick-*** 9930 at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE]

This is excacly what's happening.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-11 11:02 PM
    -The scrolling up and hitting the screen- happens to me all the time and ANNOYS the crap out of me. I also hate when I am trying to scroll up and get the menu bar but the cursor remains underneath it even though I am continuing to go higher!

Also, I hate the sensitivity of the cursor. I wish it was more like Opera: when you scroll the screen starts moving without the cursor being on the "edge". Native browser does not scroll unless cursor is on edge of screen.
    09-19-11 12:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD