Is it possible to make a shortcut to allow me to quickly enable and disable location settings? This would be a big help. Maybe an app?

Thanks,
    Guy
    10-14-11 05:37 AM
    Nobody? I thought this may be a common request?

Maybe there's an app that starts the GPS when required at least?
    10-17-11 04:19 PM
    If an app requires it to be enabled it will ask. No need for a shortcut.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-11 08:24 PM
    Nobody? I thought this may be a common request?

Maybe there's an app that starts the GPS when required at least?
    Quick Launch will rock your world.
    GuyH likes this.
    10-17-11 08:47 PM

Your answer doesn't give exponations to the OP query at all mate
    10-17-11 08:48 PM
    cheers I'll check it out.
    10-18-11 06:00 AM

I think you missed the point. The OP wants a quick way to enable and disable the GPS. Most apps do NOT turn the GPS on and off on their own and while some do turn it on, they don't necessarily turn it off.
    10-18-11 06:29 AM
    None of them turn it on themselves. They will ask "the application you are trying to use requires gps location on, would you like to turn it on?" Uh- Yes!

10-18-11 07:05 AM
    I use Shortcutme app for this, but also Quicklaunch can do it.

10-18-11 08:10 AM
    Thanks guys. I use Telmap and if I forget to turn the GPS on I have to exit it and turn it one hence the question. it will not activate it within the app.
    10-18-11 08:18 AM
    Thanks guys. I use Telmap and if I forget to turn the GPS on I have to exit it and turn it one hence the question. it will not activate it within the app.
    Why don't you just leave GPS on? Mine is on constantly, and always has been on every BB I've owned. The only time it uses any power is after a reboot when it tries to find your location, after that it remains dormant until requested.

10-18-11 08:29 AM
    really? I probably then wrongly assumed it would eat battery? If not it can stay on.
    10-18-11 08:34 AM
    I'm pretty sure. I checked my Event Log after a reboot when I was inside. GPS tried a couple of times to find my location, couldn't do, came up with an error, and gave up after that.

How you finding Telmap? I ended up deleting it. Found it painfully slow, a massive memory hog, and a nightmare to navigate. Also couldn't stand that bloody icon it left in the notification banner every time you exit

10-18-11 08:42 AM
    cheers, I'll leave it on and see if I notice a difference in battery performance.

Honestly I think it's a good app. If I paid for it then I would have more reason to complain but to say it is not currently designed to run on the 9900 it works well for me. I know what you mean about the icon, I have no idea why that is left but it doesn't bother me too much.
    10-18-11 09:06 AM
    Another vote for Quicklaunch. I have mine set so from the home screen, I hit space bar then G and my GPS toggles on or off. And it can do so many other things like a built-in flashlight, screen capture, etc. Well worth the few bucks.
    10-18-11 11:36 AM
    Another vote for Quicklaunch. I have mine set so from the home screen, I hit space bar then G and my GPS toggles on or off. And it can do so many other things like a built-in flashlight, screen capture, etc. Well worth the few bucks.
    To be fair Shortcutme does the same.

10-18-11 11:51 AM
    To be fair Shortcutme does the same.

No experience with shortcutme. Any great differentiation from ql?
    10-18-11 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD