1) How is the battery life? Is it better than BB9780?
    2) Where is speaker grill located? And how loud is the device? I don't care about the sound quality. I want to know if it is loud enough to wake me up in the morning.

Thanks.
    08-12-11 10:24 PM
    Good Grief, there are Reviews on this device already to tell you.
    08-12-11 10:42 PM
    battery life seems to vary. check out the few posts already made about that.

ive never met a phone not loud enough to wake a person up. has this been an issue in the past?
    08-12-11 10:46 PM
    The speaker port is located in a slot below the battery door. It's angled in a way that the sound will not muffle when the phone is put down on a flat surface. As for the sound, this thing is very loud and clear. I'm sure it's louder than my 9800, but I don't have access to it at the moment. It will not disappoint. If it does, I will hurt you.
    08-12-11 10:53 PM
    battery life is so-so. definitely NOT better than 9780 which had excellent longevity.

u can definitely get at least a day of use, but obviously will vary on your actual usage and activity throughout the day. my day starts at 6am, used for all incoming and outgoing messages, bridged to my playbook, played around with phone to get familiarized with it. by 12 midnight it had about 10% left.

hope this helps
    Last edited by Bolderholder; 08-13-11 at 05:20 AM.
    08-12-11 11:51 PM
    1) How is the battery life? Is it better than BB9780?
    2) Where is speaker grill located? And how loud is the device? I don't care about the sound quality. I want to know if it is loud enough to wake me up in the morning.

Thanks.
    Hi Nikesu, I'm finding that my battery life isn't quite as good as my 9700 was running 6.0.0.615 but it could well be that I'm trying to do everything I can with it so I'm really pushing the battery. I'm hoping that a new OS upgrade will help with it.

Speaker grill is on the lower back of the phone and it is plenty loud enough.
    08-13-11 12:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD