1.) What does Application Resource Manager actually do? I've left multiple apps open on purpose to see if it'll do anything and it didn't. I've never gotten a notification and none of the apps got closed.

2.) Can I turn off packet data without turning off the radio? I saw that option on an Android today. I thought it might come in handy if I could so I can continue to receive texts without my phone using data while I'm sleeping.

Sent from my Bold 9900.
    09-11-12 10:20 PM
    1.) What does Application Resource Manager actually do? I've left multiple apps open on purpose to see if it'll do anything and it didn't. I've never gotten a notification and none of the apps got closed.

2.) Can I turn off packet data without turning off the radio? I saw that option on an Android today. I thought it might come in handy if I could so I can continue to receive texts without my phone using data while I'm sleeping.

Sent from my Bold 9900.
    Idk about question 1 OR 2 BUT I don't believe texts use data. Only BBMs and chats. Correct me if I'm wrong anyone..you can still send bbms with a WIFI ONLY connection but NOT sms texts
    09-11-12 10:24 PM
    for Question 1, app resource monitor finds opened apps that cause battery draining, then it'll give a notification to turn it off.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-11-12 10:26 PM
    I don't know about question 2. ARM automatically shutsdown any apps running in the background that's causing a battery drain. Great tool to keep enabled.
    pkcable likes this.
    09-11-12 11:03 PM

Sent from my Bold 9900.
    Options > Network and Connections > Mobile Network.
    Data Services: On / Off.

Setting it to Off will enable your phone to work just as a phone (calls and texts), without Data Services (Packet Data).
    09-11-12 11:27 PM
    Sorry I guess I worded it poorly. I understand what ARM is supposed to do but when I did what I said I did, it didn't shut down any of the open apps. I have it enabled anyway but with 10+ apps running at once and it doesn't catch any of them as "battery draining", then I dunno what is.

As for question 2, I can't believe I forgot about that option. I'm sorry I even asked.

Sent from my Bold 9900.
    09-12-12 12:10 AM
    As for question 2, I can't believe I forgot about that option. I'm sorry I even asked.

Sent from my Bold 9900.

stuff happens. No need to be sorry.
    Last edited by pkcable; 09-12-12 at 07:58 AM. Reason: language
    09-12-12 01:21 AM
    Sorry I guess I worded it poorly. I understand what ARM is supposed to do but when I did what I said I did, it didn't shut down any of the open apps. I have it enabled anyway but with 10+ apps running at once and it doesn't catch any of them as "battery draining", then I dunno what is.

Sent from my Bold 9900.
    I don't run a lot of apps at once, but ARM did shutdown Scoremobile,Berryweather and Tunein Radio on my device.
    09-12-12 07:54 AM
    I don't run a lot of apps at once, but ARM did shutdown Scoremobile,Berryweather and Tunein Radio on my device.
    It's shut down MLB At Bat for me.
    09-12-12 07:59 AM

Sent from my Bold 9900.
    ARM only works when the device is idle and the backlight is off. Silly question, but... is ARM turned on?
    09-12-12 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD