Alright, I think I have made up my mind about getting the next-coming devices and I think I'm going for a Bold Touch but I gotta few questions to ask before I make up my final decision here.

- How much does it costs?
    - When is it gonna be released exactly and in the Middle East?
    - Is it the same size as the Bold 9000 or smaller?
    - Will it include the new BBM 6.0?
    - Is the screen resolution size bigger than the Torch 2/Bold 9000?
    - Can the touchscreen compability be turned ON/OFF?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Nabooy; 03-20-11 at 09:31 PM.
    03-20-11 09:22 PM
    03-20-11 09:38 PM
    Pretty much all the answers we to most of your questions are in the first sticky thread in this forum:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f235/bl...-specs-575707/

And that's all we know, aside from the links Motorcycle Mama added.

03-20-11 10:26 PM
    The screen resolution seems to be exactly the same as the Torch 2, which is quite good. Though the Bold in inch size seems to be a bit smaller. Now that's what I call a BlackBerry device!

I still can't believe that it's the thinnest BlackBerry device ever made, even thinnest than the Torch 2. Pretty much amazing, I must say.
    03-20-11 10:42 PM
    The screen resolution seems to be exactly the same as the Torch 2, which is quite good. Though the Bold in inch size seems to be a bit smaller. Now that's what I call a BlackBerry device!

I still can't believe that it's the thinnest BlackBerry device ever made, even thinnest than the Torch 2. Pretty much amazing, I must say.
    I loved the size of my Bold 9000 and its keyboard. If the Bold Touch stays close to the rumored specs, it should be a winner. I'm definitely looking forward to giving this thing a good shake-out. ;-)

03-21-11 10:59 AM
    Yeah the dakota/montana looks like just about the same form factor and kb spacing/size as the 9700, so itshould be the same family. Personally it's the best bb I've used, but never owned one.

03-21-11 12:54 PM
    Yeah the dakota/montana looks like just about the same form factor and kb spacing/size as
    the 9700, so itshould be the same family. Personally it's the best bb I've used, but never owned one.

Actually, I don't think the form factor nor keyboard specs are anything close to the 9700...its totally different. Every spec about the keyboard I've read says Large Keyboard and if you match up the photos of a 9000 or if you've owned a 9000 (like me) you will see it is not like the 9700's. Its much more roomy, and the entire bottom row of keys (left shift, 0, space, etc) are not shrunken. No...we won't be hitting the $ sign every time we press enter here. Nor will we be hitting the menu button every time we type an 'E'. Our sausage fingers shall finally be free of the shackles of typos prone to these teensy weensy itsy bitsy mini bolds. All will be right with the world

As for form factor. The 9700/9780 and 9650's are completely different than this device. The Dakota/Montana is a true BOLD 9000 refresh with a touch screen, hence - BOLD Touch. RIM attempted to miniaturize their most successful flagship device, the BOLD 9000 into the bold 9700 and in my opinion, made a mistake. Now, they've realized their imbecilery and are attempting to regain respect by refreshing what should be the best device release since the BOLD 9000. Time will tell.

03-22-11 01:37 AM
    ^^^The 9700 has sold very very well. I love the refresh of the 9000 but i dont see how the touch screen is relevant. We'll see.
    03-22-11 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD