If you don't. use a BB you're a sheeple? Other than that, not much.
    That and now I'm thinking I have been brainwashed since im using Android.
    07-30-11 05:07 PM

I my self don't care what media or friends think, I get what I like and works for me.
    That's exactly how I feel. I buy what I like regardless who makes the product. For now I prefer Android but I like where Rim is heading with the new line up of phones being released soon.
    07-30-11 05:14 PM
    That's exactly how I feel. I buy what I like regardless who makes the product. For now I prefer Android but I like where Rim is heading with the new line up of phones being released soon.
    Great, I'm not stuck to RIM either but just haven't been able to warm up to android yet and I don't like the apple does things. Maybe a new bold touch for me and if the QNX phones aren't that great maybe win8 phone is in my future.

But with a playbook, I'll probably be sticking with a bb unless maybe tether makes it's app for win8 and the playbook.
    07-30-11 05:23 PM
    I got tired of waiting too. In June, I got the iPhone 4. I like it but I sometimes find myself missing my Blackberry 8330 which was my favorite. I recently had the Bold 9650 and it was ok. I likely will check out the 9930 when it comes out. I like Blackberry, but the web browsing sucked and it froze up at times.
    07-30-11 05:53 PM
    You people are absurb. Using the general logic on this board, you need to buy a new car every time there is a "upgrade" or change to the model you currently have otherwise its obsolete and outdated.
    Get real.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-11 06:22 PM
    I got tired of waiting and bought a nexus s. Great phone it does it all.

07-30-11 06:32 PM
    I got tired of waiting too. In June, I got the iPhone 4. I like it but I sometimes find myself missing my Blackberry 8330 which was my favorite. I recently had the Bold 9650 and it was ok. I likely will check out the 9930 when it comes out. I like Blackberry, but the web browsing sucked and it froze up at times.
    Its hard to get good browsing experience on screen as big as a match box. And 624mhz processor plus 256mb ram..crash is inevitable.
    Don't know if the hourglass animation can be customized to a running horse like windows 95�
    Yawnnnnz:-) :-) :-)
    07-30-11 06:58 PM
    Well that is 4 people who were not able to understand my post and 1 who could comprehend the point.

Kinda makes my point for me. No, it definitely makes my point. If you were in business selling products who would you cater to? The 4? Or the 1?

07-30-11 07:14 PM
    The 4 is an easier sale. The smart guy will keep coming back complaining.

07-30-11 07:16 PM
    The 4 is an easier sale. The smart guy will keep coming back complaining.

Instead of just taking it for granted that things are supposed to be dysfunctional and automatically bending over like the Dummy's?

07-30-11 08:19 PM
    the point is to sell the product, getting good return on investment, feed the employees and pay back the investors their due dividend.
    the 4 bendover buyers may not be unhappy after all, they may not ask any philosophical questions. being ignorant, or uninformed, these people will no doubt promote the product.
    while the smart guy keep on loving his product, try to keep content of its shortcoming, happily brag and defend it as he go along with his life, unwitting to change. unless he sees around and try other products, unlikely that he will change his view. and he may not buy new products so quick.
    07-30-11 08:35 PM
    The point is not to buy into hype. Putting a wing and a fart box on your Honda doesn't make it a cool car. People do it anyway. Buying a phone just because it has 2 cores doesn't make it a good phone if the software kills the battery in a couple of hours.

This really doesn't have anything much to do with Android, I just used that as an example because of the story about the guy constantly charging his phone.

And maybe it would be best if people don't try and explain why the "smart guy" is dumb.

07-30-11 09:28 PM
    Android battery hype is similar to bb hourglass hype.
    if people buy fart box would you say that they are wrong? Many factor in purchasing decisions, not only ignorance.
    Theres always other reason for change, for the sake of change itself perhaps? grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.
    :-) :-) :-)
    07-30-11 09:45 PM
    Like I said before, I don't care what others do. I am just pointing out that doing something because everyone else is doing it doesn't make it a good idea. Ignorance does play a big part in marketing. Corporations have come to depend on it.

07-30-11 10:18 PM
    3yrs ago you schmucks didn't know what a app was...now you "need" them and dual core processors, and front facing cameras. The point of a phone is communication, and doing it effectively and efficently. Living on the battery charger like a iphone or android phone is not efficent. Stabbing at a glass slab that weights almost a pound to type a email or text is not efficent or effective. And of course people will say "oh I'm just as fast on my touchscreen as a keyboard". Stop. Your not. Your lying. Just like your lying when you say you get 18 hours out of your iphone and or android phone. Stop. Your lying. Just cause you can butter toast with a fork, dosnt mean the fork is the best tool to butter toast
    Unreal. Smh.

Last edited by iwork4rim; 07-31-11 at 05:51 AM.
    crimsonking likes this.
    07-31-11 05:45 AM
    Lying or don't know any better.

07-31-11 05:55 AM
    3yrs ago you schmucks didn't know what a app was...now you "need" them and dual core processors, and front facing cameras. The point of a phone is communication, and doing it effectively and efficently. Living on the battery charger like a iphone or android phone is not efficent. Stabbing at a glass slab that weights almost a pound to type a email or text is not efficent or effective. And of course people will say "oh I'm just as fast on my touchscreen as a keyboard". Stop. Your not. Your lying. Just like your lying when you say you get 18 hours out of your iphone and or android phone. Stop. Your lying. Just cause you can butter toast with a fork, dosnt mean the fork is the best tool to butter toast
    Unreal. Smh.

World changed, but time stand still in blackberry world. people are happy with android as happy as other people with bb. Bb battery are not that good after all..compare bb bold with nokia e72.
    Have you tried any other os? Or just bb as the best?

07-31-11 06:01 AM
    Compare storm 1 and 2 with android slabs. Compare bold with nokia e72. Comparing bold with iphone and
    Android won't work because they are different.

If you want calls and battery life use nokia e6.got touchscreen qwerty..big battery. If you know other products, and actually use it, and not living on hype or hearsay, maybe you can get better perspective.

07-31-11 06:06 AM
    World changed, but time stand still in blackberry world. people are happy with android as happy as other people with bb. Bb battery are not that good after all..compare bb bold with nokia e72.
    Have you tried any other os? Or just bb as the best?

World changed to what? What changed? You forgot how to make coffee, so now you need a app for it? You never checked your heart rate before, but now its crucial to have an app for that?
    I came to bb, from a iphone. And in between that a htc hd2 rooted with android 2.3.2. And both phones couldn't get past 2pm. Its pathetic.

crimsonking likes this.
    07-31-11 06:07 AM
    To address your post about if I want call quality and battery life to use the nokias...I love nokia. Always have. Had a n95, which was a phone that was very ahead of its time. However, I prefer the way bb works. When I "need" a dual core processor to make, receive calls, send emails and text, listen to music, and browse the web, I will let you know. Till then, I take delight in knowing when I leave the house at 8am with my 9780, when I get home at 12pm I still have plenty of battery. And I'm not one of these fake "heavy users" who say they use their iphone/android heavily and plenty of battery. Cause they are full of ****. I would love to see their usage screen. Heavy usage to those people is a few emails, browse crackberry for 10min, listen to a few songs,and respond to a few texts. That's not heavy. Heavy is using my 9780 as nav from 8am to about 1pm. Sending and receiving (combined) about 150 texts/bbm. Streaming slacker radio from 1pm till 6pm. About a hour of actual calling, and non stop web browsing the entire day. And I mean entire. I use 1.5gigs of data a week.

07-31-11 06:16 AM
    I wont argue with someone who is happy enough to browse on a bold all day. You have to have strong eyes.

z:-) :-) :-)
    07-31-11 06:24 AM
    I wont argue with someone who is happy enough to browse on a bold all day. You have to have strong eyes.

z:-) :-) :-)
    Its not that small. Compared to a 4in slab, yes its gonna be smaller. But so what? The fact that I can browse the web that long,ie good battery life is worth the "trade off" of a 1.5in screen difference.
    But back on topic, I have used the 9930 for a few weeks now (job "perk") and its pretty good. Does everything my 9780 does, but faster. Its really as simple as that. I think the 9780 has a fantastic camera...so does the 9930. Video on my 9780 when uploaded looks great..haven't done it on the 9930 but I'm sure its just as good. The touchscreen is fluid, works well, but IMO its not needed. Why have the toucscreen anyways?

07-31-11 06:37 AM
    World changed to what? What changed? You forgot how to make coffee, so now you need a app for it? You never checked your heart rate before, but now its crucial to have an app for that?
    I came to bb, from a iphone. And in between that a htc hd2 rooted with android 2.3.2. And both phones couldn't get past 2pm. Its pathetic.

I found that there were a lot of useful apps both in the Apple Store and in the Android market. There was one particular app in the Apple Store that I wish BB would bring to AppWorld - a schedule for the DC Circulator bus service with location information for the next bus.
    Other than that, I find that the apps I have on my BB work beautifully for me. For me and my usage, battery life is of more importance than the availability of apps that don't really change how I deal with my day.....except for that one DC Circulator app.Once I have that, I'm golden.
    07-31-11 06:41 AM
    I found that there were a lot of useful apps both in the Apple Store and in the Android market. There was one particular app in the Apple Store that I wish BB would bring to AppWorld - a schedule for the DC Circulator bus service with location information for the next bus.
    Other than that, I find that the apps I have on my BB work beautifully for me. For me and my usage, battery life is of more importance than the availability of apps that don't really change how I deal with my day.....except for that one DC Circulator app.Once I have that, I'm golden.
    Bingo! But the fact its not available for blackberry isn't because of a fault with bb. The app developer simply didn't make it for blackberry.
    Its funny cause people say "oh well the same apps are free on iphone/android market" and? Pay to play. They are free cause there are several thousand of the same apps that's why! But those same people will spend 50 bucks for a iphone case. Or pay 1.99 for a song from itunes. Lol.

07-31-11 06:56 AM
    Hey sportline Yawnnnnz:-) :-) :-) are you always that tired lol.
    07-31-11 07:04 AM
78 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD