I've had the PlayBook for three months and I still prefer typing on the relatively diminutive Torch keyboard. Some of us just cannot get used to a virtual keyboard.
    4.3" torch slider is my dream phone. Gorilla glass..samoled, big battery.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk
    07-28-11 10:48 PM
    Sounds like what I just did with the SE Arc. Sweet phone. I thought it was a keeper after the first week, then 2nd week things started to get annoying and by the third week, I was switching back and forth with my 9800. Finally, I've put the Arc in the drawer with the large collection of Androids I've tried in the past. I have a love hate relationship with the Android OS, it's almost there but not quite yet for me. The Arc is one beautiful phone though.
    x2

I had the Atrix and at week 2 I unlocked my 9630 payed my $35 restocking fee with AT&T and finally smiled again when I picked up my phone.

Even with the slowness of my BB it was still more efficient than the Android software; at least to me it was. As for swipe, eh, I didn't care for it either.
    07-29-11 12:20 AM
    A 4.3" portrait slider phone would be way too huge to make phone calls with when the keyboard is extended. I could see a 3.5" or maybe a 3.7", but any bigger just doesn't work for the form factor.
    07-29-11 12:21 AM
    dell venue pro is 3.7 or 4"? But looks too thick. Torch slider is good enough, but just make it bigger to capture some android audience.

07-29-11 12:25 AM
    I have a friend with an android thing. He comes over and plugs the phone in. He uses it once or twice in an hour. We go out to a bar for a few drinks and he plugs it into the car charger. We get to the bar and spend about 3 hours and his battery is dying and he wants to use my BB tour for a call. he looks at the battery and says " When was the last time you f***ing charged this thing?" "Last night I told him. He just shook his head and asked me for the car keys so he could go put his really slick hot droid on the charger. LOL he comes back after about 30 min on my BB talking to his GF and he says " This is Bull****, your battery is at the same place it was when I started the call!" I just looked at him and said "your really going to like the 9930"
    Just to clarify,because most of you like to exaggerate about Android,I have both an incredible s and galaxy s, I average anywhere between 3000 to 4000 talk time mins a month, plus emails and text,and I only charge my phone at night when i go to bed. I have to say though,I don't have any social feeds,or stream videos or listen to music,I use it strictly as a phone and am very satisfied with battery. That said,Yes the 9900 will be a very nice/tempting device, it was well overdue .
    Last edited by GG1; 07-29-11 at 07:22 AM.
    07-29-11 06:20 AM
    oh, so because there is one annoying thread-type all other ones are OK? Remind me again why there is an andoird subforum at crackberry?
    If you're referring to me, you clearly didn't get the sarcasm in my post. I have no problem with this thread.
    Last edited by GG1; 07-29-11 at 06:48 AM.
    07-29-11 06:30 AM
    If you are going to Droid return the Thunderbolt and get the Samsung Galaxy S2. There is no better.
    Yep Galaxy S2 is the best Android handset out there hands down...i still wont get one though as much as the specs are drool worthy...the OS just holds absolutely no interest for me and i dont expect it ever will.

I'll stick with the tired old BB OS for the time being...as ancient as it is, it still manages to hit my sweet spot when getting my work done....screw all these fancy widgets etc...my 9780 although nothing flash gets me through my day and more without minimum of fuss and thats why i cannot and i mean i cannot wait for the 9900 to makes its proper debut...its the phone that ive been waiting for a very long time.
    07-29-11 06:35 AM
    dell venue pro is 3.7 or 4"? But looks too thick. Torch slider is good enough, but just make it bigger to capture some android audience.

The DVP is a nice phone. I have one with Mango on it right now. Its 4 in screen. Calls only when slider is closed. Has a nice keyboard and awesome build quality. Dell just screwed up the software.
    07-29-11 06:50 AM
    My husband, who has an iPhone 4 (VZW) has been trying to get me to go over "to the dark side" (in my opinion, switching to an iPhone would be going to the dark side lol) saying that I am just naive expecting to get a phone with an actual keyboard with buttons to press. He HATES BlackBerry and thinks I am staying back in the dinosaur age that I won't go to an all touch device.

Well, I am borrowing the oldest version of the BlackBerry Storm and I do not like all touch, but at least I have a Blackberry device for now. My Curve died one evening at the gym and I didn't know what I was going to do. I have been wanting to wait for the new Bold 9930.

I don't think you are going to get use to the all touch Droid. I wouldn't want the Droid OS after being a BlackBerry person for so long. Good luck. I am waiting for the new BlackBerry-how ever long that is going to take...
    07-29-11 11:53 AM
    My husband, who has an iPhone 4 (VZW) has been trying to get me to go over "to the dark side" (in my opinion, switching to an iPhone would be going to the dark side lol) saying that I am just naive expecting to get a phone with an actual keyboard with buttons to press. He HATES BlackBerry and thinks I am staying back in the dinosaur age that I won't go to an all touch device.

Well, I am borrowing the oldest version of the BlackBerry Storm and I do not like all touch, but at least I have a Blackberry device for now. My Curve died one evening at the gym and I didn't know what I was going to do. I have been wanting to wait for the new Bold 9930.

I don't think you are going to get use to the all touch Droid. I wouldn't want the Droid OS after being a BlackBerry person for so long. Good luck. I am waiting for the new BlackBerry-how ever long that is going to take...
    I won't suggest that you try a different OS, but I would suggest giving one of the new touchscreen BBs a try before you write touchscreens off completely. It is totally different from the Storm screen that turned a lot of people off.
    07-29-11 11:57 AM
    I have a friend with an android thing. He comes over and plugs the phone in. He uses it once or twice in an hour. We go out to a bar for a few drinks and he plugs it into the car charger. We get to the bar and spend about 3 hours and his battery is dying and he wants to use my BB tour for a call. he looks at the battery and says " When was the last time you f***ing charged this thing?" "Last night I told him. He just shook his head and asked me for the car keys so he could go put his really slick hot droid on the charger. LOL he comes back after about 30 min on my BB talking to his GF and he says " This is Bull****, your battery is at the same place it was when I started the call!" I just looked at him and said "your really going to like the 9930"
    Haha nice story. That made me laugj, veery ffuny friend you have

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-11 12:49 PM
    *laugh

Correcting the typos is easier than editing the post

07-29-11 12:52 PM
    x2

I had the Atrix and at week 2 I unlocked my 9630 payed my $35 restocking fee with AT&T and finally smiled again when I picked up my phone.

Even with the slowness of my BB it was still more efficient than the Android software; at least to me it was. As for swipe, eh, I didn't care for it either.
    Your experience reminds me of mine. I was in love with my Atrix initially...then as days went by the relationship was not as satisfying. It developed lag and the battery never improved.
    Back to my Torch. Love my Torch. Waiting for the Torch 2 and/or 9900.
    07-30-11 07:43 AM
    Yep Galaxy S2 is the best Android handset out there hands down...i still wont get one though as much as the specs are drool worthy...the OS just holds absolutely no interest for me and i dont expect it ever will.

I'll stick with the tired old BB OS for the time being...as ancient as it is, it still manages to hit my sweet spot when getting my work done....screw all these fancy widgets etc...my 9780 although nothing flash gets me through my day and more without minimum of fuss and thats why i cannot and i mean i cannot wait for the 9900 to makes its proper debut...its the phone that ive been waiting for a very long time.
    It kind of grows on you but I agree 100% that even though I use Android and iOS, I always come back to my RIM device. The is a simplicity that can noit be beat!
    07-30-11 08:52 AM
    sounds like me on my Style 9670!
    07-30-11 12:08 PM
    Something to consider:

Since when is doing what the majority does,,,,,,THE THING TO DO? Especially in the US where media uses brain washing. Doesn't your friends Android prove that? Its like that with most products. Follow the Sheeple and be one of the Sheeple.

People are dumb. Many of them like to be led around without having to think. The majority of people are like that and that is who most products cater to.

A 5-Channel amplifier at 25 watts per channel is marketed as a 125 watt Amplifier. Misleading the public and greed is what they teach in US business schools.

I really don't know why anyone would give a rats *** what the Sheeple think I should get.

Maybe I should get an Android with water cooling for extended battery life,,..?!?!?!!!!!!!!

It's too bad the dummy's out number us because the products we buy everyday would be much better.

07-30-11 12:26 PM
    If you are going to Droid return the Thunderbolt and get the Samsung Galaxy S2. There is no better.
    That is probably the cheapest feeling phone on the market.
    07-30-11 12:41 PM
    I'll bet you he has no desire to switch over to your phone.
    07-30-11 12:44 PM
    His device won't be cool enough for his friend. It's not always about communication, it's about the dummy's.

07-30-11 12:48 PM
    Something to consider:

Since when is doing what the majority does,,,,,,THE THING TO DO? Especially in the US where media uses brain washing. Doesn't your friends Android prove that? Its like that with most products. Follow the Sheeple and be one of the Sheeple.

People are dumb. Many of them like to be led around without having to think. The majority of people are like that and that is who most products cater to.

A 5-Channel amplifier at 25 watts per channel is marketed as a 125 watt Amplifier. Misleading the public and greed is what they teach in US business schools.

I really don't know why anyone would give a rats *** what the Sheeple think I should get.

Maybe I should get an Android with water cooling for extended battery life,,..?!?!?!!!!!!!!

It's too bad the dummy's out number us because the products we buy everyday would be much better.

This is a completely idiotic post !!!! look where you are and think about the B.S you just wrote and then realize that you are just as much a sheeple as everyone else. The only issue is BB isn't the hotness anymore through no fault of their own.
    07-30-11 12:49 PM
    This is a completely idiotic post !!!! look where you are and think about the B.S you just wrote and then realize that you are just as much a sheeple as everyone else. The only issue is BB isn't the hotness anymore through no fault of their own.
    I'm sorry, maybe you misunderstood my post. Does yours have a point?
    07-30-11 01:51 PM
    It's probably going to take you longer than a week to get used to an all touch device coming from a KB.
    Agreed, went to android myself, not for being tired of waiting, just felt like it. It's not bad if you don't need to use it for long messages, but otherwise give me a BB kb any day. Fortunately I am able to keep 'em short.
    07-30-11 02:31 PM
    Something to consider:

I'm trying to figure out what is there to consider in your post.
    07-30-11 04:40 PM
    I'm trying to figure out what is there to consider in your post.
    If you don't. use a BB you're a sheeple? Other than that, not much.
    07-30-11 04:55 PM
    What I got from his post is just because media and friends claim this or that is the best thing since sliced bread doesn't make it so. Goes for anything, if media tells you and pounds into your brain at every commercial, billboard, show etc. people start to believe it whether it's actually crap or not.

Just think milly vannily or whatever those lipsyncers were along with the rest of the stars that can't sing or act yet everyone loves them. UGH.

I my self don't care what media or friends think, I get what I like and works for me.
    07-30-11 05:06 PM
78 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD