i just bought an Samsung Epic 4g Touch. i love it, its nice but I'm starting to feel like its a little to big. i used to have a BlackBerry Tour before i got the Epic Touch. i loved it but only reason i upgraded was i wanted something more thin and that could do more and was faster. i forgot all about the new Blackberry 9930. its 50 bucks more at the store than what i paid and the guy at sprint store said it was more powerful than the epic i had? is that true? if someone could help me out i am not sure what to do. i would love to go exchange for the blackberry but i don't know if it will please me or not. sorry if this is a lot to ask for, I don't know what to do...im bad at making choices and wanted to find some advice.

thanks in advance
    10-17-11 12:10 PM
    I will say this in the nicest way I could and in the hopes that you will take it that way.

There is nobody that is going to be able to make up your mind for you on a thread like this. You should have or need to go to where you bought your Epic and compare the BB devices next to it and see what you think and not what we think.

How do you think we can help you with something like this? No really! If you don't like the epic take it back and buy a BB with a form factor and features that will make YOU happy, not us. Good luck in making up your mind. I wish I or anyone else can be more help to you.
    10-17-11 12:16 PM
    i went to the store, but they don't have a working display model. i'm trying to ask is it worth the extra 50 bucks when i can have the iPhone or the Epic touch for 200. The Epic Touch is just a bit big to me.
    10-17-11 12:23 PM
    i went to the store, but they don't have a working display model. i'm trying to ask is it worth the extra 50 bucks when i can have the iPhone or the Epic touch for 200. The Epic Touch is just a bit big to me.
    Worth is a very relative term. Spec wise, no it is not worth it to pay more for less. Functionality wise, I say yes but that is my opinion.

BB has a 1.2Ghz cpu while the epic touch is 1.2ghz dual core and the iphone 4s is dual core too but I dont know the speed for sure. The epic has more ram too. But BB is the only one with a real physical keyboard and I would probably guess that it is the smallest one of the three (might be close to size with the 4s). If you tell me what you actually use your phone for then I can give a better suggestion.
    10-17-11 12:32 PM
    okay, i think I'm just going to stay with the Epic, because they want 50 bucks more for the blackberry. which i don't know why. this epic touch is just massive, a 4.5 in. screen :0. i just kinda miss my blackberry.
    10-17-11 12:35 PM
    The Bold at Verizon just dropped to 199.99 with 2yr agreement. How much is the Epic? I was a BB user, then went Android. The PlayBook brought me back to BB. I picked up a 9930 and I love it. I'm coming from a Droid X2 (4.3" screen). You won't miss the larger screen at all. As far as speed? The Bold outperforms my DX2, in all aspects. It's solid in hardware and the OS. I need reliability, and you just don't get that (yet) from Android, at least not for my needs.

I missed BB since I stopped using my Curve a few years ago. A lot has changed since then, so I say give BB another try. If it fits your criteria for what you need to use it for, then go for it.
    10-17-11 12:44 PM
    i don't have any needs. just use to for email, web and messaging. yeah online at sprint it is 199.99 but in store they want 249.99 and i paid 199.99 for my epic. its really nice, only thing it is big. i was i could just have two phones
    10-17-11 12:46 PM
    Well I'll put my opinion down.

If you use your phone mainly for communication (ie texting, emailing, and calling) then the BB is for you.

If you use your phone for multimedia (ie surfing the web a lot, streaming videos [either with netflix or straight from a website], playing games, using skype to make video calls, and what not) then the other 2 is probably better for you. I personally think music is better on the BB with either the media player or streaming music like slacker. I like being able to start, pause, skip songs iwth the volume buttons.
    10-17-11 12:47 PM
    okay, i think I'm just going to stay with the Epic, because they want 50 bucks more for the blackberry. which i don't know why. this epic touch is just massive, a 4.5 in. screen :0. i just kinda miss my blackberry.
    Now you know why I answered you in the way I did to try and throw in a bit of kindness and you wasted a thread for your first post anyway. This is exactly the reason why most people on here will not even bother to answer these questions because of what you just said you were going to do. Hope it works out for you and you post things from here on that might be relevant to BB if and when you ever buy one.
    10-17-11 12:48 PM
    Now you know why I answered you in the way I did to try and throw in a bit of kindness and you wasted a thread for your first post anyway. This is exactly the reason why most people on here will not even bother to answer these questions because of what you just said you were going to do. Hope it works out for you and you post things from here on that might be relevant to BB if and when you ever buy one.
    Wow dude...

Anyway, to the OP: feel free to post what you like. Many people don't really know what they want to use a phone for until they get it. And after they get it they find even more things to do with it then they even imagined.

I'll answer questions like this all day. The majority of people come here for info and advice, and then maybe help another out if they can.
    10-17-11 12:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD