It pretty intersting that RIM released this leak for almost every current BB.
    It seem with such a massive release across the board RIM may believe that
    this is the OS we all should be using. Especially so soon after the .342!
    04-23-12 07:27 AM
    Well, I have been using it since it leaked and battery life is better. Based on BlackBerry Device Analyzer, it has settled into a 2.8% per hour drain, which covers lots of e-mail, BBM, music, web access...

Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are ALWAYS ON.

I'm impressed. It's definitely the gold standard for me.
    04-23-12 08:12 AM
    it's a dud.
    04-23-12 08:14 AM
    it's a dud.
    In what resepct ??? It's no good saying that with nothing to back it up !!!
    bimmerdriver likes this.
    04-23-12 08:23 AM
    I just installed .402 this morning - hopefully this will be the one....until the next leak.
    04-23-12 12:10 PM
    Definitely the best 7.1 OS for me, i had such a huge battery drain on .342 so thought last night id update to this one, i mean it couldnt be any worse than .342 but with the same number of apps on .342 and .402....402 is much better battery wise.

Only slight issue i have is that nobex premium doesnt seem to be available for my device anymore. I emailed them about this and all they did was reply back and say my PIN has been updated but my PIN hasnt changed since i got this 9900 lol.

Ive tried downloading the free version of nobex but it hasnt unlocked the premium version. The premium version is the one that RIM was giving away as part of their almighty worldwide cockup when BBM and BIS services were down for a week or so.

Any ideas??
    04-23-12 12:47 PM
    I just installed .402 this morning - hopefully this will be the one....until the next leak.
    Hi ibcop..can you hook me up with a good download site for .402? I've decided to do it today after only a week with .342. I know you said you just made the switch today so I wanted to download from a still good site. Thanks.....Key
    04-23-12 12:54 PM
    Sorry ib...I found a site and it was a fast download. Now let's see if I can get the rest done...Thanks anyway....
    04-23-12 01:10 PM
    Using it, its very nice but few bugs are still there!
    04-23-12 01:13 PM
    it's a dud.
    Without exception, every newer release I've installed has been the same as or better than the previous. I've been using .402 since it was leaked and I haven't had any problems at all with it, nor have I heard many complaints from others. Why would you say it's a dud?
    04-23-12 02:26 PM
    Using it, its very nice but few bugs are still there!
    Such as what? I'm curious what issues you've noticed because I haven't noticed anything wrong with it.
    04-23-12 02:29 PM
    .402 is lovely except on most at&t 9900s, the microphone doesn't work during calls. well documented by many users (incl myself) in the leak thread.

but i agree, .402 was awesome while i had it. touch screen was much improved and os fluidity was top notch
    04-23-12 03:06 PM
    .402 is lovely except on most at&t 9900s, the microphone doesn't work during calls. well documented by many users (incl myself) in the leak thread.

but i agree, .402 was awesome while i had it. touch screen was much improved and os fluidity was top notch
    so the mic is only affected for the AT&T user?
    any other bugs you notice?
    04-23-12 05:08 PM
    Just a crazy comment that I posted some time ago on someone elses thread and was thrashed.
    What bothered me about .340 and .342 was they were 208 meg downloads and all the previous 7.1 OS and this .402 is is over 240 megs. I just think some thing has to be different when the downloads are 20% bigger. I don"t ever remember a download for BB 7 at 208 meg.
    04-23-12 06:10 PM
    so the mic is only affected for the AT&T user?
    any other bugs you notice?
    only at&t users thus far. not aware of anyone who upgraded to .402 on at&t and did not have some form of microphone issues. that being said, non-at&t users are having great results.

didn't notice other bugs because i only had the os for 24 hrs. can't have a phone that doesn't work as a phone....

if you have at&t, save your time and wait for the next leak. if you're on another carrier, i highly recommend .402
    BocaJuniors likes this.
    04-23-12 06:24 PM
    only at&t users thus far. not aware of anyone who upgraded to .402 on at&t and did not have some form of microphone issues. that being said, non-at&t users are having great results.

didn't notice other bugs because i only had the os for 24 hrs. can't have a phone that doesn't work as a phone....

if you have at&t, save your time and wait for the next leak. if you're on another carrier, i highly recommend .402
    I am on AT&T and have NO mic problems!!!!!! (Torch 9810)
    04-23-12 07:11 PM
    Ive been running .402 on att since the leak with no mic issues
    04-23-12 07:28 PM
    AT&T .402 and no mic problems.
    04-23-12 07:32 PM
    Just a crazy comment that I posted some time ago on someone elses thread and was thrashed.
    What bothered me about .340 and .342 was they were 208 meg downloads and all the previous 7.1 OS and this .402 is is over 240 megs. I just think some thing has to be different when the downloads are 20% bigger. I don"t ever remember a download for BB 7 at 208 meg.
    Multi language vs. all language.
    Betmen likes this.
    04-23-12 07:43 PM
    Seems pretty good so far, but i only installed yesterday, but the battery life on 3G seems better already. I used to have to switch to GPRS to save battery.

Also, anyone know how the media server works? I turned it on last night, and my TV can see it and even browse, but when I try to play a file, is says not supported.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-23-12 07:51 PM
    I am on AT&T and have NO mic problems!!!!!! (Torch 9810)
    i've been following 9900s only, can't speak for other devices

Ive been running .402 on att since the leak with no mic issues
    AT&T .402 and no mic problems.
    czar and dk, did you install with dm? wipe the device prior to upgrade? trying to find a common denominator between users that have been having mic issues and those who have not. i'm really wanting to go back to .402. thanks.
    04-23-12 08:14 PM
    Installed with app loader without wiping the device first
    trd09 likes this.
    04-23-12 08:16 PM
    thanks
    i just installed it and so far so good

but they still don't have chinese handwriting input @[email protected]...
    04-23-12 08:38 PM
    Installed this last night! Huge Improvement over the past 3 OS versions!
    I was having big battery drains on the two releases prior to .342, but all had the the terrible music player hangups.
    Anytime I would play music, the player would freeze at the end of a song or randomly during one. I would often have to do a battery pull after trying to play the next song in the playlist wouldn't work.

I was playing music all day today and it was great! Battery life was great too! Bluetooth on most of the day, bridged with my Playbook for about an hour and I still had plenty of juice!

Only thing I noticed was that I was having some issue with ram. After a few battery pulls after installing the OS and clearing the cache with Fixmo tools, my Bold 9900 is working out great!

Hope you all who have it installed are having great results with this version!
    It is certainly the new gold standard for me!
    04-23-12 08:51 PM
    .402 is the best OS I've used so far. Great battery life, especially on my 9900. It lasted me from about 11:30am to 2am, yes, am, without going to the low battery yellow color. I've not experienced the muted call bug, on either my 9900 or 9810 on Tmobile. It's OS leaks like .402 that make the wait for bb10 not seem as bad
    04-23-12 09:40 PM
116 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD