....which I didn't know. I usually just get them from Rogers since they've always been good to me. This return policy is better than Rogers and some of the other Canadian retailers that only offer 15 days. If you're on the fence or worried the wheels are going to come off of this new piece of technology then 30 days provides some happy free motoring. This seems to be more in line with what the US carriers offer.

Not sure how the rest of the service is but I guess I'm going to find out seeing how I bought one from them.
    08-19-11 10:18 PM
    If I remember correctly it is third party vendor that runs those outlets in Canada. If they have agreement to provide that level of service with Costco then I would be comfortable buying from them.
    08-19-11 10:28 PM
    Man, the things we don't have in Australia. I wish we had the return policies that the US and Canada enjoy.
    BestBuyAndrew likes this.
    08-19-11 10:29 PM
    Bought mine from Rogers, and they have a 30 day return policy.
    Maybe this is a recent change to compete.
    08-19-11 11:39 PM
    Bought mine from Rogers, and they have a 30 day return policy.
    Maybe this is a recent change to compete.
    Interesting - Rogers out here on the west coast all are 15 days that I know of - same as if you bought them direct over the phone from Rogers.
    08-19-11 11:43 PM
    double post removed.
    08-19-11 11:49 PM
    Actually, it's 90 days for wireless product returns @ Costco. The wireless boutiques are owned and run by Glentel and it's 90 days, regardless of how much time you've used on the phone, unlike most other Canadian carriers.
    08-19-11 11:52 PM
    As FBA mentioned, CostCo provides 90 days return policy for just about anything sold at their store. Except of course food. So its not 30 days, its 90.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    TyePo likes this.
    08-20-11 12:34 AM
    Here in Nanaimo it is run by Wireless Etc and it is 30 days and it doesn't depend on minutes. 90 days - that's the best deal in the history of mankind if you can return a cell phone for cash 3 months later.
    08-20-11 12:34 AM
    Rogers/Telus/Bell stores owned independently set their own policies therefore why you are seeing this variation. 30 or 90 day is a good guarantee.

I'm having random trackpad movement issue with my 9900 but because I know the dealer I'm not making fuss about it making them to replace.
    08-20-11 12:37 AM
    As FBA mentioned, CostCo provides 90 days return policy for just about anything sold at their store. Except of course food. So its not 30 days, its 90.

Seriously? That's awesome. Might have to buy all my future phones from Costco now.
    08-20-11 12:42 AM

I'll double check tomorrow and get back to you. Strange they would write 30 days on there if it was 90.
    08-20-11 12:57 AM
    I don't believe they let you buy the phones outright though, do they?
    08-20-11 01:20 AM
    its 30 minutes if you use it more than 30 minutes you can not return it to rogers or costco, if you don't use it then the return policy will be in effect. But they can check how long you used the phone from the data.

these are rogers terms.
    08-20-11 01:26 AM
    I don't believe they let you buy the phones outright though, do they?
    Yep - I did.
    08-20-11 01:33 AM
    its 30 minutes if you use it more than 30 minutes you can not return it to rogers or costco, if you don't use it then the return policy will be in effect. But they can check how long you used the phone from the data.

these are rogers terms.
    What about in a straight buy situation? Further, there is no mention of 30 minutes on the invoice - just 30 days.
    bobj66 likes this.
    08-20-11 01:35 AM
    It's this type of abuse that makes things more expensive for the rest of us.
    08-20-11 02:01 AM

these are rogers terms.
    Not so. I have returned 2 BB's to Costco in the past year...one was under a month and the other over 2 months. One was a Tour and the other a 9700...lots of minutes on both. Had zero issue, and I was told in both cases that it was a 90-day return policy no questions asked, which is the lowest period allowed at Costco. Costco has NO limit on returns on any items, except TV's, cameras, MP3 players and a few other items in consumer electronics. You can even buy a diamond ring and bring it back years later. If you check their return policy at the returns counter, it does indeed say that if you are unhappy with your purchase at any time, you may return it for full credit, with the exceptions I mentioned above. See for yourself next time you visit a Costco warehouse.
    08-20-11 09:30 AM
    Interesting - Rogers out here on the west coast all are 15 days that I know of - same as if you bought them direct over the phone from Rogers.
    I am on the west coast and it is 30 days from my local Rogers outlet, not an authorized independent. I called and double checked.
    Also this issue of 30 minutes of use wasn't an issue when i returned my first 9900 due to my OCD about the call-end button panel lifting. They never asked or checked.
    Only thing I can think of is that certain Rogers outlets are no informed of new policies, and that would not be surprising.
    08-20-11 11:10 AM
    How much is it to buy outright from costco by the way?

08-20-11 01:16 PM
    How much is it to buy outright from costco by the way?

549.50 + hst
    08-20-11 02:29 PM
    So I went into Costco here and they confirmed that it is 30 days on handsets and 90 days on accessories. I asked to speak to a Costco manager to confirm and he in fact did. He said that the independent cell companies, in this case Wireless etc, can set whatever policy they want and it doesn't have to be the same as Costco's. He said that is the same across Canada.

I also confirmed that there is no 30 minute limit when you buy outright - this only is applicable if you are on a plan.

I believe FBA that he returned it over the 30 days but I wonder if they were being sold directly by Costco rather than an independent agent .
    Last edited by mhw100; 08-20-11 at 02:42 PM.
    08-20-11 02:32 PM
    It's this type of abuse that makes things more expensive for the rest of us.
    I'm confused. What abuse do you perceive? All manufacturers have warranties for this purpose since they know that there quality control systems cannot discover 100% of all errors in the manufacturing process.

Empirical studies clearly show that reducing manufacturing errors reduce costs and increase sales. Studies also demonstrate that for the most part people do not return items for fraudulent or abusive reasons. If that was not the case manufacturers and resellers like Rogers would not be so liberal with their return policy.

Therefore it is not the return policy that make the phones more expensive, it is the lack or degree of lack of quality control.
    08-20-11 02:40 PM
    Is there a $35 activation fee if u buy the phone outright?

08-20-11 10:48 PM
    Is there a $35 activation fee if u buy the phone outright?

No just plug in your sim and go.
    08-21-11 12:11 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD