I own a 9650, having upgraded from a 9630. I like both phones, but I saw the spinnig clock/hourglass too many times. I am up for a new phone on Sprint and was looking at options.

9930 will be my default if I stick with BB. My temptation comes in the form of Android. Specifically the Motorola Photon.

Requirements met by both:
    World phones (CDMA and GSM) -this is manditory
    Provide the apps I am used to using.
    Dovetail with my office exchange server plus other private email services in one inbox.
    Internet on network and wifi.

Differences:
    Android 3.2 vs. BB 7.0
    touchscreen only vs. keyboard and touch
    Big screen vs. small
    4G vs. 3G (I am not sure about this one, is 9930 also 4G?)

I know there are a jillion apps for android, but I have found a few that I actually care about that are android but not bb. The number seems to be growing.

Please do you best to convince me I am making the wrong choice by going to Android...
    07-29-11 02:48 PM
    There is more than enough information to read here to be able to make a choice for yourself. If after ready all of these posts, you are not convinced then Android is your answer.

I suggest you get the Samsung Galaxy S2 as it is the best of the best. Has the best screen I have ever used!
    trevorcpa likes this.
    07-29-11 02:51 PM
    [insert statements here that make you want to get it]

....wait, actually, just get what meets your needs the best.

I will bring to your attention that you failed to mention battery life, is it that it isn't important, or do you not know that Android devices have issues in the battery life dept.
    07-29-11 02:54 PM
    Wait, or else.

There... did that convince you?
    07-29-11 02:55 PM
    Get a flip phone.
    07-29-11 02:57 PM
    Battery life is a concern. However, the battery life on my 9650 is not that great. Galaxy S2 has GSM? Wow! More choices.
    07-29-11 03:33 PM
    You sound like me. I couldn't take my 9650 anymore. Battery wouldn't last 6 hours & kept freezing etc. I was up for an upgrade so I went ahead and bought the Nexus S 4G to hold me off untilled the 9930 was released. Android is great, but once a Blackberry always a Blackberry.

You see iOS/iPhone is more of a "Cute Trend" apps + unnecessary things, in my opinion, something that I know wont last long. Blackberry has just always had "Just what you need" nothing more or less. People who ask for Front camera, simple buy a Playbook? iOS owners have no problem buying 3 of the same items (iPhone iTouch iPad) so I don't see what's the issue buying a PB. Just my .02

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    07-29-11 03:35 PM
    If I can't convince my dog to dookie in the neighbor's yard, how am I supposed to convinve you to get a specific device?
    07-29-11 03:52 PM
    If your a chubby chaser then wait. Ugly fat black chicks with nasty finger nails love to take pics with blackberrys! Wait for it and score some nasty big love!
    07-29-11 03:57 PM
    I'd wait and get the Bold 9930 (you have a 30 day return w/Sprint, less $35.00 restocking fee) on 08/21/11. Within 30 days you'll know if the Bold 9930 is the device for you, if not, either Sprint will have the Samsung Galaxy S II or even maybe the iphone 5 available around the end of September. I'm sure you'll be very happy with one of the three. If the Bold 9930 lives up to the hype, I'm sure that will be my choice, or the iphone 5 IF? Sprint has it available before October.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    seanoj likes this.
    07-29-11 04:44 PM
    Don't wait. Leave.

Eww, who do you think you are?
    07-29-11 04:47 PM
    Is that an order?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-11 04:48 PM
    Yes it is.

The title, "Convince me to wait for the 9930....," is an arrogant command.
    07-29-11 05:00 PM
    Don't. You're seeting yourself up for disappointment. It's OKAY to want another smartphone. Go buy one and have fun
    07-29-11 05:13 PM
    good things come to those who wait....
    07-29-11 05:58 PM
    touchscreen only vs. keyboard and touch
    If this alone doesn't convince you, BlackBerry isn't for you.
    07-29-11 08:19 PM
    I'd wait and get the Bold 9930 (you have a 30 day return w/Sprint, less $35.00 restocking fee) on 08/21/11. Within 30 days you'll know if the Bold 9930 is the device for you, if not, either Sprint will have the Samsung Galaxy S II or even maybe the iphone 5 available around the end of September. I'm sure you'll be very happy with one of the three. If the Bold 9930 lives up to the hype, I'm sure that will be my choice, or the iphone 5 IF? Sprint has it available before October.
    Excellent advice. Thanks!
    08-01-11 08:29 AM
    Convince you? Seriously? Do you need a foot massage with that?

If you don't see how much superior the new Bold is, then you're delusional.

No one needs to convince you.
    08-01-11 08:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD