With Sixtools, a great app from app world, I have an option to set the play/pause button as a conveineance key as well! Soo I have the camera button set to messages app, that way if I'm doing something on my phone I just click messages to get to all notifications, and then the play/pause as capture it. Workd great!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-11 06:03 PM
    When I get my hands on the 9900, I'll be setting my convenience key to QuickLaunch as I have on all previous Berrys I've owned.
    08-11-11 06:03 PM
    I will be leaving to camera.. if and when i ever get my 9930.
    08-11-11 07:02 PM
    I have mine set to messages. I used to have a memory card for music and so my second convenience key was to set to music. But since lost my card and broke my headphones I stopped using it. So it will be easy to transition to one convenience key which will be for messages.
    08-11-11 08:51 PM
    It just hits me, that not having Autofocus might turn out to be a Good thing!

This way the Convenience key is a Single Press Button and I might just going to use it the way I'm now using my Left Convenience Key. This is some kinda relief to me!
    08-18-11 04:17 AM
    Not sure if its been posted, but there is an app called ExtraKeys which allows you to set the volume up/down and mute keys to be 3 extra convenience keys on the homescreen! (for a total of 4). Best thing about the app is that when you need to use those keys in a call or while listening to music, etc, they go back to their normal functions.

But, to answer your initial question I have my convenience key set to CaptureIt (a screenshot app). But, as others have mentioned, QuickLaunch is another good option!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 04:20 AM
    Not sure if its been posted, but there is an app called ExtraKeys which allows you to set the volume up/down and mute keys to be 3 extra convenience keys on the homescreen! (for a total of 4). Best thing about the app is that when you need to use those keys in a call or while listening to music, etc, they go back to their normal functions.
    SixTools does the same I suppose (N.M. I now see this is from the Same developer and ExtraKeys is just a Cheaper option).

But, to answer your initial question I have my convenience key set to CaptureIt (a screenshot app). But, as others have mentioned, QuickLaunch is another good option!
    I'd have to say that Pressing my Convenience Key (which launches QuickLaunch) and S afterwards do make a Screenshot in my Case. Sounds like a Win-Win option to me.
    08-18-11 04:38 AM
    ^I didn't even know about SixTools haha. Looked at it, and other than the stuff that ExtraKeys already does, I would have no use for the other stuff.

And I guess you are right about the QL screenshot haha.
    08-18-11 04:44 AM
    Many of the applications mentioned already have very nice shortcuts on the keyboard, so I wouldn't put them on a convenience key.

Also, quicklaunch can be launched with the space bar.... so no need for wasting the quicklaunch on the convenience key.

I am using my notepad more and more for my work... it's a snappy, simple program. So I put that on my convenience key. The camera seems like a good idea, too. (although the camera just became 90% less useful for me without decent closeup capabilities.)
    and how would that work?
    i assume it goes back to normal when writing a message, otherwise that'd be impossible xD

still, i kinda wanna use my convenience key for the camera, space bar would be a great option if it could be launched from everywhere, but seeing as you need space when writing messages you can only use quicklaunch when not writing/chatting...
    so i could almost never use it xD

but some pple suggested sixtools / extrakeys... gotta take a look at them, would still imagine it'd be quite annoying to press the pause/play , volume up/down button up there everytime you gotta launch quicklaunch..
    hmn.. ._.
    Last edited by Seijuro; 08-18-11 at 05:43 AM.
    08-18-11 05:40 AM
    I have mine set to NONE!

It is way to easy to accidentally push this button
    08-18-11 05:40 AM
    it is easy to accidently push the conv key? Oo
    well i dont have the 9900 yet (cmon get released), but seeing that its almost impossible to accidently push it on the 9700, i assume its the same on the 9900 Oo
    08-18-11 05:45 AM
    it is easy to accidently push the conv key? Oo
    well i dont have the 9900 yet (cmon get released), but seeing that its almost impossible to accidently push it on the 9700, i assume its the same on the 9900 Oo
    Why would you assume that?

They are two different devices.
    08-18-11 05:51 AM
    true, i know the 9900 is bigger and all that, completely different form factor, size all that, but... the conv key on the 9900 is located on the right side as well
    i mean, cmon : P

o.o
    08-18-11 05:53 AM
    keep mine for camera. Just got sixtools going to try it out
    08-18-11 06:12 AM
    just tried extrakeys out, really nice
    gonna try sixtools later

with these apps, i can just use my conv key for camera and still use quicklaunch +2 others for volume up down + play/mute button
    really great !!
    08-18-11 06:44 AM
    I left mine as camera but I also have 6 Tools so I have 3 extra convenience keys.
    08-18-11 08:13 AM
    Thanks for recommending extrakeys.... Gonna load this onto my 9900 later
    08-18-11 08:18 AM
    Mine will be Camera when I get it.
    08-18-11 08:20 AM
    Mine will be Camera when I get it.
    yup thought so too, and it will be
    but now i know that i'll buy sixtools / extrakeys (which uses more battery life?)
    that way i have 4 convenience keys, the main for camera, 1 for quicklaunch... and the other 2, idk... maybe for the 2 apps i use the most or for smth else, we'll see
    08-18-11 09:27 AM
    Set it to security wipe your handset.
    JeffN4321 likes this.
    08-18-11 09:49 AM
    I have Keybooster for the convenience key (3 applications can be run from one convenience key) and Mediakeybooster for media keys (4 applications for each media key).

Both of those apps can either launch shortcutme or directly launch a shortcut in shortcutme.

I have a macro in shortcutme that takes 3 pictures. When the camera app is open I click the mute key twice and mediakeybooster + shortcutme takes 3 pictures after 10 seconds
    08-18-11 11:52 AM
    Mine is set to pw lock
    08-18-11 11:53 AM
    I have mine set to my inbox, it's awesome to do something like surf a website, have your phone alert you for a new message, hit the button and have your messages on the screen, read it, then go back to your webpage(or whatever you were doing) and continue. Saves me a ton of time and steps.

I use to always have it on camera, but I don't use my camera as much as I view my inbox.
    08-18-11 11:57 AM
    i left mine on camera, and picked up SixTools to set QuickLaunch to volume down,
    08-18-11 12:14 PM
    I set camera and video camera (flashlight) to up and down using SixTools however the buttons still activate when the phone is locked and in my pocket. Anyone else having this issue? I keep pulling my phone out of my pocket with the flash on bright...
    08-20-11 05:55 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD