Ive had my new bb9900 about two weeks. And tonight i have to use my iphone 3gs ..

Earlier i got an alert to update my evernote app, which i did. Afterwards given the option to reboot now or later. I chose 'now' and two hours later its still stuck on the same cycle of rebooting over and over and over.. As a reboot ends it goes to a black screen with a really little icon in the corner, red l.e.d comes on then reboots again

Ive tried pulling the battery twice, when put back in goes staight back into rebooting.

Tried plugging into the computer it tells me on the desktop manager software to reconnect after reboot or something along them lines..

Pretty sad/angry, any ideas what to do..?
    11-08-11 04:59 PM
    If you search the forums you'll find 9900 bricking is an issue. Cause is unknown. Solution is unknown at this time.

Exchange your device with your carrier.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    11-08-11 05:02 PM
    Dales I am currently having the same problem with my 9930. I've had it since launch on August 15. I've tried everything to get this thing going and it's not budging.

I called up Verizon and they agreed to overnight me one for tomorrow. I'm hoping they have done something with the hardware and have newer revisions so this doesn't happen again in the future. If you can't get yours to work I recommend you do the same.

Good luck and I hope this doesn't happen to you or anyone else in the future. I hope RIM is responding to this and getting better devices out there.
    11-08-11 05:08 PM
    Id heard about the bricking but didnt realise this is what it was, so if thats the case ill probaly skip getting another and try pay extra or something to get a new iphone or something.. Quite sad, i really enjoyed the keyboard for the short weeks i had it..
    11-08-11 05:14 PM
    It does suck but hopefully it will be resolved soon. You can always go back to your old BlackBerry until the 9900 issue is resolved!
    11-08-11 05:24 PM
    your old BlackBerry until the 9900 issue is resolved!
    this was my first bb, not a nice way to start after less than two weeks
    11-08-11 06:57 PM
    this was my first bb, not a nice way to start after less than two weeks
    just curious what carrier are you on?
    11-08-11 07:02 PM
    just curious what carrier are you on?
    Orange in the uk
    11-08-11 07:11 PM
    i used JL_CMDER and it fixed my booting loop issue. hope this helps...
    bcuffy likes this.
    11-09-11 12:38 AM
    Try another battery

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-11 01:48 AM
    Id heard about the bricking but didnt realise this is what it was, so if thats the case ill probaly skip getting another and try pay extra or something to get a new iphone or something.. Quite sad, i really enjoyed the keyboard for the short weeks i had it..
    Can you post up the PRD and Model # from under your battery? I'm curious if there's a pattern of these and there has been a revision.

My defected unit is

PRD-39474-001
    Model: RDU71CW

I will get a replacement device tomorrow and compare.

Thanks
    11-09-11 01:51 AM
    Prd. 39472-001
    Model. Rdv71uw

Orange are going to replace it, but its out of stock till next week. Goodjob my old iphone wont let me down till then :-\
    11-09-11 07:35 AM
    My good news is I rang up Orange today on the off chance they would be back in stock, previously they told me to ring on Monday. And it is, so it's being couriered out overnight and shall be here in the morning. Hopefully it lasts longer than 2 weeks this time, but I am slightly apprehensive, I love the phone but until theres a real fix for this I dont want the stress of having to ring up to get it replaced :-/

Has there been any acknowledgement from RIM of the issue?
    11-11-11 03:03 PM
    Glad your phone is on the way! I understand the stress you are going through! Had the same thing happen with my 9630. Spontaneous brick threat always made me nervous. Happened twice.

No, no word from RIM on the bricking/nuking issue.
    11-11-11 03:08 PM
    On the positive side for Rim, originally when I rang up the customer service at orange said they'd sold a ton more than they had expected to, hence the stock shortage.
    11-11-11 05:14 PM
    yeah, their sales figures are way higher than expected - as they did not expect to have to re-sell the same unit multiple times before the customer would have a device which worked for more than 30 days!
    11-12-11 04:04 PM
    By finding out the hard way on my own new 9930 since I have had since it came out I made the mistake of DL"ing an app that had a corrupted .cod file and I needed to use BBSAK to remove all the .cod files associated with the app and of course deleting the app which returned my BB to normal so you might try that. It is quite easy but there are other hardware issues going on because too many people are getting bricked 9900/9930 devices. I am glad I am not one of them.

If you cannot resolve it, then use your warranty with your carrier to exchange it.
    11-12-11 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD