Everytime I try and use wikitude it makes me "tune up" my compass. I do it, it vibrates, then the app works for a minute thenit wants me to calibrate again. Same issue next time I go into the app. Why??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-11 07:50 AM
    me too i have the same thing
    happen
    08-14-11 09:25 AM
    It asks me to calibrate the compass each time I put it on. But thereafter it's OK.
    Still irritating though.
    08-14-11 07:22 PM
    if you calibrate then you can always opt not to do it right after, most of the bearings and information will have been updated.
    08-14-11 07:47 PM
    I'm baffled with this issue as well. It asks me to do it way too often.
    08-19-11 11:54 PM
    I know this is an old post, but this still seems to be a major issue. I am constantly having to calibrate the compass. Because of this, I do not use the Wikitude app.

How many of you use the Wikitude app on a regular basis?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-11 11:42 AM
    I use it all the time.

I think the reason why it asks to be setup is to make sure info is accurate..Just like any GPS application it always has to boot up the bearings and make sure all is well.
    11-27-11 06:28 PM
    Are you folks using a case with your BB like the OEM Pocket Pouch or holster? I know these OEM cases have the magnet inside that puts the BB to sleep. The magnet could be/is messing with the calibration of the compass.

I have the OEM Pocket Pouch and this happens to me all the time.
    11-27-11 07:04 PM
    It asks for it if you have a case on or not.
    11-27-11 07:22 PM
    I use it all the time.

I think the reason why it asks to be setup is to make sure info is accurate..Just like any GPS application it always has to boot up the bearings and make sure all is well.
    iphones don't seem to have this problem
    11-27-11 08:04 PM
    I personally feel a little silly standing there twisting my phone around in a number eight pattern everytime I want to use the app.
    11-28-11 09:15 AM
    I personally feel a little silly standing there twisting my phone around in a number eight pattern everytime I want to use the app.

+1... It's extremely irritating when you're trying to show someone how cool your new 9900 is and you have to tell them "hold on a second, I need to twirl my phone around first but then it becomes cool, I promise". Haha

Zachary Wickliffe
    11-28-11 09:23 AM
    Just hit the back button. It will function well enough to show off, but display "calibration required." You can furtively calibrate it later.
    11-28-11 10:19 AM
    I had that problem but it seemed to go away two OS updates ago. Now I only get the calibrate request every 4 or 5 wikitude uses. I can live with that. Also, the OS upgrades seemed to shorten the calibration process. Now I only have to flip the phone 2 or three times.
    11-28-11 10:43 AM
    This has got to be the worst digital compass available... The iOS folk are probably having a blast with this.
    travaz likes this.
    01-07-12 08:24 AM
    It sure is a pain. I used to twirl my bb in a figure of eight. I watched a crackberry video about it and he showed that you just had to flip it in all different directions in your hands.

Its easier and makes you look less of a wally if in public.

I do get annoyed with the constant calibrations though but do understand that the compass does need to be acurate.
    01-07-12 08:38 AM
    I actually use the thing, but rarely enough that a calibration is required every time I do. True, it is a cruel practical joke, but it pales in comparison to some of their other engineering "masterpieces."
    01-07-12 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD