How do I connect my new 9930 to my car stereo? I have a nissan mureno with no aux output or any other for that matter.
    09-19-11 02:57 PM
    You need a stereo that has a USB input. The last stereo (CD) player I bought my wife has an input, and we use it ALL THE TIME !!! It works great !!
    09-19-11 03:01 PM
    You need a stereo that has a USB input. The last stereo (CD) player I bought my wife has an input, and we use it ALL THE TIME !!! It works great !!
    Does the 9930 play music through usb now? I remember my Storm 2 didn't.

Edit: I have an Alpine stereo with a USB and AUX input. I just tested it and USB does NOT work for usb music streaming. I use a thumb drive for that.

However, you CAN listen to music through the AUX input. Unfortunately, you can't charge your BB simultaneously like USB can. But the audio quality is great. Another alternative I've tested is BlueTooth (if your stereo supports it) but it's audio quality seems hindered and it wastes a good amount of battery.

So I suggest you get a new head unit, preferably alpine, kenmore, or panasonic. I had a Sony that I bought and installed myself for $99 and it wasn't too bad. My new Alpine is better imo though. But without that AUX input you're out of luck unfortunately.

Some stereos have the AUX input in the back but you have to actually take it out sometimes to see. If that is the case with yours you can attach an AUX cable and let it hang out somewhere so you can always access it. AUX is good because it's universal and it works with any standard 3.5mm device.
    Last edited by UrbanGlowCam; 09-19-11 at 03:37 PM.
    09-19-11 03:02 PM
    Depends how attached you are to your head unit. I didn't want to lose my factory 5 disc in dash changer so I added an after market aux cable from www.pie.net Or you can replace the entire head as Cam suggested.
    09-19-11 03:48 PM
    I use bluetooth in my car. It sounds better than the line in. I always charge it while I'm in the car, so battery drain isn't an issue.
    09-19-11 03:52 PM
    Edit: I have an Alpine stereo with a USB and AUX input. I just tested it and USB does NOT work for usb music streaming. I use a thumb drive for that.
    Interesting...

I have a Pioneer head unit, probably 3 years old or so (I think even more). It has a USB input on it that is supposedly for an iPod (works really good for that). I was able to plug my old 9650 into it and listen to any song on my phone, you could navigate through all the folders and such, it charged it too.

I don't spend a whole lot of time in my car, so I haven't tried it yet, but I'll give my 9930 a go at it the next time I think about it...

BTW, IMO Kenmore has got to be one of the worst brands for car stereo equipment. Buy a washer or dryer if you want a Kenmore product.
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    09-19-11 04:29 PM
    Interesting...

I have a Pioneer head unit, probably 3 years old or so (I think even more). It has a USB input on it that is supposedly for an iPod (works really good for that). I was able to plug my old 9650 into it and listen to any song on my phone, you could navigate through all the folders and such, it charged it too.

I don't spend a whole lot of time in my car, so I haven't tried it yet, but I'll give my 9930 a go at it the next time I think about it...

BTW, IMO Kenmore has got to be one of the worst brands for car stereo equipment. Buy a washer or dryer if you want a Kenmore product.
    Really? Then I stand corrected. Maybe Alpine only supports iPod. If you could show pictures of this etc. that would be great. Thanks.

Edit: Are you using a micro sd card? I wonder if your head unit sees what is on your internal storage or micro sd?
    Last edited by UrbanGlowCam; 09-19-11 at 04:49 PM.
    09-19-11 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD