I got my 9900 from AT&T on Nov 6. It is running OS 7.0.0.440(1950).

I have been having connection issues. It says I have 4G, the BB symbol is always there, and I have a few bars of wifi. Sometimes it works great! But then sometimes my internet stops working.
    My BBMs stop sending, and I cannot surf the web. This notice comes up when I'm in the BB browser: "Unable to find the requested server." Other internet requiring apps say they have timed out.
    ALL while it says I have full carrier service AND wifi.
    Battery pull fixes it temporarily (like for 5 minutes...)

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem? Does it sound like an OS or SIM card issue?
    Should I exchange my phone for another 9900 before my allowed exchange time is up? (Dec 6)

((I didn't want to update the OS, in case I decide to exchange my phone because of this issue.))
    11-25-11 07:10 PM
    Go to your carrier.
    11-25-11 10:41 PM
    talk to your carrier, let them try to fix it. If they can't tell them to replace it while you still can.
    11-25-11 10:57 PM
    Go to your carrier.
    i think this is poor advice as it probably wont solve anything.

this happens to me sometimes when im connected to weak or unreliable wifi networks. to test this, try turning wifi off and see if it helps. if the problems are gone, i would troubleshoot your router or modem. ive noticed that sometimes im connected to my home router just fine but i get all of the same errors. i walk to the other room and see my cable modem is out. so even though my wifi signal is great, the modem connection is down. and since it defaults all connections through the router, i lose internet. my guess is you have a weak connection or the issue lies with your router/modem.

feel free to upgrade the OS, as it doesnt void your warranty should you need to replace the phone under warranty.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-25-11 11:11 PM
    Thanks for the replies!
    It is not a carrier issue because I ran my 9700 the exact same way for 2 years and never had a problem.
    Even if the wifi connection is weak, shouldn't it just draw internet through the carrier's network? I just don't understand how my 9700 could run both simultaneously without problems, but a newer Bold won't...
    And really, upgrading to a leaked OS does not void warranty?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-11 12:43 AM
    Thanks for the replies!
    It is not a carrier issue because I ran my 9700 the exact same way for 2 years and never had a problem.
    Even if the wifi connection is weak, shouldn't it just draw internet through the carrier's network? I just don't understand how my 9700 could run both simultaneously without problems, but a newer Bold won't...
    And really, upgrading to a leaked OS does not void warranty?

if you are connected to a router and the phone is set up to default all data over wifi when available, it will continue to try to do so even if the cable modem isnt working. like i said, my modem was out, and i was still showing full connection but no internet access. the phone "assumes" it has wifi working perfectly just because its connected to the router. since it thinks wifi is working, it doesnt fall back to the cell network for data.
    again, try turning wifi off and see if everything works. maybe try deleting your wifi profile and set it up again. whats your wifi signal strength? when im outside connected to Comcast hotspots, if the signal falls week which does happen in some areas of the town, i get the same problems you are describing. at best case, its just extremely slow loading or delayed BBMs. im telling you, sounds like there is an issue with your router or network connection.
    and yes, OS doesnt void your warranty.
    dblaze likes this.
    11-26-11 01:55 AM
    if you are connected to a router and the phone is set up to default all data over wifi when available, it will continue to try to do so even if the cable modem isnt working. like i said, my modem was out, and i was still showing full connection but no internet access. the phone "assumes" it has wifi working perfectly just because its connected to the router. since it thinks wifi is working, it doesnt fall back to the cell network for data.
    again, try turning wifi off and see if everything works. maybe try deleting your wifi profile and set it up again. whats your wifi signal strength? when im outside connected to Comcast hotspots, if the signal falls week which does happen in some areas of the town, i get the same problems you are describing. at best case, its just extremely slow loading or delayed BBMs. im telling you, sounds like there is an issue with your router or network connection.
    I have had wifi off for a day and everything seems to be working... When on, the wifi signal strength was not very high, one or 2 bars. I see that now it can't even find the network... Strange that my 9900 is having issues but my 9700 isn't.
    Is there some way to change the options so that it will run through both, and not just the wifi?

Last edited by mewjet18; 11-26-11 at 11:11 AM.
    11-26-11 11:07 AM
    Mate,
    Go to your carrier and change your sim card.
    I had the same issue with 9900. Before i had a 9700. For what reason, i don't know but changing the sim card solved my problem. Try this first and tell us if it worked.

11-26-11 03:42 PM
    Mate,
    Go to your carrier and change your sim card.
    I had the same issue with 9900. Before i had a 9700. For what reason, i don't know but changing the sim card solved my problem. Try this first and tell us if it worked.

Ok thanks, I'll get a new SIM card on Monday.

11-26-11 04:38 PM
    I think you all were right about the wifi. Weak connection. But what I don't understand is why it worked perfectly on my 9700 for two years, but will not work on my 9900. It is the exact same strength as before, and I never had problems.

I got a new SIM card today, but now my BBMs won't send... The checkmark comes up, but there is no D or R next to it. No clue why.

Edit: Turns out BBMs will not send to only one friend, so the problem must not be on my side.
    Still struggling with the wifi, but I'm content to run it on 4G/3G

Last edited by mewjet18; 11-30-11 at 10:37 PM.
    11-30-11 10:24 PM
    WOOOT!!
    This worked for me thanks.
    OP thanks for making the thread and pointing me here LOL any updates on yours?
    Last edited by dblaze; 11-30-11 at 10:31 PM. Reason: just saw your post... do a battery pull
    11-30-11 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD