While in my holster I felt my phone vibrate. When I pulledit out to my suprise it was resetting and no wallpaper pic. Once it turned on I realized it completly erased EVERYTHING except a few apps I installed that I had to reregister, all my contact, calander, memo's, email accounts... I go into email set up and the accounts r there but I have to reregiater, and now it won't show 2 icons for diff emails! This is very frustrating!! Has it happened to anyone else?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-11 04:21 PM
    That's very strange was the phone unlocked in your holster? To do a wipe you have to type the word "blackberry". I have never heard of this happening.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-15-11 05:14 PM
    i had a similar event occur, only it didnt involve the holster. i was using my 9930 as i normally would and it was being slow as **** like it usually always is now as soon as my return window is up. so i was playing with app world and the slowness became unbearable, so i go to do a soft reset. it boots back up and gives me a JVM error reload OS. so it was about 2am, had school in the morn, and had to stay up for a couple more hours trying to fix this POS since i wouldnt have time in the AM.

after it reloaded my OS and lost all my info (google sync ive found never updates automatically and only restores my contact list from a year ago) i found that it decided not to load any IMAP support, so it wouldnt let me recieve any email. back to DM. loaded it up and now its working again. but i see absolutely no reason that this would have happened, or should have happened. i got this phone and loved it, but ive come to discover that lik every blackberry thats come before it, it only works as it should WITHOUT ANY ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE. i have my suite of apps ive purchased that i find myself now not using because i cant without dealing with endless hangups (yay for the spinning clock! love seeing that on my new 1.2ghz processor device! thanks RIM) its quite pathetic really. i want to be a RIM fan, i truly do, and i am totally hooked on my BBm and my status LED but its like really? i mean RIM you make this big deal about os7, its jsut os6 with a new resolution for one, but the fact that within a month ive already had a JVM error, lost all my data and hald my paid apps do nothing but slow the device down? so much for quicklaunch meterberry and wikitude! hello spinning clock and battery pulls!

starting to get pretty dissapointed , ya its nicer than my 9650 but im already bored and its been less than a month since i spent 50$ more than i would have for an iphone on this thing. it works as it should about 80% of the time but the rest is hang ups , batt pulls, and frozen touch screen. at least once a day i find myself having to hold the power button til it turns off to escape a frozen application.

my only theory is that bbm music is the culprit since its still beta, but even if thats the case, then damn RIM, thats sad. this is ur new killer app and it cant even run efficiently on ur flagship device? not to mention it wasnt even ready on launch, and still isnt!!?

i mean really..i want to be a RIM fan, i do, i stick up for em all the time. everyone that i know who used to have a bb is slowing going android and ios, and i always stick up for my BB when they hate on it being ancient and out of touch, but its starting to really be hard to defend. like really.
    Last edited by DarshOne; 09-15-11 at 06:03 PM.
    09-15-11 05:58 PM
    Just wipe the device again and restore everything from your most recent back up. Done.
    09-15-11 07:02 PM
    i have it password locked but i didnt enable it when i put it in.
    darsh_ a agree with you 100%, i do a battery pull almost everyday, and limit my app use.
    i did a restore but lost the contacts i have gottn and calander updats the past 3 weeks. Very fustrating from a brand new phone!
    09-15-11 08:05 PM
    I am not having these issues I would the device under warranty for sure. I will admit that android has RIM beat as far as how smooth a device runs.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-15-11 08:56 PM
    Sorry to hear that Brian. If I have trouble wirelessly synchronizing calendar/contacts I just delete my e-mail addresses from my bis settings and reload them on. It starts them back up fresh and usually automatically restores everything that way. Sometimes logging in from bbid initially just doesn't do the trick right away.

Hope that answered your question and good luck getting it going again.

09-15-11 09:00 PM
    This phone is seriously an absolulte and utter joke. I've don't 3 battery pulls in an hour and deleted almost every application and its still dropping to 1x and freezing on every text message received. Also I've noticed that using the today screen is now pointless as it displays a new message but when u open it it shows the coversationg from before u got the new message. So tight I can open a new sms and be greeted with a coversationg that doesn't include it. **** man no wonder RIM's in the toilet. I'm over this **** and want my money back.

09-16-11 12:08 AM
    This phone is seriously an absolulte and utter joke. I've don't 3 battery pulls in an hour and deleted almost every application and its still dropping to 1x and freezing on every text message received. Also I've noticed that using the today screen is now pointless as it displays a new message but when u open it it shows the coversationg from before u got the new message. So tight I can open a new sms and be greeted with a coversationg that doesn't include it. **** man no wonder RIM's in the toilet. I'm over this **** and want my money back.
    How does deleting applications improve your signal? That has nothing to do with your 1x signal. You need to calm down and exchange the phone if there is a hardware issue. Otherwise try reloading the OS because the software could be installed poorly.

I have no signal issue whatsoever with mine. Make sure your area even gets decent signal.
    09-16-11 02:12 AM
    i did a restore but lost the contacts i have gottn and calander updats the past 3 weeks. Very fustrating from a brand new phone!
    Sorry to hear that. Very frustrating indeed. However, 3 weeks is quite a bit of time to not perform any current backups if you're actively making additions to your device. For future reference I would recommend at least once or twice per week. Especially if you are constantly making additions. It will keep you current without much data loss at all.
    09-16-11 04:29 AM
    just had the same happen with my 4 day old touch torch. was looking at wikitude app, phone crashed, then a white screen to reset, and now everything is gone. i have not been having luck with this phone! when it works, it's great, when it has a problem, it's really, rally a bad problem!
    09-30-11 05:25 PM
    just had the same happen with my 4 day old touch torch. was looking at wikitude app, phone crashed, then a white screen to reset, and now everything is gone. i have not been having luck with this phone! when it works, it's great, when it has a problem, it's really, rally a bad problem!
    I had this same reset wipe happen at work (no DM available). All data is gone and Blackberry Protect doesn't work. Tried deleting BP and reinstalling, error-can't do it. Can't even open Options, same error.

One thing strange is that I have 2 clocks on my Home screen. My time setting was changed after the wipe. I tried to correct it, but only the smaller clock shows the correct time. The bigger clock shows a different time and can't be changed. The smaller clock also has a Home icon in it.

This really sucks to be forced to have a wiped phone until I get back home to my PC.

10-10-11 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD