i dont get it, i did a factory reset on my phone ( they had opened up the box at rogers and played with the phone )

and now i cant find the compass app

any ideas?
    08-18-11 11:15 AM
    its under applications
    08-18-11 11:18 AM
    checked already not there

08-18-11 11:34 AM
    Can you see it in Blackberry Options /application management?
    08-18-11 11:40 AM

connect it to a PC and load it manually?
    have you also used the search feature to find it?
    08-18-11 11:41 AM
    Did you try to do a universal search?
    08-18-11 11:43 AM
    Yup checked everywhere. Tried search. Checked options. Its no where to be found. And that was one of the apps I really wanted lolllll. Loving the rest of the phone but I want my app back

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 01:00 PM
    I was about to create a post about the exact same issue. I did a factory reset on my bold now the compass is MIA! Can't load it through application loader either, the option is not there. Anybody have any ideas of how to get it back?
    08-18-11 01:18 PM
    that is odd.
    can anyone pull it and make it an OTA?
    08-18-11 01:24 PM
    Ran into this myself. Compass missing after wipe.

The fix:
    Back up your device.
    Go to blackberry.com and download the device software for your carrier.
    Install that and use applications tab in DM or loader.exe to reload the OS onto your BB. That will bring back the compass.

In addition, the applications tab in DM doesn't seem to be populating the list of all apps on the BB; only third-party apps display. Installing the OS on your computer also fixes this so you'll be able to add/remove languages and other apps, etc.

A
    08-18-11 01:50 PM
    had the same problem...i uploaded through bb website and then up loaded from desk top manager to my bold, it backed it up and restore everything and the compass was there...im with rogers!!!
    08-18-11 01:56 PM
    Same here. Rogers also. That's weird. I'm a mac user tho. Can't download the os from rim site. Does it off the dm. So I just do a factory restore? Fml lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 03:51 PM
    i used my pc laptop cause my mac desktop didnt work...but i heard theres a update for desktop manager for macs...maybe it will work now
    08-18-11 07:24 PM
    Why would anyone need a compass on a BB? We never had one before,,,and now you're all crying over the loss of it? Are you all girl scouts learning how to navigate through the woods with a BlackBerry that you need a ******* compass?
    08-18-11 08:04 PM
    i just want it cause its available on the bold..i would probably only use it in the woods anyways
    08-18-11 08:07 PM
    the only time i use it is when i open Wikitude but then it keeps asking me to calibrate for some reason.
    08-18-11 08:11 PM
    ya same here....
    08-18-11 08:14 PM
    Why would anyone need a compass on a BB? We never had one before,,,and now you're all crying over the loss of it? Are you all girl scouts learning how to navigate through the woods with a BlackBerry that you need a ******* compass?
    I went geocaching with a friend today (first time) and used the compass and a third party app (Waypoint something or other).

Came in really handy (or at least something to play with). Would also come in handy if you are doing trails or something in the woods as you don't need a wireless connection for it to work. So, yes, while it is a 'new' feature, it is something that will get some use... at least for some people.
    08-18-11 09:36 PM
    Use a Garmin for geo-caching...not a 9900.
    08-18-11 11:53 PM
    im a realtor my clients sometimes wanna know where the son rises..... i do like to have the feature i paid for.....
    08-21-11 11:37 AM
    If you want to find directions, or when the sun rises just use BB maps or Google Maps.

Sun rises in the east and sets in the west. The rest you can figure out hopefully ;-)

Btw my son rises in his bed........
    08-21-11 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD