I love iOS. I love my mac. I had a love/hate relationship with my torch 9800. I loved AT&T's data service.

My company is moving everyone (that has their service paid for from company) from Sprint/AT&T service to Verizon service. I was pretty happy, because I experienced a lot of dropped calls on AT&T, and in my job dropped calls are bad business.

My options: iPhone (16/32/64gb), Moto Droid X, BlackBerry 9930 (w or w/o camera).

My wife uses the iPhone 4S on Verizon. I spent a week with it, works wonderfully, a ton of apps, no battery pulls necessary. Just a nice device overall.

I have no interest in Android.

I went to the Verizon store, used a 9930, and took the plunge.

Absolutely best choice I have made in quite a while. I travel with an iPad2 and having that paired with the 9930 gives me ultimate flexibility. I have the best keyboard ever, rapid tweeting, email, IM, SMS via the BlackBerry and the iPad for other apps that I don't need for business. I was quite concerned reading all of the problems here, but I've had no issues, love the keyboard & touchscreen, love how slim it is, just overall a perfect device for me.

As for Verizon's service, um, not really impressed. Maybe all of the recent iPhone activations are causing some issues, but network has been slow and dropped a number of calls (more frequent than ATT) in the last 2 weeks. I'm sure the volume of devices and their focus on LTE is causing some of this, so hopefully will sort itself out.

Anyway, if you are thinking of going to iPhone and/or Droid, spend some time with the 99xx first.
    drum, gwzach, lkveggie and 2 others like this.
    01-13-12 09:22 AM
    I have the exact same setup. My iPad2 is a Verizon 3G and there is not much buffering when streaming video clips. Also have a PlayBook but found the direct 3G connection over the iPad2 to be much better than trying to go thru the BlackBerry Bridge.
    01-13-12 09:35 AM
    Same setup. 9900 + iPad 2 loving it
    01-13-12 09:47 AM
    Ditto on that. AT&T iPad 2 and a Verizon 9930 ensures that I have access to my computer and e-mails wherever I am.
    01-13-12 11:50 AM
    Same here:
    After iPhone 3Gs, iPhone 4, decided to go back to BB (9900) and pair it with an iPad 2, for everything else (not professional).
    Best combo I've had.

FB
    01-14-12 01:16 PM
    My wife uses the iPhone 4S on Verizon. I spent a week with it, works wonderfully, a ton of apps, no battery pulls necessary.
    And how do you do a battery pull on an iPhone? :P
    01-14-12 01:22 PM
    Easy....
    There might be some app for this too.
    ....iPull....
    01-14-12 01:56 PM

http://m.wikihow.com/Hard-Reset-an-iPhone

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-14-12 05:55 PM
    So so used to my BB world - I meant a 'hard' reset.

Love seeing my co-worker frustrated with the virtual keys and not having bb travel or conference, typing an email while stating "BlackBerry is just too damn slow" I told him don't bother sending, I already replied by the time you typed the subject.
    01-23-12 04:57 PM
    Haha glad ur enjoying the phone so much. I personally have the 9900 along with a pb and am loving this combo. Looked into an ipad2 but I just don't like the size of it. To each his own right!
    01-24-12 01:20 AM
    finally, someone that enjoys the same phone that i enjoy.

the fact of the matter is this: if you have a laptop and/or an iPad, there is absolutely no aesthetically pleasing reason to carry around an iPhone. I know the iPhone is .03 inches shorter than 9930, but the iPhone does not fit comfortably in my pocket.

and anyone on a bb can out-type an iphone user. (if you're thinking of quoting me and saying 'no way, that is not true', you shouldn't be a registered user) i've gotten so used to typing on my blackberry after all of these years, i've begun to hit my mac's spacebar twice - expecting a period to appear...
    Last edited by kaznaaa; 01-30-12 at 12:47 PM.
    shemaree09 likes this.
    01-24-12 11:19 AM
    " i've gotten so used to typing on my blackberry after all of these years, i've begun to hit my mac's spacebar twice - expecting a period to appear..."

Love this and I do it all the time. Also found myself holding down a letter key to capitalize it . Even more so when using my PB. Dang I hope they fix the keyboard on that thing. Oh wait next month I can use my 9930's keyboard, never mind
    Last edited by axllebeer; 01-24-12 at 01:27 PM.
    01-24-12 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD