Last year I kept saying that I'll buy the 9930 when price drops to around $100 or so. Coincidentally, this week I got a special promo in the mail from sprint.. I can upgrade to the 9930 for $99. I already have it reserved at the store and ready to pick up this Friday.

However, this year, Sprint is also going to raise my plan by another $10/month if I upgrade. So that is making the decision harder. I really wanted the 9930 but now that sprint will make me pay a premium for a 2 yr old device really makes me mad. An extra $10/month isn't much but it adds up when you have 4 lines..

Even if I activate my vintage Motorola Startac, they said that my plan will still go up $10/month. Sorry I'm getting off topic.. So basically, I'd rather pay a premium for something new, how much longer do I need to wait for the "QNX" devices? The 9630 I'm using is getting extremely old and annoying.. Or is the 9930 worth all this hassle..
    Last edited by ruby04; 03-01-12 at 06:06 PM.
    03-01-12 05:56 PM
    I have the bold on verizon and could not be happier remember no matter when you buy a new device there will always be a better model being release around the corner.
    If your happy with you 9630 you will be surprised how nice the new bold performs and the keyboard is awesome.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-01-12 06:25 PM
    Supposedly the bb10 devices won't be released until later this year at the earliest. I've had my 9930 for a couple weeks and It's great, it's the best bb that I owned. The keyboard/touchscreen combo is worth it by itself.
    03-01-12 06:32 PM
    If your happy with you 9630 you will be surprised how nice the new bold performs and the keyboard is awesome.
    Good to hear you are happy with it, that seems to be the general consensus from what I read. A few battery complaints is all I really hear.

I like the 9630 except for the trackball which hasn't worked well since day one. Not being able to navigate through my phone easily ruins the whole experience for me. I'm hoping the trackpad/touchscreen combo on the 9930 will solve that problem.

I guess the answer is to just get it.. that extra $10/month data charge is really bugging me out though.. I hate giving in to this extra monthly fee crap. I'd be all over this upgrade if it wasn't for that. Then with my luck, when I'm able to upgrade to a qnx device, sprint will probably raise fees again.
    03-01-12 07:09 PM
    i was holding on to my 9650 for the same reasons...my biggest reason for keeping my 9650 was the fantastic extended battery (that sedio battery was a champ, rim is dumb for not releasing their codes so we could get something similar for the 9930).

HOWEVER....i know they keep saying late 2012 for the bb10 devices but it just seems like that isn't going to happen. no leaked photos, no "caught in the wild" pics etc....so i was done waiting. and i couldn't be happier with the 9930

im actually quite surprised at how much i used the touch screen, it's works perfectly. i was skeptical about the size compared to my 9650 BUT the 9930 is bigger yet it actually feels SMALLER.

two small complaints....battery strength (duh) but i knew that when i bought it - i plug it in the car charger when ever i'm in the car and sometimes when i get home from work i'll throw it on the charger will cook/eat dinner....so it's bearable and you can work around it, just not desireable....2nd small complaint is the noise level of the keyboard - 9650 was virtually silent, the 9930 is more clicky, almost curvish sounding

hands down tho the best bb i've ever had, and this would be my 6th....i go all the way back to the 7130
    jaydee5799 and mileaway like this.
    03-01-12 07:30 PM
    I bought a 9930 two days ago and I'm loving it. I switched from a Galaxy Nexus (still have it and use it on WiFi for some things). This phone is very fast and responsive. I think once the new os comes out RIM will get some customers back that it lost during the past two years.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-01-12 07:33 PM
    Know exactly how you feel about that $10 charge as I got smacked with it a month ago. That said, I absolutely love my 9930 and have serious doubts as to the release date of the BB10 phones. I have no regrets. And I actually like the clicky sound of the keyboard.
    03-01-12 09:09 PM
    I also got the Sprint promotion today but I will wait till the BB10 comes out hopefully the end of the year. My 9650 still works great although the web stinks but then I have my PlayBook
    03-01-12 09:24 PM
    I also got the Sprint promotion today but I will wait till the BB10 comes out hopefully the end of the year. My 9650 still works great although the web stinks but then I have my PlayBook
    I like BB10^^ I'll wait it. BB10 is best

Last edited by jewel86; 03-01-12 at 10:09 PM.
    03-01-12 10:00 PM
    No use waiting. I expect the first os10 device to be something like playbook os 1.0. So, let the people whose contract expiery coincides with the release of os10 get the 1.0. You get the 2nd revision of os10.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    03-01-12 10:26 PM
    i was holding on to my 9650 for the same reasons...my biggest reason for keeping my 9650 was the fantastic extended battery (that sedio battery was a champ, rim is dumb for not releasing their codes so we could get something similar for the 9930).

HOWEVER....i know they keep saying late 2012 for the bb10 devices but it just seems like that isn't going to happen. no leaked photos, no "caught in the wild" pics etc....so i was done waiting. and i couldn't be happier with the 9930

im actually quite surprised at how much i used the touch screen, it's works perfectly. i was skeptical about the size compared to my 9650 BUT the 9930 is bigger yet it actually feels SMALLER.

two small complaints....battery strength (duh) but i knew that when i bought it - i plug it in the car charger when ever i'm in the car and sometimes when i get home from work i'll throw it on the charger will cook/eat dinner....so it's bearable and you can work around it, just not desireable....2nd small complaint is the noise level of the keyboard - 9650 was virtually silent, the 9930 is more clicky, almost curvish sounding

hands down tho the best bb i've ever had, and this would be my 6th....i go all the way back to the 7130
    This is exactly what I was going to say!!!
    The 9930 is a dream ESPECIALLY if the OP loves his 9630!!!
    This is such a fantastic device. Don't hesitate! Jump on it!!!
    mileaway likes this.
    03-02-12 08:56 AM
    Don't buy this model. The battery is pure crap!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    03-02-12 09:11 AM

I haven't found it to be as you described. Maybe you are leaving apps opened? Running known battery hogs like FB and Twitter? Got the wrong OS on it ? (267 is great!)
    03-02-12 09:17 AM
    I agree OP!! I've had every version/flavor of Bold with this being the best. Jump on it!
    Last edited by ibcop; 03-02-12 at 09:34 AM.
    03-02-12 09:24 AM
    Last year I kept saying that I'll buy the 9930 when price drops to around $100 or so. Coincidentally, this week I got a special promo in the mail from sprint.. I can upgrade to the 9930 for $99. I already have it reserved at the store and ready to pick up this Friday.

However, this year, Sprint is also going to raise my plan by another $10/month if I upgrade. So that is making the decision harder. I really wanted the 9930 but now that sprint will make me pay a premium for a 2 yr old device really makes me mad. An extra $10/month isn't much but it adds up when you have 4 lines..

Even if I activate my vintage Motorola Startac, they said that my plan will still go up $10/month. Sorry I'm getting off topic.. So basically, I'd rather pay a premium for something new, how much longer do I need to wait for the "QNX" devices? The 9630 I'm using is getting extremely old and annoying.. Or is the 9930 worth all this hassle..
    Get the Bold. It is a pleasant suprise. Awesome.
    03-02-12 10:01 AM
    I haven't found it to be as you described. Maybe you are leaving apps opened? Running known battery hogs like FB and Twitter? Got the wrong OS on it ? (267 is great!)

Well there's your answer and it's correct. Waiting is personal and endless... 99xx is the finest BB there is. Good luck
    03-02-12 10:16 AM
    I couldn't agree more! If you like the 9630, you'll love the 9930.
    I've transitioned through the 8330/9630/9650/9930 and really don't care about BB10 until I've heard there is a reason to upgrade.
    Do wish Seidio made extended batteries and cases for the 9930!
    03-03-12 06:37 AM

The $10.00 add on is for the smartphone itself. Unless you're adding a new smartphone on all four lines, then you'll only be paying for your new smartphone device $10 extra a month. I have 2 lines on my account and when my fiance got her BB Style last March from her own older flip phone they added $10 on my bill, and then when I upgraded my Curve 8330 to the Bold 9930 in August, they added that $10.00 smartphone fee. I'd call a Sprint supervisor rep and ask what's the best plan for you. Also, check and see if your Company you work for is on Sprint, and you might get an employee discount, if not, just say you work for say Chase Bank or Ford Motor Company (they get over a 24% discount w/Sprint) Hopefully they wont ask for ID or verivication if you do it over the phone with a rep. Hope this helps
    03-03-12 07:21 AM

My experience with the 9930 battery life is great. Are you sure you're not leaving apps open?
    03-03-12 07:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD