I spilled a bit of coffee on my 9900. I took the battery out fairly quickly and its drying now. Are there any specific steps I should follow? It spilled on the keyboard but was wiped off right away.

I've heard of rice or in front of the AC but most of those cases involve submersion.

Thanks in advance!
    02-04-12 06:32 PM
    I accidentally through an espresso on my 9700 once..it was quite messy. I used the hair dryer but a bland stain was left into the screen. Few months later the screen bricked completely and turn on white.

Was your one deeply dipped?
    Last edited by albertinik; 02-04-12 at 06:57 PM.
    02-04-12 06:39 PM
    Bag of rice should help remove any excess moisture. But the problem with coffee is it leaves behind a sticky residue as well. Sometimes problems don't creep up for a few months. When my wife spilled coffee on her 9700, it was working fine for a while, then some of the keys became unresponsive. I had to disassemble her phone, clean the contacts and replace the keyboard membrane.
    02-04-12 06:50 PM
    It was just a splash across the keyboard. I'm ultra paranoid though and I really like this phone.
    02-04-12 06:50 PM
    It was just a splash across the keyboard. I'm ultra paranoid though and I really like this phone.
    You should be alright then. Worst case scenario you have to clean keyboard contacts
    Last edited by albertinik; 02-04-12 at 06:56 PM.
    02-04-12 06:53 PM
    I hope so; I'll still be cautious and let it dry out to be sure.
    02-04-12 07:26 PM
    If not new keyboards are 14 bucks and only 2 screws
    02-04-12 07:48 PM
    I hope so; I'll still be cautious and let it dry out to be sure.
    Take a warm cloth & wipe the phone down , then let it dry.
    02-04-12 08:01 PM
    Oh really? Did not know that; can you get them through Blackberry or are there other suppliers?

I have very little experience performing repairs, so this will definitely be a last resort but I'm feeling better about my beloved phone.
    02-04-12 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD