I use my phone for my morning alarm. I usually wake up before it, but I set it just in case.

Both nights I have owned this phone, I have woken up with it being light out, and I look over, and my phone will say its 1:xx am. If I mash the keys and unlock the device, the time will update to the right time (usually 7am-ish) after a few seconds.

Like I said, I usually wake up before my alarm goes off anyways, so I don't know whether the alarm still goes off even if the clock has frozen up. Either way, seeing as its happened both nights in a row, its not an isolated incident.

A second bug I've seen is where I will plug in a pair of earbuds, and the device will not see them, and will continue to play music out of the onboard speaker. Turning the phone on and off did not fix this, but it did work the next day for some reason.

Has anyone else had these problems? I am trying to figure out if its a hardware problem and I should exchange the phone for a working one, or if its a problem all the phones have and I should just return the thing.
    08-18-11 09:01 AM
    I don't have the phone (yet) so I can't comment on whether or not this is an isolated incident. However, I was wondering if you restored/migrated a previous BlackBerry device when you got this one? I'm starting to believe that there might be issues with migrating from one device to the 99xx, although I'm just guessing at this point.
    08-18-11 09:07 AM
    i do not have that issue on my phone.

try a software update to see if it fixes the issue.
    I am running .317 and contrary to some of the issues others have had, it is flawless for me right now.
    08-18-11 09:09 AM
    i do not have that issue on my phone.

try a software update to see if it fixes the issue.
    I am running .317 and contrary to some of the issues others have had, it is flawless for me right now.
    According to my phone, there are no available updates when I run software update. I am running 7.0.0 right now.

I don't have the phone (yet) so I can't comment on whether or not this is an isolated incident. However, I was wondering if you restored/migrated a previous BlackBerry device when you got this one? I'm starting to believe that there might be issues with migrating from one device to the 99xx, although I'm just guessing at this point.
    This is actually a fresh BB install. I just (perhaps temporarily) converted from Android.
    08-18-11 09:17 AM
    According to my phone, there are no available updates when I run software update. I am running 7.0.0 right now.
    The phone will only check for carrier released updates. However, updates are available from other carriers that will work on your phone. Browse around for instructions on how to update the OS on your phone with one from another carrier.

This is actually a fresh BB install. I just (perhaps temporarily) converted from Android.
    Well dang. Nevermind then.
    ScottyC1988 likes this.
    08-18-11 09:40 AM
    Okay, I'll see what I can find. Thanks!
    08-18-11 09:58 AM
    Just received the same alarm clock/frozen clock glitch this morning. Set alarm for 5:03am & woke up an hour later to find my clock was still at 1:xxam.

Fyi - same thing happened to me with my 9780 about once ever 2 months or so

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 10:16 AM
    Jeez, so I guess this is an ongoing problem. Is there a place to submit bug reports to blackberry?

Would think with a new OS release, they'd be looking to collect as much user feedback/error reports as possible...
    08-18-11 11:45 AM
    Try @BlackBerryHelp or @BlackBerry on Twitter. And don't assume this is a widespread problem just because one other person posted about the same issue. Forums are not representative of the entire user base. Not by a long shot.
    08-18-11 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD