Thank you for the tip! Logo be gone!
    Here is close up pictures....

She
    Last edited by slpayton01; 09-28-11 at 01:18 PM.
    08-26-11 04:53 PM
    This really does work great" thanks again for the tip. I'm thinking of even taking the "space" off the spacebar.
    08-26-11 05:03 PM
    This really does work great" thanks again for the tip. I'm thinking of even taking the "space" off the spacebar.
    The lettering on the keyboard isn't ink you'll be rubbing for a long time..lol
    08-27-11 01:05 AM
    it works well!! i scrubbed hard too. just took paper towel and put a crap load of npr on it and went to town. Logo came off within 2 minutes of scrubbing. looks pretty neat, mine has a faint watermark of the rogers logo if held close to a light.
    08-27-11 01:43 AM
    Um. I used paint remover and it appears that it DID affect the black plastic. I thought it was some left over paint residue but I don't think it was. It looks like I took sandpaper to it. So be cautious...
    08-27-11 04:49 AM
    Double post. Sorry
    Last edited by Anth0ny.; 08-27-11 at 05:11 AM.
    08-27-11 04:55 AM
    tried the penny (1975 Canadian, 98% copper) and it actually did leave a few faint dents and one very very very light scratch across, but overall looks pretty good. I'll probably switch it out anyway when there are third party ones available.

Thank God !! in India, It comes without any carrier logos
    08-27-11 05:20 AM
    My question is...is it such a big deal to have the carrier's logo thier? I've never thought about taking it off. And another thing, if you're reselling this next year, wouldn't the fact the phone has been marred & altered lower the resale value. I'll pass on using nail polish on my brand new shiny Bold 9930
    08-27-11 06:38 AM
    Um. I used paint remover and it appears that it DID affect the black plastic. I thought it was some left over paint residue but I don't think it was. It looks like I took sandpaper to it. So be cautious...
    Why would you use paint remover? You not only were removing the logo but also the paint of the black plastic.
    08-27-11 06:42 AM
    My question is...is it such a big deal to have the carrier's logo thier? I've never thought about taking it off. And another thing, if you're reselling this next year, wouldn't the fact the phone has been marred & altered lower the resale value. I'll pass on using nail polish on my brand new shiny Bold 9930
    Actually it increases the value of it. I've been selling phones for years and I've always gotten more for unbranded ones. Also, no one cares if you pass on doing this, this thread is useful for those of us who don't want the branding. If you don't want to do it no need to come into the thread.
    ratchetjaw#AC and Jake Storm like this.
    08-27-11 06:44 AM
    you didnt say whether you used acetone or non-acetone nail polish remover... this could make a huge difference...
    I would also like an answer to this. Both acetone and non-acetone nail polish remover are tough on plastics so it would be helpful to know which you used successfully without damaging the phone.

EDIT: some googling shows that people generally use acetone for this BUT acetone can damage certain plastics so I would be very careful.
    Last edited by kyopo; 08-27-11 at 09:01 AM.
    08-27-11 08:51 AM
    I would love to remove my sprint logo, but i just cant get myself to take any kind of stripper to a painted piece of my brand new 9930.
    08-27-11 09:19 AM
    I would also like an answer to this. Both acetone and non-acetone nail polish remover are tough on plastics so it would be helpful to know which you used successfully without damaging the phone.

EDIT: some googling shows that people generally use acetone for this BUT acetone can damage certain plastics so I would be very careful.
    I used pure Acetone on mine. It came off literally in seconds and didn't leave behind any trace of the logo or cause any harm to the black plastic.
    08-27-11 09:43 AM
    Wow You guys are using paint remover?!!! Are you insane?

I used Nail Polish remover with Acetone and I put up pictures of the results, so you will be ok.

Secondly if you really dont mind the Logo, thats fine the cleaner look is not for everyone.

Third, people please quit making this harder than it is, its not that complicated as you guys are making it out to be. I am not telling you to set your brand new phone on fire for 3 seconds than turn it off, simply follow the instructions and you will be fine, also like i said you can practice on a $.99 cents Hot wheels by removing the painted stickers on one.

This post was made to help you guys with the removal of the carrier logo, if this is not you please move on.
    08-27-11 11:41 AM
    I used the Penny trick the other day, and it worked fine, but this looks like it will leave better results. Doesn't matter to me though as I ordered the unbranded one. Can't wait to get it.
    08-27-11 11:48 AM
    Nice find! Had mine unlocked from Rogers (hate them) wiped it away this morning. Thanks for the advi.
    08-27-11 03:44 PM
    Great tip! Nail polish remover ( non- acetone) with a paper towel, took less than 2 minutes!! Awesome!!!
    08-27-11 04:07 PM
    Just did it thanks for the great tip Jesse813
    08-27-11 04:21 PM
    I will try this with my 9650.

Lets hope it works. haha
    Hm I may have to try this.
    Did it work for you Dthcmd?
    08-27-11 04:41 PM
    Great tip! Thanks for posting.
    08-27-11 11:08 PM
    I never thought about doing this, but you just peaked my interest.
    08-27-11 11:25 PM
    does this void the warranty?
    08-27-11 11:44 PM
    Has anyone tried rubbing off the logo with WD40?
    08-28-11 12:17 AM
    Hm I may have to try this.
    Did it work for you Dthcmd?
    I been scrubbing my vzw 9650 for a few minutes now and it has smudge a bit. You can't even tell I tried to remove it. Maybe these new phones have different ink because I'm not having as easy a time as the others have.

EDIT

I upgraded to straight acetone and it is working now. If the straight stuff destroys my phone I don't really care. I'm getting a 9930 next week any way lol this is just for testing.
    Last edited by Witmen; 08-28-11 at 12:32 AM.
    08-28-11 12:21 AM
    i did mine last week but i still see some left-overs...i'm gonna try the nail polish.
    08-28-11 12:41 AM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD