I purchased a charging stand from Amazon for the 9930. It said it was an OEM model. However, the phone doesn't charge b/c it doesn't really stand up straight which is what is required to hit the contacts.

Has anyone else had an issue with the 9930 charging stand?
    01-13-12 04:04 PM
    can you provide a link to it as there are more than one?
    if its a cheap knock off or a real branded BlackBerry one?

return it if it isnt working
    01-13-12 04:10 PM
    Was it Amazon itself or a 3rd party? I've never had issue with OEM stuff from Amazon itself. It's supposed to lean slightly to the back.
    01-13-12 04:23 PM
    I purchased a charging stand from Amazon for the 9930. It said it was an OEM model. However, the phone doesn't charge b/c it doesn't really stand up straight which is what is required to hit the contacts.

I have almost the same problem with the OEM charging stand. You have to insert your BB just precisely or it will not charge. Even when I do, it doesn't charge up to 100%. I'm not sure why but I decided not to use it anymore which is a shame as it is a nice charger stand.

mokeiko
    01-13-12 05:05 PM

if you paid 20$ + its most likely real deal.

if you paid < 20 then it typically fake... I hvae the fake one. Cost me $5 and it is the old bb design which is great and easy to fit my phone in.
    01-14-12 01:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD