Hi everyone,

I bought a new after market (Momax) travel charger (usb + power adaptor) for my bold 9900 and it doesn't work on wall port; however the usb works when charing via my laptop.

A messasge has shown when i tried to charge the bb on the wall port:
    "Some USB hubs mights not provide enough power. Plug the hub into a power outlet (if available) and reconnect your Blackberry device. Try connecting to another USB port (different computer, USB hub, or travel charger). Verify that your USB cable is securely connected to your BB device and a USB port. Verify that your computer is not in standby, hibermate, or sleep mode. Verify that BB device USB drivers are installed on your computer."

Any one can help explaining why the BB could charge via my laptop but not the wall outlet ?

p.s. I am new to this so please go easy on me, thanks everyone
    11-29-11 09:38 PM
    I'm gonna assume you tried it on a couple wall outlets?

The simple answer would then be there is something wrong with the adapter. Might be defective. I also assume the RIM charger that came with it works fine for the phone?
    11-29-11 10:09 PM
    Hi everyone,

I bought a new after market (Momax) travel charger (usb + power adaptor) for my bold 9900 and it doesn't work on wall port; however the usb works when charing via my laptop.

A messasge has shown when i tried to charge the bb on the wall port:
    "Some USB hubs mights not provide enough power. Plug the hub into a power outlet (if available) and reconnect your Blackberry device. Try connecting to another USB port (different computer, USB hub, or travel charger). Verify that your USB cable is securely connected to your BB device and a USB port. Verify that your computer is not in standby, hibermate, or sleep mode. Verify that BB device USB drivers are installed on your computer."

Any one can help explaining why the BB could charge via my laptop but not the wall outlet ?

p.s. I am new to this so please go easy on me, thanks everyone
    Why even bother screwing around with an aftermarket POS when you have the RIM charger included with the unit?
    11-29-11 10:21 PM
    Hi Mike,

Yes I tried in a couple of outlets as well as my old 9700. Both devices had the problem. The adapter should be fine since the charging status lighting is working fine. I think its more like the power Input/Output problem because I feel like the charger is not designed for 9900 nor 9700. I had experience with previous 9700 charger (same brand Momax) but just couldn't figure out the reason.

Spec:
    Input: 100 - 240 V ~50/60Hz 0.15A
    Output: 5.0V - 1000mA
    11-29-11 10:24 PM
    Hi FBA,

I lost the RIM one and they are currently out of stock since bb9900 isn't that popular in HK.
    11-29-11 10:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD