08-17-11 07:57 AM
    This is third party and not OEM
    08-17-11 08:11 AM
    hhmm Can I use this pod if I decide to use Soft Shell as a BB protection. I belive it's not possible but just checking
    If you want to use the OEM charging POD from Blackberry, it will NOT work with any case attached
    08-17-11 08:12 AM
    order mine at shop crackberry and it is back ordered... So hoping it will ship soon...
    08-17-11 08:38 AM
    Got mine yesterday at Best Buy. They had 6. Very happy with the unit, and it holds the phone securely.
    08-18-11 12:15 AM
    Got mine yesterday at Best Buy. They had 6. Very happy with the unit, and it holds the phone securely.
    Thank you sir, that was one of the things I was worried about.
    08-18-11 12:33 AM
    I'm guessing this is in Canada and not the US? I'm trying to figure out where I can pick up the desktop dock for the Bold 9900 here in the US. Do the Verizon stores have them yet?
    08-18-11 02:05 AM
    I ordered the Pod and and the pouch on Sunday and both were available then. I noticed now that the charging pod says "keep Me Posted"......I need to follow up with them to see if it shipped.
    08-18-11 07:22 AM
    here is a pic for you guys..

the contacts are magnetized from what i can feel... so it keeps it on the cradle a little better then most people might think.. it does move around a little and u'll probably have to make sure it's charging before u leave it on the cradle..

other then that.. the LED light is GREEN between the cradle and the BB logo..
    08-18-11 01:36 PM
    got mine from a verizon store today along with screen protectors. and they had cases too. havent been home to try the charging pod yet, but will let you know when i do

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 09:33 PM
    Where was this? I'd love to get one soon for my phone. Was at BestBuy the other day and they didn't even have the 9900 displayed nor did the sales peeps know what the 9900 was ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I am in Victoria, and usually we are the last to get anything, so this was a nice treat. Best Buy where ever you live is your best bet!
    08-18-11 10:50 PM
    I am not a fan of this pod... I had the OEM pod for the 9650 and that was far more appealing not only aesthetically, but it was a much sturdy build... meaning, I never had to worry that the 9650 would A) topple over and B) never would i have to make sure the phone was properly charging...

now, with that said, I would rather endure a flimsy pod than I would pulling the micro USB in and out of the phone multiple times a day... just be warned, for those coming from a more superior pod...
    08-18-11 11:41 PM
    yeah these pods are pretty awesome. i keep 2...one on my desk and 1 by my bed. haven't got the 9930 one yet, but vzn has them on their site for $29 without the charge cord. any wall charger will connect to it.
    08-18-11 11:46 PM
    yeah these pods are pretty awesome. i keep 2...one on my desk and 1 by my bed. haven't got the 9930 one yet, but vzn has them on their site for $29 without the charge cord. any wall charger will connect to it.
    actually, the vzw ones that they sell on the website come with the data cable and plug jack... im using it right now as a matter of fact... in that sense, i can ALMOST justify the price...
    08-18-11 11:48 PM
    The pod works great. The unit has a little tab that fits in the back of 9930. It's just as stable as the 9650 pod I had. It has some weight to it too. I'll pick another one when Amazon has them on the cheap.
    08-18-11 11:57 PM
    anyone know if the corporate stores are carrying these now?
    08-19-11 12:11 AM
    Popped into the Verizon store today. They had a 9930 unit on display but not yet for sale AND they had the charging pod and screen protectors. I'm thinking if your local Verizon store has 9930 units on site, they will have the accessories. I picked up a charging pod which comes with a wall plug and data cable. The accessories for this phone are not on display and had to wait for 15min while a sales rep had to go rummaging through the back room. $29.99 retail minus 15% off for an employee discount. Used the pod today, and while I felt that it was a little easier to drop the 9650 into it's respective pod, the 9930's pod didn't feel too unstable once it was in. I mounted it into the pod in the dark and had to feel around for it. Once it did find the right area it popped right it. As for an earlier post, I'm not sure if it is magnatized to allow for that extra grip. I'll have to check on that in the morning. My only grip is the same gripe I had with the 9650 pod ... I can't use it with my otterbox case. I knew that going in. But it gives me an excuse to take off the otterbox and expose the phone in its' au naturale beauty.
    Last edited by wrwrx; 08-19-11 at 03:48 AM.
    08-19-11 03:45 AM
    Does the 9000 charging pod work with the 9930? Seems like the 9930 charging pod isn't as sturdy as ones like the 9650, so I'm leary about purchasing it.
    09-23-11 08:19 AM
    Yes. The 9900 and 9930 are the same phone minus a few radio differences.
    09-23-11 08:49 AM
    I've got 3 9930 pods since the battery isn't the biggest (but it's thin! like everyone seems to want) and I don't want to wear out the micro-usb connector. The 9930 pods were 29.99 with a 25% company discount off that from the Verizon store.

I totally agree that the 9650 pod kept the phone much more stable allowing for easy use while the phone is in the pod and 100% consistent electrical contact. The 9930 pod "looks" good - nice and low, rounded corners, shiny black plastic.

But the 9930 phone frequently sits in the pod while not making electrical contact and has so little plastic holding on to the phone that pushing phone buttons frequently tips the phone over or at least breaks the electrical contacts.

I think Blackberry is playing the style game with the 9930 pod to try to appeal to Apple folks. I wish they'd focus on function not fashion since they're never beat Apple on style but they can win on function.
    09-23-11 09:09 AM
    Yes this is a must have accessory!! I never had a charging pod before but I had to get this one... It's so stylish and love when the clock app pops up when you place the phone in the pod!

Sent from my Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-23-11 09:55 AM
    So does the 9000 charging pod work (older style) or only the new 9930?
    09-23-11 12:16 PM
    So does the 9000 charging pod work (older style) or only the new 9930?

I don't think the charging pod for the 9000 will work for the 9900 series... Just buy the right one, that way no headache!!

Sent from my Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-23-11 12:24 PM
    Looks great... but exremely fragile as well!
    What if you have a clumpsy person around that doesn't notice the phone in time, and bumps into it?
    (the inner connectors might break)

- I wouldn't even think about taking this risk, but that's just me... I rather keep it plugged in, using the standard wall cable.
    Inner connections, WTF? There are no stinkin inner connections to break. :>@
    09-23-11 12:57 PM
    I have to agree with some of the posters here that it is stylish but because it is so thin it isn't very stable. The 9700 and 9800 pods had a deep recess that the phone sat into to make it stable. I've been using my pod at the office and find that I find that I've knocked the phone over a couple times checking emails while is still in the pod. Probably will take a little time to get used to I suppose.
    09-24-11 12:39 AM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD