Not sure if this is a repost or what but in addition to the OEM leather pouch, the OEM charging pod showed up on Blackberry's official website store and it looks sweet!

BlackBerry-Bold-99309900-Charging-Pod-Bundle
    08-01-11 12:08 PM
    I noticed that yesterday. I like it, and it's a much different look compared to their previous offerings. Nice and thin. Modern. The more I see stuff pop up for this phone, the more I can't wait to get my hands on it.
    08-01-11 12:13 PM
    Looks great... but exremely fragile as well!
    What if you have a clumpsy person around that doesn't notice the phone in time, and bumps into it?
    (the inner connectors might break)

- I wouldn't even think about taking this risk, but that's just me... I rather keep it plugged in, using the standard wall cable.
    08-01-11 01:00 PM
    What if you have a clumpsy person around that doesn't notice the phone in time, and bumps into it?

- I wouldn't even think about taking this risk, but that's just me... I rather keep it plugged in, using the standard wall cable.
    If you accidentally bump your device it will just fall over on the desk. This is a must have accessory as it eliminated a lot of wear on your USB connection. If this connection goes bad you are screwed.

There are no inner connectors to break, it just sits on top of the contacts.

This is the one accessory everyone should have
    08-01-11 01:13 PM
    Yeah, I'll definitely want to pick one of these up at some point. I currently have the Seidio Desktop Charging Cradle for my 9700, which I only have because CrackBerry Kevin was tossing them across the room at a party during DevCon'10. That being said, I really like it except for one nitpick. If you're not using their case (I'm not), then you need to use this annoying plastic insert to make your phone fit. That insert keeps popping out. I just glued mine in place, which kept it put until about a week ago. Should probably fix it again, but the 9900 is right around the corner.
    08-01-11 02:48 PM

I'm not sure, what inner connectors breaking you are talking about. It is just contact points, nothing to break. The points in the cradle have spring like flexibility, so if someone knocks it, it will just fall over.

I use cradle for my 9700, very convenient, as gregg says saves wear on USB port. Bonus is bedside alarm and battery well charged when i wake up.
    08-01-11 05:35 PM
    But at $49, it looks pricey! Hopefully, by the time device is released, resellers will offer it for much cheaper on amazon and ebay.
    08-01-11 05:38 PM
    But at $49, it looks pricey! Hopefully, by the time device is released, resellers will offer it for much cheaper on amazon and ebay.
    It's listed for 39 (canadian dollars) on the crackberry Canada site.

Bold 9930 - CrackBerry Canada

About $40.80 US
    Last edited by jimpilot; 08-02-11 at 07:27 AM.
    08-01-11 06:13 PM
    anyone want to take a guess at what the amazon price will be? I bought my charging dock for my tour for $12 not too long after its release
    08-01-11 06:53 PM
    It's listed for 39 dollare (canadian dollars) on the crackberry Canada site.

Bold 9930 - CrackBerry Canada

About $40.80 US
    i can go one better than that, here in the UK, Play.com have it for sale
    Play.com - Buy BlackBerry Bold 9900 Charging Pod with UK Charger / Black Free delivery to UK and Europe!
    for just �15, or apx $30 this is so on my buying list
    PsyCorps likes this.
    08-01-11 06:54 PM
    If you accidentally bump your device it will just fall over on the desk. This is a must have accessory as it eliminated a lot of wear on your USB connection. If this connection goes bad you are screwed.

There are no inner connectors to break, it just sits on top of the contacts.

This is the one accessory everyone should have
    Exactly. They loosen up after a while. This eliminates that from happening.
    08-01-11 07:50 PM
    Do the charging contacts go into the phone? Or merely rest on the two points? I'm worried that if it is two "prongs" that it would scratch the bezel.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-11 10:10 PM
    Do the charging contacts go into the phone? Or merely rest on the two points? I'm worried that if it is two "prongs" that it would scratch the bezel.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Rests on two points
    08-01-11 10:21 PM
    I think i'm going to get one. It's pretty neat. Anyone getting other accessories? Screen protectors, cases, etc?
    08-01-11 10:39 PM
    Definitely need to buy this pod - I wrecked the micro USB port on my Tour, so this is my solution for this baby.
    08-01-11 10:49 PM
    anyone want to take a guess at what the amazon price will be? I bought my charging dock for my tour for $12 not too long after its release
    Everything is cheaper for those willing to wait. This item will be no different if you wait for several months.
    08-02-11 05:14 AM
    I really think that RIM has beefed the USB port up but having to use it 365 days of the year to recharge is not worth the risk.

Besides if you what to read an incoming email or take a call, you just grab your phone and there is nothing to unplug.

RIM should include one in the box! LOL!
    08-02-11 05:17 AM
    I agree! they should include it in the box!
    08-02-11 06:21 AM

Yeah, $49 for a pod, cord, and wallcharge block.....highway robbery. Heck, the phone should come with a cord and wallcharger, right? So they should also likely have for sale just the pod so you can use the cord/charger block that comes with the phone......
    08-02-11 08:10 AM
    I never owned a charging pod for any of my BlackBerries before, but this 9900 baby deserves anything and everything.

Definitely buying one.
    08-02-11 08:13 AM
    Yeah, $49 for a pod, cord, and wallcharge block.....highway robbery. Heck, the phone should come with a cord and wallcharger, right? So they should also likely have for sale just the pod so you can use the cord/charger block that comes with the phone......
    Highway robbery LOL +1
    08-02-11 08:14 AM
    well I agree, it's way to much for a piece of plastic and a couple of wires, but as long as we pay for it, they will sell it
    08-02-11 08:19 AM
    I assume they don't sell that many of them in mass production terms, so a lot of the cost is just in production line set up etc.
    08-02-11 08:49 AM
    This is actually one of my favorite features of the Blackberry. It's keeping me from moving over to the Evo 3D. I like keeping my phones for two years, which is impossible if I have to use the microUSB port every day. I'm really happy to see they kept the feature with the new Bold.
    08-02-11 04:26 PM
    I assume they don't sell that many of them in mass production terms, so a lot of the cost is just in production line set up etc.
    No idea on actual sales numbers, but I considered the charging pod a necessity for every BB I've ever owned, not just a good extra to have. I would imagine many others feel the same.
    jimpilot likes this.
    08-02-11 04:54 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD